TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,900 Member
    Options
    We checked Alyeska out. It was a bit pricey for us. but I would have tried to talk my husband into it if I knew who was making the cream puffs!!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I found a pastry chef! He can whip us up sumpin' good!!

OH MY!

I'll second the Oh my!! Looks like he can bake us up something tasty
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    bed3d1jvi3wz.png

Here's one for @Vowder check out her boots! She'll keep you hydrated and will probably give you a foot rub.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1 -

Full Iditarod 10.49 miles completed
    Why? Because I wanted to run more miles this week anyway and some of them would be in Sunny Scottsdale AZ. I did 3.4 miles on Monday with Stella, the sled dog with a whatever attitude, 2.3 miles on Wednesday morning before I left, also with Stella. And then this morning in Scottsdale ran a wonderful 6.7 miles in the beautiful weather. So a total of 12.4 miles done.

Busy times here but absolutely loving the nice weather. Will be back to update later.
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Hey team - I am starting to feel better and was able to get yoga in yesterday along with some walking. This morning, I did the 2nd challenge fat blaster video. Lungs were burning, but it felt really good to workout again.

Great job everyone on all you have done this week.

@katharmonic - I am glad you are enjoying the weather.....it has been very nice here.

Have a great day!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I found a pastry chef! He can whip us up sumpin' good!!

OH MY!

I'll second the Oh my!! Looks like he can bake us up something tasty
    I third that "Oh my!" I don't know why, but a pastry sounds real good right now! :D

Beautiful place to stay @junodog1! :)

@120maggie: Looks like you found our lead dog! I'm still working with Tara. She doesn't get the "Ho!" part down yet, but she's fast! ;)
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Last night we had Northern Lights here. Not nearly as good as up North, but we had them none-the-less.

Looks like I'll be ordering a few drinks tonight. She does look comfortable in her boots. I wonder if her boots are real? I noticed that a bunch of folks behind her are checking out her belt.

Feels good to make it to Friday. Puppies go for personality tests tomorrow (weird eh!) so we can help place them with their new owners. Just a couple of weeks to go.

Guess I'll get on the recumbent bike again today. I should bring my headset and watch some TV while I am at it.

Have a great day everyone!

• 120maggie
    Options
    Surprise!!! I really felt we were in Alaska this morning. White out driving conditions to work. Stopped before we got enough to ski on . But it looks like a winter Wonderland out there again.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET CHANGE:

VERIFICATION CHALLENGE POINTS WILL NOW APPEAR AS "GREEN", UNTIL REVIEWED.
    "RED" NUMBERS INDICATE THAT YOUR POST HAS BEEN CHECKED, REJECTED, AND NEEDS TO BE REPOSTED.

PLEASE READ THE CHALLENGE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, AND FOLLOW THE EXAMPLES, IF GIVEN.

• smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    re1exun5bqhk.png
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge 1
    I chose: THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE
    I chose to walk this one because it was easiest to do with a 3 year old. We walked around the neighborhood.
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone! I just want to remind those that haven't done Challenge #1 that all it takes is a little over 1½
    miles for 10 points :)

9in32x4vw3lu.jpg
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi guys-sitting on the plane. I will check in with ya'll tomorrow!

Would somebody add 56 minutes to the sheet for me for today please and let me know if I need to fix my challenge posts?!
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1
    Miles Completed - 11.96
    I chose Challenge 3 - the 10.49 Mile IDITAROD
    I chose challenge 3 because I have been walking on treadmill for very long time and Elliptical I have just started recetly this gives me a boost and a nice warm up to work on my arms and legs exercise.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    Hi guys-sitting on the plane. I will check in with ya'll tomorrow!

Would somebody add 56 minutes to the sheet for me for today please and let me know if I need to fix my challenge posts?!

@cardbucfan I added your 56 minutes. Looks like your challenge points have been verified - numbers are black.

I took another lovely run this morning for almost an hour. Unfortunately since then I came down with a head/stomach issue and am not feeling the greatest. Had to cut out of my meeting and am now tucked into bed. I'm hoping it is nothing and will pass quickly because I have to fly back home tomorrow afternoon. I was planning one more run in the morning but not sure I'll be able to - might not have any minutes tomorrow then. I still need to do challenge 2 but am wrapping up challenge 3 today. Have avoided all purchased coffee and fancy coffee drinks for 5 days. I think I can safely say I'll make i the rest of today, but I'll post officially about it later.
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,188 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge 3: I've made it 5 days with no chips of any kind and no peanut butter. This and a pre-log-and-stick-with-it challenge are the best type of challenges for me to lose weight. I really needed to put a quash on the Sun Chips for sure. Soooooo, thanks @MissionEnforcer and @hawkins410 !
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Today is day five of challenge three. Give up cheese. This was not easy. Look at this dinner …what does it need? CHEESE on top and a little time under the broiler!!!!!!

56avg2qv6pi2.jpg

I am having a cheese omlette for breakfast tomorrow - right after I enter my five points.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I've decided to post challenge #1 now, since I'm not sure I'll have time to get to the spreadsheet after Sunday's run.

@MissionEnforcer For challenge #1 I have done the full iditarod. So far I have run a total of 11.5 miles outside this week. I chose to do this, because I like to run. It helps clear my head, and I feel less stressed after I run. And it's simple. Just get dressed and go outside.

But I'm still planning 12 miles for Sunday :D
  • 120maggie
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy weekend! it will be another close race! Lots of pink to turn white!
    As @ingrid2017 and Fluffy reminded us it is only 1.5 miles for Challenge 1. (the hardest thing may be posting it right :D
    @katharmonic it is the pits being sick out of town.
    @ka97 will you need help posting the minutes for the 12 miles on Sunday?

I'm 5 for 5 without salty chips! my next post below is in the format we need to use!!! Please use the right format I hate sending Nagging Sunday messages.

sd5h8xsae7t0.png
  • 120maggie
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I left Chips and salty snacks behind for 5 days
    It was good to break a habit of "having" to have a non-nutritious food EVERY day. I substituted carrots and toast for the crunch.