TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    JUST A REMINDER: WEIGHT TRACKER LEADER SHEET WILL UPDATE TOMORROW EVENING!
  • MissionEnforcer
    Options
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS:

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NUMBERS GETTING VERIFIED (BUT YOU SEE OTHERS THAT ARE), YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLES, AS SHOWN IN THE CHALLENGE LISTING.

***PLEASE DO NOT POST THE EXAMPLES ON THE TEAM SITES***
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Posting again because apparently I didn't follow the format, but I swear the first line about which challenge it was wasn't there for challenge#1 when I looked yesterday, only #3, because I double checked it too after I saw it on 3. Next time maybe it should be in the instructions like it is for the other post too. -.- Whatever.

Challenge#1

I chose and completed the 5k Frostbite footrace outside on the walking path we have near the river here.

I mostly walked, because it's too cold to swim and no snow to skii on. :tongue: There was also some hurried jogging as I tried to beat the rain. I didn't succeed. :D

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @geminiswede --- you are probably correct, since the time stamp on the edited post was at the same time as ME's post above. I know when I first looked they were hidden under a "spoiler" post and isn't that way now.

Also, for everyone... it is fine to post what you are going to do without for the food challenge #3 beforehand, but remember to come back and post in the correct format AFTER you have completed the 5 days.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I should also give up chocolate this week, so I'm going to do no late night snacking, but also no chocolate. Maybe that will make up for some of my eating this past week! I got on the scale this morning and I was only up 1.5 lbs, and that was after having a Mcdonalds burger and milk shake on our way home last night at 10pm, so I'm hoping that by the weekend it will be gone!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So I started the week with 5 different food/drink goals...I'm pretty much down to one at this point. It's been hard to 'choose' a 'vice' because since joining MFP, I've made a point to not label any food or drink as good, bad, healthy or unhealthy...so, with the negative connotation of a 'vice', I struggle. And most things people would consider to be 'vices', I consider treats (often for a good workout or after a rough day). I'm a big proponent of IIFYM, then don't sweat it, and keeping everything in moderation. But, honestly, there are things I can do better with my eating habits, so I am taking this challenge to mean that. Also, I'm not one to just restrict myself or take something away without replacing it with another habit (hopefully better than the one I had before). So, here's what I was attempting, and my status so far:
    1. Drink at least 8 oz of water daily. This is something that quickly falls to the wayside for me...but since we already did this last week, it's silly to do it as the challenge again this week. So, this was out before it got started. However, I've been doing good with this one this week. 3/5
    2. Eat at least three servings of vegetables daily. I have never been much of a veggie fan. Fruits are fine, but veggies, meh. However, after failing on Monday, Tuesday and now Today, this one is out. 0/5
    3. Keep my food stats below the set sodium levels. Busted them Mon, Tues and Wed, so this one is out too. Darn, I love my beef jerky... 0/5
    4. Don't drink alcohol at least M-F, in an attempt to reduce my overall alcohol intake. Well, I couldn't resist a celebratory beer after my 11 miles yesterday. Really wanted another, but I kept it to one. While I did good on Monday and Today, and I'm sure I can keep this going Thursday and Friday too (after all, I did just finish a dry January), I doubt I'll be willing to do it on Saturday or Sunday. So, this is likely not going to last for 5 days, but who knows. I may surprise myself. 2/5
    5. Rather than eat sour candy, replace it with either a piece of fruit or some fruit juice. So, it comes down to this last one. My kryptonite - I :heart: sour candy - Lemonheads, Sweet Tarts, Gummy Bears, Pixie Sticks, Nerds, Spree, Laffy Taffy, Airheads. I noticed I was starting to increase the intake last week. It's not out of hand as I've continued to keep it within my macros, but not a bad idea to rein it in a bit. So, pretty much any place you see in my diary that I had an orange or some lemonade, you can bet I was wanting some Lemonheads or any other tart or sour candy (I just know I've got Lemonheads in the house right now). I'm currently 3/5 on this one, so this may be the one I end up recording.
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!! Like Rus said, I am sooo sorry for last week!! I feel so bad, it is the first time I have just not posted whatsoever :/ It was just a long, busy crazy week!! We all have them, I should have checked in though, so I do apologize... no excuse for it when it comes to a team challenge!
    Anyways... I am so happy to still be here, and I have been working extra hard to get in a lot of time this week! I am off to the spread sheet to add in minutes right now. I am going to wait until Saturday to do the walking outside challenge, it will warm up to a nice 39 degrees this weekend, so I am going to get out and help my daughter sell Girl Scout Cookies :blush: haha!!

As for the fitness challenge, I did the 2nd video, the fat blasting total body workout. I love these videos and how it tells you exactly what area the exercies are targeting and how much an average burn with these workouts is. Such great information! I just wish my stomach was as defined as hers, haha!!

I am going to post seperate for the challenges, just wanted to do a little update and let everyone know I am alive and ready to go!!
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1

I CHOSE THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE.

I jogged the distance outdoors.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1
    I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.
    I RAN 10.49 MILES OUTSIDE (ACTUALLY WAS 12.11) AND DIVIDED IT UP INTO 3 DAYS - TUES 4, WED 3.11, AND THURS 5, SO I COULD CONTINUE MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING PROGRAM.
  • MissionEnforcer
    Options
    @getsa and why?
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Sorry I've been lying low for the past while. I had a blast in England but I ended up getting sick on the plane ride back.
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm going to let Mrs. Canmore fill you in on the details because I'm in the hospital now and and am not feeling up to typing out a long post. I've been in the hospital since Saturday and will be stuck here for another 5 days or so. If possible, it would be best for both me and the team to step down and let someone else finish off the race. I'll let you know about my minutes in the meantime.

I watched the Alaska videos and walked the hallways for 17 minutes. I had major surgery last night and am 100% bed ridden right now. Unfortunately, that means that the 2 physical challenges and anymore activity minutes are out of the question.

Challenge 3 completed. I have been either fasting or on a liquid diet since Saturday. Since I have no control over my eating this week, I decided to give up coffee. I haven't had any coffee this week. I'm going to try to continue to eliminate coffee afterwards because caffeine tends to give me a headache. Sorry I can't do more to pull my weight.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,713 Member
    Options
    1. THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE:

I chose walking because it is I enjoy getting outside even when it is cold outside. I am not happy unless I get a minimum of 10,000 steps and always strive to get more when I can.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1
    I chose the 2.5k frostbite footrace.
    I hiked the trails at an arboretum with my husband so we could enjoy the flowers that were blooming.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Hello team. Just getting out of the hospital again. At this point, I'm a hindrance & need to step down. Best wishes & I hope to race with you again.

FOREVER FAB FIVES <3

• ldrichmond476
    ldrichmond476 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul - so sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital again. and @jackiep248 WoW, sorry to hear about your extended stay, that is a complete bummer. Hope you are both feeling better soon. I have sent the wait list link to my sister to see if she would be able to join in.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE 1
    -I did the 10.49 mile indoor walk since the weather dropped and I've been working from sunup to sundown and didn't want to walk in the dark. I actually did all 10 miles on Monday.

If it was last week, I got tons of miles in outside from walking with my coworker.

CHALLENGE 3
    -I gave up energy drinks for the week. Usually when I get stuck working late, I start to feel exhausted and want something to keep me going. So I'll make a pit stop at the vending machine and get a drink. I ended up grabbing a V8 instead.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul - so sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital again. and @jackiep248 WoW, sorry to hear about your extended stay, that is a complete bummer. Hope you are both feeling better soon. I have sent the wait list link to my sister to see if she would be able to join in.

Thanks! Best wishes everyone!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Wow! We're dropping like flies! I'm so sad to hear of the @MiamiSeoul and @jackiep248 health issues. We're going to miss both of you dearly. Rest up, heal fast, keep pushing ahead with positive thoughts, and get back to your active selves when you are able (and not a second before)!! Big Hugs and healing thoughts for both of you!!

1f616897e921d7307263a3f368095221.jpg

And @jackiep248, way to still kick butt while in the hospital! That's dedication! No apologies!
    And @MiamiSeoul, you are never a hindrance!! Some of your 'worst' days are better than my best days! You inspire me. But if you feel it's best for you to step down, then you have to do what is best for you.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness @jackiep248 and @MiamiSeoul! So sorry to hear your are both having such serious health issues. We will miss you dearly! Hope to see you both again in a future race!