Need advice please...

Options

Replies

• kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Welcome back - I am new and I am finding it really helpful to read through other peoples update and discussion threads on how things are going. I might start a thread of my own like that. It helps to see how this works.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Look forward to reading your updates.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @naturalnut I also started a thread. It helped getting me on track and a place to be accountable for what goals I have set for myself. This is a great a place to get great support.
  • brileylmt
    Options
    @faithsevio I thought you might enjoy this article that a friend posted as much as I did. Such great inspiration. http://womanista.com/2017/02/23/mom-shares-shocking-before-and-after-fitness-photos-that-prove-n/
  • FaithSevio
    FaithSevio Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @faithsevio I thought you might enjoy this article that a friend posted as much as I did. Such great inspiration. http://womanista.com/2017/02/23/mom-shares-shocking-before-and-after-fitness-photos-that-prove-n/

That is DEFINITELY some inspiration right there. Going down through her Instagram and darn she look great!!! Thank you for sharing!!
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is so inspirational. The scale lies!!
    I think we have to all work hard on breaking that tie to the scale. If I never ever lose another pound, but can transform my body like THAT, then I NEED to be on that bandwagon :)
  • FaithSevio
    Options
    Just checking in with everyone. It's been a couple of weeks now since I started up again and I took some measurements and weighed myself this morning. Down 1.1 lbs with a pinch down in measurements here and there. .25 or a .50 here and there. Won't get too detaily...

Two Weeks ago my Average TDEE was 2348 and I ate 2094
    This last week as 2375 and I at 2151

I think this week I want to stick to 2100 to 2150 only because the weather is going back to winter temps and I probably won't be as active as I was this last week.

In other news, my energy is through the roof, not as tired. Sleeping better, feeling better overall. Taking in lots of protein and eating really well. Also stopped a lot of that heavy cardio I was doing. Light treadmill walks before strength 10 mins and about 10 mins afterwards to cool down. If I do some Cardio it's a Saturday on the Ellipitical for 30 mins...

I will update again in a couple more weeks.

Faith
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @FaithSevio
    Made some fantastic and dramatic changes already!
    Love that your energy is through the roof now! Keep pushing forward, things will keep getting better.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That is such nice progress. Happy to read the updates, keep them coming.
  • FaithSevio
    Options
    I was expecting a gain from the increase in calories. Was scared at first of the scale and didn't want to hop on but thought I am not going to know what is going on if I don't. Pleasantly surprised.
    Here's to the next couple of weeks!!
  • kcmsmith0405
    Options
    The expecting weight gain from eating more is my biggest issue. I love seeing your results - it encourages me :)
  • FaithSevio
    Options
    I gained 10 lbs my first go at this and its still here. It is hard to wrap your head around it.you have to remember that it is water weight. You didn't gain 5 lbs of pure fat overnight! It will subside
  • FaithSevio
    Options
    Naturalnut wrote: »
    The expecting weight gain from eating more is my biggest issue. I love seeing your results - it encourages me :)

@Naturalnut in addition to your gain you saw. I stalked your food diary and you ate out a few times. ...I bet you it's sodium and water retention.

Let me know what happens over the course of the next few days....if you weigh in again. I am curious to see if you lose it. :-)
  • brileylmt
    Options
    @FaithStevo I'm so glad to hear of your progress with increasing calories. Yes there are some ups and downs with it. You are doing fabulous!!!
  • kcmsmith0405
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @FaithSevio Yep lost it all and then some I tend to gain water on the weekends because I almost always eat out. It's usually gone by Wednesday. I think it is actually more from carbs/sugar than sodium though. I eat a lot of sodium normally with no issues.
  • FaithSevio
    Options
    Naturalnut wrote: »
    @FaithSevio Yep lost it all and then some I tend to gain water on the weekends because I almost always eat out. It's usually gone by Wednesday. I think it is actually more from carbs/sugar than sodium though. I eat a lot of sodium normally with no issues.

I think that is my biggest issue too with the sodium. Thought about a different weigh in day. I thought Tuesday mornings would be good. Maybe I should do Fridays instead.
    I am just really hoping this time is the charm. I weighed 132 3 years ago. Looking at some stats I was working out the same and eating a lot less. I was seeing 1500 calories some days. I don't know how I survived on that. So now three years later, 21 lbs heavier. Measurements up, laundry basket full of pants that don't fit anymore. Now I am going through shirts. Which are tight but they are a good tight. From upper body muscle; not fat. I definitely can see a difference in my upper body. It's that darn midsection. Freaking turned 40 a couple years ago and stuff went to pot!!

Read Matt Stone's Diet Recovery book and basically same thing as this process he says. I also need to raise my body temp up. I take my temp a few times a day and I am at 96 degrees. sometimes high 95. That's not good. Should be about 98 all the time.
    Sign of a sluggish metabolism right there.....

With all of your encouragement and a few others on here hopefully I will get through this unscathed!!!

• kcmsmith0405
    Options
    The temp thing is interesting - min runs about 97 ish. Maybe it will go back up with eating enough :)
  • brileylmt
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing on the temp thing. Very interesting
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The temp is very interesting. I took mine recent and it's been 99.7, 99.6, 99.8ish during the day and I'm guessing because my BMR has gone up with pregnancy because I am hot all the time lately and or weather isn't helping.

Do you get enough iodine through your diet? Seafood and iodized salt(not everyone uses iodized salt) and that can have an effect as well.