• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Ingrid2017 wrote: »
    @wolvinnetje, @ka97 and @120maggie
    I hope you all feel better soon!
    9gvy8f7404m7.jpg
    @Ingrid2017: This is too cute! :smiley:

Challenges complete here in rainy Southern California! Tara took my socks while I was doing the foot massages and ran off with them! She was soooooo pleased with herself! :wink:
    Gotta love her though! <3<3
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    a89oavwopmwp.png
    Team 4 is gunning for us! Let's keep doing our best and then a little extra for those that are sick.
    Don't forget @120maggie is sick so let's get our minutes and challenge points posted early so she doesn't have to worry about it!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    3xxg5xj4m5b2.png
    This is a wonderful team! I am so happy to be a part of!
    (On a side note I am bored trying to stay awake because the 3 year old is!)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    We still have lots of blanks on the foot massage challenge! kdzygsqv278r.png
    It feels so good! You will be grateful you completed the challenge!
    eb40accp9r6g.png

Hitting it today!!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Challenge 3
    What I tried:
    Kefir and beet chips
    kmbjharfs9vx.jpg

Why? Because I have heard a lot about kefir and it's benefits as a probiotic. My sister was always talking about it a while back. I bought the little smoothie bottle because that would be a good thing to grab for a breakfast or snack in the car. The beet chips I just happened to see while I was picking up the kefir. We've discussed beets a lot on here this week and I decided to give those a try too. Superfoods!

Result: Not great. The kefir was too sour tasting for me. Not as bad as I feared, but not something I enjoy enough to try to drink it. I drank a small amount of it and went back to my regularly planned breakfast. I may finish the bottle (supposed to be 2 servings but I think I just had 1/2 serving). I also went ahead and tried the beet chips. Not too bad! Not something I wanted to eat for breakfast and they have a fairly strong beety aftertaste, but crispy and decent. I can see eating that with a salad for lunch. And some goat cheese - I have some little goat cheese medallions from Trader Joes that would work well. I will eat these.

Edited to add: Do not recommend the two things together. Bleh. Not a good combo.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic-get the Trader Joe's goat cheese with honey. OMG it's the bomb! I put and ounce one that in my salads and just gobble it up!

I also had Brussels sprouts last night. They weren't bad I have to admit. Kind of a bitter aftertaste but not too different from roasted broccoli.

Can somebody add my 5 points to the spreadsheet? So annoying that every time I try and open it I get the oops message.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Gotcha 5 @cardbucfan!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    Yesterday it was 65 and sunny. Normal weather is 30 and cloudy. Went out for easy walk. Halfway was too exhausted to move. Sat for 20 minutes before I started back. I would have called for my husband to get me. But no phone. Used pockets for tissues. Got up today feeling alot better but after the strenuous effort of making coffee and sitting up to read paper I'm back on the couch. I hate whiners. I'm never ever sick. Thank goodness I did my challenges early!!!

Thanks for extra minutes you healthy ones are doing. Don't forget to turn the pink to white!!!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    @120maggie Hope you get to feeling better!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    @120maggie-I hope you feel better soon!

All you sickies-I hope you all get better quickly! I hate that so many of our teammates are under the weather!

I didn't max out minutes this week and may not this coming week either. Our course is closed to regular play from Wednesday on while we host a big tournament so I only have plans for one round of golf unless we go on a field trip!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    BOOYAH! WE HAVE 100% ON THE MUAY THAI CHALLENGE! NOW WE JUST NEED A FEW OF YOU TO MASSAGE YOUR FEET A BIT AND TRY A NEW FOOD (OR SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T CARED FOR IN THE PAST) AND WE WILL BE
    SIMPLY AWESOME!
    sunday-3.gif
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Got 60min walk in. After the walk I tried a protein powder that I have been scared to try thanks to my nephew. I'm not so scared of it anymore. That's not my food to try though. The BS are still on the agenda as my challenge food. Still a lot to do today.

I hope everyone feels better soon. Team 4 is closing in!! We can and will do this!! You are all awesome!!!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone on a great week, hope everyone starts feeling better soon!
    All my challenges are done and i just squeaked in my max miles!
    It is looking like a VERY close race this week !!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Not sure I can make it to the spreadsheet in time. Could someone add my long run 113 minutes please?
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Not sure I can make it to the spreadsheet in time. Could someone add my long run 113 minutes please?
    Posted this for you @ka97

Looks like Team 4 is ahead by a little bit now! Get those challenges posted!

I just went for a LOVELY run in the warm weather. Bring on spring.

• Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today was nice outside, not as nice as yesterday but still sun shiny! Went for an hour walk and played with the dogs outside. Does playing with the dogs outside count? I normally don't do that until spring/summer but they needed some play time with the ball being thrown around. We normally just go for walks but they had spring fever and needed more. We played and extra 15 minutes when we got home today. They like fetch, all four of them go for the ball

I would definitly count throwing the ball and playing with the dogs. I know from past experience how much of a workout that can be!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    Team 4 is leading this week!