Super Shape-Up March 2017: Week 2 (3/8-3/14)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
Week 2!!!
Obligatory Challene Blurb :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
I wanted to call this challenge the "Spring Shape-Up," but considering Fall is approaching on the other side of the globe, I dropped "Spring." Regardless where you're from, seasons are changing. And it's a great time to change things up in your life.

So let's embark on a Super Shape-Up Challenge.
Shape-up something in your life.
  • Shape-up your strategies with Mindful Eating or improving or picking up new WOE hacks. (Check out our Mindfulness challenge from last year.
  • Shape-up your intake by improving your consistency/compliance with your plan.
  • Shape-up your body by committing to step-up your fitness.
  • Shape-up your health by adopting a more positive health habit (like more sleep, less alcohol, avoiding unnecessary stress, and etc.)

There will be a post in the Sticky section for easy access should the thread get buried on the feed. I'll keep a link at the bottom of that post for each thread.

Replies

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    For 3/6-3/7
    Coconut oil 2 for 2
    Vitamins 2 for 2
    30 mins activity 1 for 2
    Planks 2 for 2, worked back up to 30 sec. Aiming for 2 min end of month.

Switched our cable provider yesterday, the guy did a great job but didn't finish until 7:30 last night so my salmon and sautéed spinach dinner was lukewarm. Hubby has plans tonight so I think I'll hit the gym.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Aloha!
    This week I would like to focus mainly on working on keeping my calories at a consistent level. Now, that doesn't ALWAYS work, nor is it set in stone. As if anything with me is. Smh.

I've been doing well, and haven't eaten sugar for a week, so I'm very optimistic that I've gotten myself back into control. Loosely. :D I just would feel good to stick to a hard limit, such as 1700. I don't see why I couldn't do that. That's a number I will still lose at, even going over my prescribed 1500. Which I'm flirting with upping, but let's go with one thing at a time, shall we?

So week two:
    Work at staying around 1500.

Week TWO!!!!
    Let's do this!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    I am continuing on with my same set of goals. The walking is a little difficult with the blizzard type weather we are experiencing. I guess I just have to dress warmer!

Shape Up Challenge Goals
    1. Eat between 20–30 g of carbs per day max
    2. Drink 6 to 8 cups of water per day
    3. Lift weights 3 to 4 times per week
    4. Swing kettle bell 6 to 7 times per week
    5. Walk six times per week
    6. Set phone every hour for five hours out of the day to get up and move
    7. Record daily
    8. Lose 6 to 8 pounds

SW 142.8 lbs
    CW 141.6 lbs
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    1.5 weeks down, dicked around once on my phone at night so not bad at all. Patted myself on the back last night for not reaching for my phone in the middle of the night when I woke up. Small but steady victories people.

Had some good, and some disappointing runs. My body is changing (thanks age) and things aren't coming back as quickly but I have discovered (i think) that taking some salt right beofre running helps immensely. Generally, I drink a lot of water and so I consume a lot of salt but I haven't paid much attention to timing of the salt consumption. If yesterday's experiment bears true, I should take some salt 30 odd minutes before running.

Down .5lbs this week, which is fine but I am shooting for an 8 lb loss in March as part of the biggest loser campaign at work (I want that 300 bucks darn it!) however, any loss is good.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @swezeytba congratulations on your 20 pound loss!
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Thanks!
  • baconslave
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Yes! So awesome! Congrats!
  • baconslave
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    1.5 weeks down, dicked around once on my phone at night so not bad at all. Patted myself on the back last night for not reaching for my phone in the middle of the night when I woke up. Small but steady victories people.

Had some good, and some disappointing runs. My body is changing (thanks age) and things aren't coming back as quickly but I have discovered (i think) that taking some salt right beofre running helps immensely. Generally, I drink a lot of water and so I consume a lot of salt but I haven't paid much attention to timing of the salt consumption. If yesterday's experiment bears true, I should take some salt 30 odd minutes before running.

Down .5lbs this week, which is fine but I am shooting for an 8 lb loss in March as part of the biggest loser campaign at work (I want that 300 bucks darn it!) however, any loss is good.

I agree. I do the same with good results.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I've been doing well, and haven't eaten sugar for a week, so I'm very optimistic that I've gotten myself back into control. Loosely.

Hold on loosely, but don't let go (you read that singing LOL)

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I've been on target hitting goals.
    day 3 no wheat no sugar....ya.

today I broke my 11 day streak of 10k steps or more a day. I'm trying to beat my best steps in a month now of 304 k
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I've been doing well, and haven't eaten sugar for a week, so I'm very optimistic that I've gotten myself back into control. Loosely.

Hold on loosely, but don't let go (you read that singing LOL)
    :D
    You know I TOTALLY sang it.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Great day!
    I think that persistent bloat is finally starting to budge. Scale was back down a bit this morning and my skinny jeans weren't too uncomfortable to wear all day. ;)
    Also, kicked butt at C25K Week 8 Day 1 this morning, despite all the darn hills in my neighborhood.
  • nanapuddin1
    nanapuddin1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    GOALS:
    Walk a mile every day---Not today :(
    Jump on mini trampoline 10 minutes/3 times a week---not today
    Drink at least 32 oz water every day----done
    Focus on meeting my macros---Done :)
    Log every day----done
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I did SL B workout this morning and KB this evening. I walked inside. Hit my macros and below 30g carbs. I drank my water and stayed under calories. I had really weird cravings though. Even though I did everything right I feel afraid that I will gain weight. Crazy.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Tho this is still going slower than I'd like, a ring I hadn't been able to put back on my middle finger just fit right back there. So happy about that. And fears emerging, what if I put this all back and more or something... I don't ever want to put this weight back on, unless I get pregnant, or some other good cause!
  • fanncy0626
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @LEAS86 I'm excited for you! I love doing SL! Happy Birthday!
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626 I'm super excited! I used to use weights regularly but gave up when my gym doubled their membership fees.
    I'm planning on starting with the bar (7ft olympic...so excited that it's mine!) this time but hoping to see improvements pretty fast. Never really made much progress with my squats (3 x 8 @ 40kg), I was all about the DL so definitely going for a more well rounded approach this time.
    Any tips and encouragement gratefully received!