TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @carinamenina so proud of you for completing your race!! Awesome job!!!!
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    @carinamenina Congrats on your half!!!

I, on the other hand, had to pull out of the 100 mile bike ride today. :disappointed: Everything has been battling against me doing it but I was determined until about 4am, up running to and from the bathroom, and just worried that I'll end up passing out on the bike or something. I am just so bummed, I have been looking forward to this ride and exploring different routes around my area. @mckeon11 is out there right now getting it done!!! Looks like I'll be getting my minutes in today by walking, walking, walking- later. Hopefully this rest will help me to fully recover from this bug as I have some serious training coming up this month!.
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @SmashleyM914 Hope you have a good time in Florida!

@carinamenina Great job on finishing a half-marathon!

@Scherzie Sorry you aren't feeling well, and didn't get your bike ride in. I can't even imagine doing 100 miles! Hope you start feeling better soon!

I have to finish my minutes this morning, as we're driving to visit my daughter today and don't know when we'll be back
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer I gave up chocolate & diet pop for 5 days. The chocolate was hard as we had chocolate chip cookies at work several days this week, but I did lose 2 lbs this week so it was worth it!
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3
    I left chocolate and baked sweets behind for the week. I then proceeded to think about them all week. I also feel like I just substituted salty things for the sweet things so I'm probably retaining some water. :/
  • darcijojo
    Options
    @dawnsch1995 Your challenge 3 is red. Make sure you complete it before tonight.
    Those of us with green numbers need to remember to check in later and make sure they turned black also. :smile:
    There are still quite a few blanks on the challenge posts also. I hope we are able to fill those in today. Just remember to claim points this week challenge 1 and 3 need team posts along with them.
    @carinamenina Great job on the half and your PR!
    @Scherzie Sorry you didn't get to go on your bike ride. You sounded excited about it this week. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    @SmashleyM914 I hope you have a great time in FL!
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Smashers we are doing good but there area more blanks on our spread sheet that on team 1. If we got those missing numbers filled in we could pull ahead. It is warmer here today and I am going to be out for a great long walk. I need to get my outside challenge done. I have done great on the no sugar thing till I picked this up. I never gave it a second thought till I was drinking it.x5hbrzhqe8a2.jpg
    km56rdslcybd.jpg
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE ONE COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS (RUNNING, WALKING, SNOWSHOES, SKIS)
    OR IN A POOL! DONE

2. THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS! DONE

3. THE 10.49 MILE IDITAROD: THIS MAY BE COMPLETED INDOORS (ON A TREADMILL OR ELLIPTICAL) DONE

OR TAKE THE DARE AND DO IT ALL OUTDOORS! ALL RACES MAY BE COMPLETED IN SEGMENTS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK... (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE TOTAL DISTANCE ALL AT ONCE)

In the end I took the DARE !! But made sure to get my credits early with the 5k outdoors just in case.

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS)

TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2, CHOOSE EITHER OPTION:

OPTION #1: COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 40 MINUTE FITNESS BLENDERS:

TOTAL BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT DONE I might keep doing this one I really liked it !!

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE LEAVE ONE OF YOUR FOOD/DRINK RELATED “VICES” BEHIND FOR 5 OUT OF THE 7 SEVEN DAYS! (THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONSECUTIVE) IN OTHER WORDS: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!”

***ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** POST WHAT VICE YOU “LEFT BEHIND”. ADD A SEPARATE SENTENCE ON HOW THAT WORKED FOR YOU. BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST “CHALLENGE #3”. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THIS “5” UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT.

I left sweets behind..
    OMG what a week to do that !!! Was NOT easy by any means. BUT I managed somehow. LOL Glad I was able to show some control and overpower the urges.

5/5 DAYS NO SWEETS DONE

MON - 0
    TUE - 1
    WED - 0
    THU - 2
    FRI - 3
    SAT - 4
    SUN - 5

737 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 124
    TUE - 115
    WED - 135
    THU - 70
    FRI - 138
    SAT -155
    SUN - maxed out but will get more anyway..LOL

• MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3

I left sweets behind..
    OMG what a week to do that !!! Was NOT easy by any means. BUT I managed somehow. LOL Glad i was able to show some control and overpower the urges.
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3
    I stayed under my calories all week and did not eat any grain. I'm thinking that oatmeal may not be settling well with me. I usually eat it every morning for breakfast and then have terrible gas by lunchtime. This week I have not had any problem. Hmmm???
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3
    I gave up chips/ popcorn this week! I usually have some in the evenings,but now realize it's just a bad habit because I really didn't miss them at all!!
  • darcijojo
    Options
    @aim630 You have a red for one of your challenges.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS! Done. Great day for a walk outside. Walked for an hour. My fitbit is already at almost 10,000 so i know I am over that 3.1 mile or 5K.

Challenge 3
    I am also logging my left sugar behind. Today is day 5 because I had that drink yesterday. I am thinking that drink didn't really count.
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options

@MissionEnforcer

CHALLENGE #1
    I CHOSE THE FROSTBITE FOOTRACE.
    I RAN/WALKED 4.5 MILES OUTSIDE TO GET THE EXTRA MINUTES AND POINTS FOR MY TEAM.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Can some please enter 163 minutes for me today.
    I walked up and down my street to stay close to a bathroom :blush: then did a short loop ride because doing nothing would have made me lose my mind, lol
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE!!

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS) DONE!!

I AM DOING 3. THE 10.49 MILE IDITAROD: THIS MAY BE COMPLETED INDOORS (ON A TREADMILL OR ELLIPTICAL)

TOTAL 13.64 MILES / 10.49 MILES

MONDAY - TREADMILL + ELLIPTICAL 3.10 MILES (5K)
    TUESDAY - TREADMILL + ELLIPTICAL 3.10 MILES (5K)
    WEDNESDAY - TREADMILL + ELLIPTICAL 3.10 MILES (5K)
    THURSDAY - TREADMILL + ELLIPTICAL 4.34 MILES (7K)

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS) DONE!!

I CHOSE OPTION 2 - WORKOUT AT THE GYM USING WRITTEN FORMAT

1 WORKOUT / 1 WORKOUT DONE!

I AM LEAVING CHOCOLATE AND SODA BEHIND!

5/5 DAYS DONE

MON - DAY 1 DONE
    TUE - DAY 2 DONE
    WED - DAY 3 DONE
    THU - DAY 4 DONE
    FRI - FAILED
    SAT - DAY 4 DONE
    SUN -NOPE

807 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 157 MINUTES
    TUE - 157 MINUTES + 17 MIN for VIDEOS = 174
    WED - 144 MINUTES
    THU - 257 MINUTES
    FRI - 0 MINUTES
    SAT - 75 MINUTES
    SUN - 0 MINUTES
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

I AM LEAVING CHOCOLATE AND SODA BEHIND!

This was not a good experience for me. The soda was fine but the chocolate... I am the kind of person that if you say I cant have something I will think about it 24/7. I tend to not deprive myself of anything. I always have whatever I want in moderation and it has worked well for me. On Friday I had coffee with friends and the chocolate cupcake came out and went right into my mouth. I got back to it on Saturday but then as soon as I got those 5 days all hell broke loose. I pigged out on chocolate today. I ate more today than I usually eat in 2 weeks! Not doing this again for sure.

5/5 DAYS DONE

MON - DAY 1 DONE
    TUE - DAY 2 DONE
    WED - DAY 3 DONE
    THU - DAY 4 DONE
    FRI - FAILED
    SAT - DAY 5 DONE
    SUN -EPIC FAIL
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Bad day today team. Had lots of chocolate and feeling extremely guilty now.
  • mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    well, 100 mile bike ride done! It was insanely windy (a lady got thrown off her bike twice because of wind gusts!!) Now, foam roll- stuff my face- nap... lol happy Sunday Smashers! also @Smashley914 where in FL?