Super Shape-Up March 2017: Week 2 (3/8-3/14)

Options

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    LEAS86 wrote: »
    Great job all - it's really inspiring to see all the positivity and goal reaching going on.
    Feeling good this week so hoping to stay the course with my goals - more water, less carbs. Easy right?!
    My barbell and rack should arrive this week and I'll be starting strong lifts as soon as it does. Happy birthday to me!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! :)
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Assume DL means dead lift which is a great exercise. Go for any of the ones that use multiple muscles rather than isolated ones. Although just by using free weights you use more muscles for stability.

And obviously start slow and build up ☝️
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks All, My birthday isn't until the 20th but I'm treating myself early. Out for dinner with friends tomorrow...steak and veggies all the way - picked the restaurant specially for it's low carb friendly food and lack of desserts that I like!

@TravellerRay I'll definitely be starting slowly - I currently have the musculature of an un set jelly so certainly not going to go crazy straight out of the gate! Lots of compound moves for me - SL5X5 is squat, deadlift, row, bench and over head press 5 sets of 5 reps (apart from the DL) getting progressively heavier as you work through so hoping to see some rapid improvements.
  • mranlett
    mranlett Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    found a great recipe for paleo scotch eggs. Basically get 1 lb of ground pork (I've also used ground turkey) and 6 hard boiled eggs. Peel the eggs and surround each egg with a patty made from your ground meat. With the pork, I mixed in a good sized helping of ground sage, which turned it into a sausage-wrapped hard-boiled egg. No carb, high on delicious.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    For 3/8
    Coconut oil yes
    Vitamins yes
    Plank and 30 min activity no
    Couch potato after work last night, nose was running to Canada and back grrrr. On the bright side, hubby was out so I made myself some shrimp scampi.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Check in for 3/8

Log - No
    Carbs - YES!
    water - no
    Sleep 7 hours - no
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    LEAS86 wrote: »
    Thanks All, My birthday isn't until the 20th but I'm treating myself early. Out for dinner with friends tomorrow...steak and veggies all the way - picked the restaurant specially for it's low carb friendly food and lack of desserts that I like!

@TravellerRay I'll definitely be starting slowly - I currently have the musculature of an un set jelly so certainly not going to go crazy straight out of the gate! Lots of compound moves for me - SL5X5 is squat, deadlift, row, bench and over head press 5 sets of 5 reps (apart from the DL) getting progressively heavier as you work through so hoping to see some rapid improvements.

That sounds like a really good program. Could add some core exercises like the plank and something for your back, I know we were only talking about weights. Good luck
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've made my weigh in days Mondays, so I won't know my stats for this week until the 13th. Other than logging and keeping the carbs under control, I haven't touched any of my other goals. Lady time has been a beast and I've been using all my energy to keep the teeth and claws under control.

I'm not normally this effected by my hormones, could the mega b*tch personality be from my body adjusting to LCHF? March marks the beginning of month 2 of eating this way & I seriously feel like a set of teeth ready to chomp heads off over the littlest thing.
  • StarshipFighter23
    StarshipFighter23 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Antibiotics seem to be working and I can breathe properly again! Did a 45 minute walk in my weighted vest and I'm hoping to do at least the same every day for the rest of the month now.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Oh MAN!
    GO DUKE
    Pulled one out over Louisville
    Jayson Tatum, Luke Kennard!!! D-U-K-E

800 minute Shape Up, Mix-It Up March:
    Today: Zumba 16 minutes, PT Bands 20 minutes, Low Impact 25 minutes

Previously:
    Walking: 19, 20, 70 minutes
    Piloxing: 35 minutes.
    Physical Therapy Resistance Bands: 30, 20 minutes
    Yoga: 40 minutes
    Stationary Recumbent: 20, 20 minutes
    Pilates: 30 minutes
    Zumba: 16 min.
    Low Impact Aerobics: 25min.
    Basic Body Flex Stretches: 15, 10 min.
    Body Resistance Exercises (which I hate)
    PiYo
    Kettlebells- maybe. Depends on the arm
    7 Minute Workout App (android)
    Walk Away the Pounds
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    3/8-9: Carbs and weight good. Strength training yesterday and a trail run today. Collagen taken both days.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Good day today; carbs, cals good; did strength training and a walk.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Fantastic day! I hit all my goals. Being here helps!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    went for my long hike today cause it's Friday but I've drank no water so I'll get on that.

great week for my goals looking forward to amd dreading scale all at the same time lol

yay lori I'm glad to hear!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good run today, 3miles in 38 minutes so not my fastest but good form good breathing; good run.

And home scale says 231.5 which would be a 1.5 lb weight loss in 5 days. And while I'd love that I think I just need to change my scale batteries.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    I had a great day. Stronglift Workout A this morning. I ran around in 5 ft of water playing "your it". For at least 45 minutes. I met my macros and calories.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got in a tough trail run (4/5 for exercise so far this week; just need to do strength today and I will have hit goal!).

Overall I've been eating well/pretty on track lately (although the scale hasn't been reflecting my efforts to get back solidly into maintenance range :tongue: ). However.

Last night DH wanted to do a fire in the fire pit, which meant marshmallows and S'mores for him and the boys. I've always *loved* roasted marshmallows and S'mores ... and I ended up eating 3 marshmallows, plus a bit of the chocolate they had out for the S'mores! For most situations/temptations I've figured out good LC alternates that keep me satisfied/not feeling deprived but I need to figure out one for the fire pit/marshmallows/S'mores situation. Suggestions? I know you can make LC marshmallows but are they roastable? Any other ideas?

On the bright side, despite that extra sugar last night, this morning I had my lowest weight in a month! 131.8, goal range is (I have tweaked this ;)) 128-133 so yay!