I need some encouragement!

Options
I've been tracking on MFP for about three weeks now and everything is going well.

Today, not so well. I'm tired, I'm sore and I wanna chocolate bar!

I limit myself to 1430 calories per day and I walk 30 minutes per day. I'm ready to ditch this.

Ugh - some words of wisdom would be welcomed!

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    If losing weight was easy, everyone would be doing it. It's hard work, but you've won half the battle by showing up every day. Just stick with it. It WILL pay off.
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Your body might need a day of rest from walking. If you weren't walking before and have been for three weeks, the muscles might need some repair time! Then go find yourself a weightwatchers or a clif bar, something a little healthier than a chocolate candy bar and let yourself have it! I have found in my journeys with changing my eating habits I get to craving it, buy some, but then eat too much, get down on myself and stop altogether, this time, I am letting myself have a healthier "chocolate" snack, recording it and keep going with my life.
    You are on here, there is lots of help here, don't give up!!!! You are worth the time and effort you are putting into yourself!
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sadly I feel the same way today... I think it helps to express the frustration. The chocolate bar will not be the end of the world... it can sometimes be a catalyst to bad behavior. Have it then walk 45 minutes instead of 30.. Everyone is different, but are you sure you are eating enough. I was told my doctor just a few short weeks ago that I am pre-diabetic. The dietician I spoke with stressed CARBS and consistency over calories. Your body is a machine and it will run more efficiently if you feed it consistently and proportionately. I haven't lost a lot, but I do know that 3 weeks is usually about the amount of time it takes for me to get depressed and decide to &&%# it! Like I said I feel the same way today, but with everyones encouragement and the knowledge that even if the scale doesn't move I am way better off continuing I will persevere.
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Like the fellow poster said if you want a chocolate bar have a healthier version. Or if you by golly want a hershey bar and you have to have it then eat it and track it and move on. Walk further, burn more calories.

We didn't gain weight over night and we can't expect to jump in the shower and melt off of us.

Keep doing what your doing, you will get there!!
  • louiesa55
    louiesa55 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    don,t give up. keep on keeping on you will make it. you don't have to give up everything just watch portoion size.
  • sandrahulleman
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I went for my 30 minute walk and have just finished my lunch.

I feel much better having your support. I think there may be a fat free chocolate pudding in my future!!!
  • sandrahulleman
    Options
    Cari,
    You are right. I am celiac and diabetic. I have seen a nurse, a kiniesiologist and a dietitian. The dietitian has stressed counting carbs - 45-60 per meal and 50 for a total for snacks. That along with 1430 calories seems to be doing it for me.

I do feel better regulating my sugars by eating throughout the day. I am back on the wagon!!!

Thanks everyone!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Everyone always quits after three weeks when their hormones jump in.

Stop it.

you are smarter than this.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have had my struggles over the last 16 months, but I can tell you that you will feel SO much better if you can work thru this and stick to working on your new lifestyle.

I always say this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change so have something to satisfy this chocolate craving. There are alot of good alternatives, but if you want a real chocolate bar go for it - but record ir and maybe workout harder to make up for it.

Just know that time is going to pass anyways, so you may as well be doing something with that time... the weight will come off, I can attest to that. Good luck.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Take a deep breathe, realize that this is going to take much, much longer than 3 weeks, eat some damn chocolate, and stop thinking about this as some period of torture in your life and start living and enjoying what you're doing instead. It's going to be challenging. Push through it.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    *HEADDESK*
  • fat2fit33
    Options
    It is not easy trust me there are times I feel the same way. feel free to add me
  • MariposaMendez1997
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You must remember that not one single human on this planet are alike. So our metabolisms are all different. I can walk/jog 2 miles a day and lose 5 pounds in three weeks where as it may take you doing that plus watching your calorie intake. You have to find what works with your body. Look around and see if maybe a Dr. or a nutritionist or fitness expert may give you a bit of free advice as to what may help a person of your age, gender body time and don't forget any health issues. There are many things to factor into losing weight. Don't give up- that's the easiest thing you'll do on this journey. Quiting doesn't take character but continuing does. Praying for you on your journey. God Bless you:flowerforyou:
    *Mariposa*
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking on MFP for about three weeks now and everything is going well.

Today, not so well. I'm tired, I'm sore and I wanna chocolate bar!

I limit myself to 1430 calories per day and I walk 30 minutes per day. I'm ready to ditch this.

Ugh - some words of wisdom would be welcomed!

I eat chocolate fairly often (4-5x week), account for it in my daily calories, and have lost 25 pounds in a month. You can do it too. Two weeks from now you won't remember anything you put in your mouth today. But if you hang with this, you'll have two weeks worth of self-respect, self-control, pride and weight results.
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    you can add me if you'd like, i'm on here quite frequently so i'm constantly giving out encouragement =)
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    Don't quit, you are only beginning, I don't know if I have any words of wisdom, but I do know that if I exercise, I try to do 20-30 minutes a day on the treadmill during the week and 60 minutes on the weekends and a few free weights, drink my 8 glasses of water a day, and try not to eat all of my extra calories (from my exercise) the weight starts to come off. It is slow but sure. Just don't give up!! You can do this!!

Victoria