What's the one thing you can't give up?

Options
tinachris14
tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
Does anyone have a food they can't give up? Something you save up all your carbs for? Mine is ketchup. So far it hasn't interfered but I still feel a tad guilty using it because it's made with sugar.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Chicken boob and tuna. They are literally the only two foods that I eat all of the time, regardless of bulk or cut.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I like some dry wine or alcohol on the weekend. I'm completely fine with dry wines or liquor with no sweet mixer, but I wouldn't be too happy if I suddenly had to stop ever having it.
    Its no problem to limit it to once a week though.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Movie popcorn. No other carbs that day and more than normal water intake. It's usually on a workout day as well.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as @lovesretirement! I know movie popcorn is terrible for you, but it's so good. Thankfully, we don't see many movies.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Corn tortillas lol I'm of Mexican heritage and well we eat tortillas with everything lol I only eat the small 6 inch corn ones (7 net carbs ea) and limit myself to 2 at the absolute most and not everyday.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Bacon - I guess it is good I don't have to give it up...
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Spice. The hotter the better. If I couldn't eat spicey food I'd just stop eating.

Luckily for me, I can make things spicey without adding a lot of carbs.
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream. I discovered Halo Top recently and just the 1/2 cup serving is perfect.
  • allie2girlz
    allie2girlz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Dairy, (heavy whipping cream and cheese), I have seasonal (environmental) allergies that have somewhat improved but not gone away on this way of eating. They always say milk makes you produce mucous. I have thought I should try giving up dairy and see if that makes a difference with my allergies/mucous production. I thought I could swap out coconut milk/cream for my HWC, but can't handle the texture/throat feeling I get with coconut anything. I love my cheese also!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Coffee.

And diet cola
  • freckles2002
    freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    My weekend wine. Love a glass of red with my food, or a glass of prosecco .
    I can be good all week long, but if this is to be the way I eat for the rest of my life, I need to ensure it is sustainable for the long run.
  • gdneff
    gdneff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with @nvmomketo, and @freckles2002. Diet coke! I have tried going even to Diet Rite, but it is just too sweet. So now instead of drinking it all day long, I have tried to start using it as a reward for drinking my water. If I get my water drank for the day, then I get to have my diet coke. If the water doesn't get drunk, then no diet coke.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Potatoes. I don't eat them anywhere near as much as I used to and I can't eat them in as large of quantities. But every now and then, I want some fries.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Wine and darkest chocolate, that sounds like two but I have them together so it is "one snack food" in my head. I could never give it up totally. I don't have to have it, but I could never cut it out of my life. I have given up a lot of 'vices' in my life but I won't give this up.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Oh, I do have to add my name to the coffee list!
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream. I discovered Halo Top recently and just the 1/2 cup serving is perfect.
    I have been wanting to try the halo top ice cream but it's not sold in my area. Looks like they have a lot of flavors!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Coffee, dairy products, Halo Top ice cream, 90% dark chocolate, peanut butter, and the occasional cappuccino made with whole milk.