Jason's OMAD Journal

Vanguard1
Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
Hello all,
I am retired Army, I slowly see the former me slipping away, time to get it back!! I have practiced IF in the past with good results, I always ended up doing 20:4, so OMAD just makes sense to me. My starting weight was 225, with a goal weight of 190-200 lbs. I started OMAD on 27 February, 2017. I weigh every morning, but my official weigh ins are Monday morning, prior to my shower.
27 Feb 17 - 225.8
06 Feb 17 - 224.2

I am only a little over a week into it, but it has sort of become second nature. I still work out at least 3 times a week in order to retain muscle mass, but do not push myself with heavy weights (for now). Once I hit 190, I plan on ramping the workouts back up and begin to rebuild strength. Thanks for the warm welcome and support I have already received.

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Welcome :)
  • Vanguard1
    edited March 2017
    Thanks
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    27 Feb 17 - 225.8
    06 Feb 17 - 224.2

Did you mean this?
    27 Feb 17 - 225.8
    06 Mar 17 - 224.2

So far so good :)
  • Vanguard1
    Yes I did, thanks! Apparently I can't edit it...
  • Brendalea69
    I think you only have an hour to edit but I knew what you meant
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Welcome!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Glad to see you've started your own discussion thread!
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Welcome, Jason! Keep us posted on how you're doing. You're off to a great start. :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Welcome! I have similar goals as you do (would like to be about 190, currently at 210). Sounds like you've done this a little before.
  • Vanguard1
    10 days in and co workers are saying they can see a difference...nice!
  • leveejohn
    Wow, that's great!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Whoo hoo! Amazing!!
  • Vanguard1
    Yesterday was a little tempting at work. We had a pizza party put on by the boss. I made it through without eating, but had to explain OMAD (no I'm not starving myself) quite a few times. We had a late dinner last night, so when I got home, I snacked on some pretzels and veggie straws before dinner, but hopefully not too much. Overall still doing good, can't wait until Monday to hit that 2 week mark!!
  • Brendalea69
    Good for you not eating the pizza, pizza is my weakness :p When I tell people I'm eating OMAD they think I'm starving myself too LOL, but I don't care what they think...Keep up the good work!!!
  • leveejohn
    I've tried explaining it this way: I've cut back on eating, I only eat 9 meals a week.

They get a funny look as they do the math, but for some reason goes over better than 'one meal a day'
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    leveejohn wrote: »
    I've tried explaining it this way: I've cut back on eating, I only eat 9 meals a week.

They get a funny look as they do the math, but for some reason goes over better than 'one meal a day'

Lol i love this explanation. I'm stealing :)
  • Vanguard1
    I guess this was my "splurge day". I just ate lunch, more for social reasons than anything else. It was a very tough decision, as I wasn't hungry at all, but in the end decided not to take myself so seriously. At least I made good choices in the cafeteria.
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    I guess this was my "splurge day". I just ate lunch, more for social reasons than anything else. It was a very tough decision, as I wasn't hungry at all, but in the end decided not to take myself so seriously. At least I made good choices in the cafeteria.

That's okay...it happens. Just try not to let the unplanned splurge days happen often. Planning a splurge day is great. Accidentally falling into one is not so great. One time isn't going to affect anything, but if you make a habit of it, then you'll be less likely to stick with eating OMAD long term.

The work lunches/parties can be quite a challenge, at least for me. Congrats on getting through your first one without eating pizza! That's big. I moved my "feeding window" (I hate that phrase--sounds like we're livestock or something) to lunch for a work luncheon a few weeks ago and that kept me from having to deal with explaining anything to coworkers. During the luncheon, someone asked someone else why they weren't eating and he said, "You don't want to know." It evoked a gross visual, but I mentally added it to my toolbox for some other time.

@leveejohn I'm stealing yours too!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    edited March 2017
    I haven't had to explain OMAD to anyone yet since I have just started. I am constantly surrounded by surgar since my boss has me supply the kitchen with what looks like a candy store. I know how it feels to be surrounded all day by goodies people bring to work. What has worked for me in the past when I don't want to eat the unhealthy food is that I tell people I have food allergies (which I do) or tell them I'm saving myself for a huge feast I'm having for dinner. I always say something like, "I wish I could have that because it looks delicious" so they don't feel bad if they want to have that slice of cake or piece of pizza. I never want to make people feel bad about what they eat. This usually gets the focus off of me.

Jason you are doing awesome! When we have a slip up the important thing is to not quit! Just get right back on track!