TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Even through one of the most difficult weeks I've had in a looooong time, I have not succumbed to the warm, soothing brown arms of my faithful old friend peanut butter. I've turned in his direction countless times, even holding his hard glass jar in my hands a few times. I have not unscrewed his lid. Today is day 6 - challenge 3 met - I have the rest of this Lenten period to get through on my own with him. It will be hard, but if I can make it 5 days, I can make it 40. <3o:)<3
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Even through one of the most difficult weeks I've had in a looooong time, I have not succumbed to the warm, soothing brown arms of my faithful old friend peanut butter. I've turned in his direction countless times, even holding his hard glass jar in my hands a few times. I have not unscrewed his lid. Today is day 6 - challenge 3 met - I have the rest of this Lenten period to get through on my own with him. It will be hard, but if I can make it 5 days, I can make it 40. <3o:)<3

Fantastic job!!!!
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1
    I chose to walk a 5k. I chose this one because I am still getting over being sick, so a 5k was within reason for my body to do. While my son was at football practice last night, I walked and enjoyed the weather outside. It was in the low 70s during practice......very nice.

• smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3
    I chose to give up chips for the week (I am giving up chips for Lent, too.....so I have a long time of not being able to eat them!). I don't need these fried food goodies in me when there are other healthier alternatives to chips, such as popcorn.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3

I chose to lighten my load by leaving behind ice cream. The last two days were difficult because I have been at training conferences and ice cream was in the menu! I didn't see that coming, but I managed to prevail! :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE 3 done

I left behind eating breakfast (really it was I went 15 hours from my last meal the previous day until I ate something but it was basically breakfast!). This is a challenge for me as I'm always really hungry first thing. I tried this though because I've had several friends who said it really helped them break through a plateau. It wasn't as hard as I though it would be and really got me back in touch with true hunger. I will be continuing this when I get back from my trip! (I also gave up my daily peanut butter and cracker snack which I definitely miss!)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

CHALLENGE #3 - DONE
    Say Cheese

While I don't necessarily eat cheese everyday, it is a valuable and tasty component in my food choices. Cheese in salad or Cheese in sandwich or maybe Cheese to fill out calories for the day. When you posted the weeks events, I had just bought a new bag of those delicious, single-serving, red-wax-wrapped, tiny wheels of deliciousness - Babybell cheeses. So I gave up my beloved cheese for the good of my team until this morning, when I had an onion and cheese omlette.
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2017
    Options
    TWO HOURS UNTIL THE IDITAROD TEAMS LEAVE ANCHORAGE! :)
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I believe the start of the race will be live at the "Iditarod Countdown" site that @hawkins410 posted at the beginning of this week's itinerary. :) It also looks like a good site to follow the race! Thank you @hawkins410 and @MissionEnforcer for another great week!
  • Ingrid2017
    edited March 2017
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3:

I decided to make do without soda for 5 days. I was originally going to cheat and give up only diet sodas, since I drink both types >:) ...; guilt took over and I gave up all soda o:) .

I really, really wanted a soda (yes, probably because I couldn't). I substituted with more coffee and orange juice. I'm sure the juice was healthier, but does have a lot of sugar! I'm going to continue to cut back on my soda consumption, and try to be a little more "balanced" with what I'm eating and drinking.

@MissionEnforcer
  • Ingrid2017
    Options
    ...but in the meantime, bring it on bartender! :)

atr8p7xjkpl2.jpg

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

• wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Just a quick message
    Toaday finshed video challenge and

@missionenforcer
    # challenge 3 also completed 6 days without coffee

Have a great weekend

xxxx
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1

I chose the 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE.

I walked 5k with Sky my lovely Lab because if i run with her on the lead she's a P.I.A with all her stopping, starting and peeing!

• ejdp254
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3

LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!

I left behind cheese this week for 5 days -i tried to leave coffee as well but that stopped working on Thursday!
    It's not been too bad but i have really missed it, but i have survived and have had some tonight! Couldn't wait as i rely on it a lot for easy snacks :)
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Excuse me

CHALLENGE #3
    I left coffee behind for 6 days.
    Because I want to know what coffee do with my body and if I am addicted
    But after this week my conclusion is
    I'm not addicted and I feel great so next week I go drink my latte/cappucino/and normal coffee again but less than normal

• ejdp254
    Options
    I am addicted to coffee but I have reduced it from about 8 cups a day to 2 , I think this is a thing!
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2017
    Options
    9830056a9c037a9ce017f2d0369d1005.jpg
    @ejdp254: This would be Tara if she was a husky!
    @Vowder: That is so cool about the Northern Lights! Puppies AND lights...on my way!
    @Ingrid2017: Too cute!!

I am happy I just finished the Iditarod Dare but just like others have said...you only have to go 2.5K or 1.55 miles for Challenge #1.
    ALSO remember Challenge #2 can be broken into segments and you don't even have to use the video! :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    44a81f735bdd09f28fc0451910ae66f8.jpg

IS THIS BARTENDER SATISFACTORY FOR Y'ALL?
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3:

Successfully completed 5 days without a Starbucks latte or any other purchased coffee drink. It was made enough tougher by the fact that the conference center/hotel had CRAPPY free coffee. So, today on the 6th day...I totally had one at the airport. >:)

Feeling better thank goodness. Got my last run in this morning before packing it up and leaving Scottsdale. I'm currently on my long flight home to 14 degree temps. Sad.
  • hawkins410
    Options

The Ceremonial Start of the Iditarod has begun in Anchorage!
    Just follow this link:
    http://iditarod.com/

:)