Riced Cauliflower

Options
mirnmax
mirnmax Posts: 38 Member
Hi Everyone! Thank you for adding me! I joined mfp only 5 short days ago. Until then I had been trying to DASH, from a book that told me I didn't have to count calories...... *sigh* Which, would have worked if I hadn't taken that as a "I can eat as much chicken salad as I want!" Anyway let me not ramble - I have some riced cauliflower - and I've seen folks making pizza crusts, bread sticks, tortillas but I tried the pizza thing and wasn't a fan, it was limp and soggy. :( I've made cauliflower fried rice - that turned out great; but now kids are afraid to eat rice for fear it's cauliflower! lol I've heard blips of cauliflower tater tots, anyone have a recipe? But what would you do with it?!?! I love trying new things!! Thanks! Oh and Happy Friday!!!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I just saute mine in a bit of butter and melt cheese on it...YUM!
  • ristinadurivage
    ristinadurivage Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For pizza crust, you normally have to flip it half way through and you need to really wring the water out of the cauliflower rice. It needs to be really dry before mixing it with other stuff. A lot of times I too lazy make it so I do another recipe. It's 2 tbsp coconut flour and 3 eggs mixed with whatever spices you want. Then make like and omelette on the stove. The thinner the better though.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    For pizza crust, you normally have to flip it half way through and you need to really wring the water out of the cauliflower rice. It needs to be really dry before mixing it with other stuff. A lot of times I too lazy make it so I do another recipe. It's 2 tbsp coconut flour and 3 eggs mixed with whatever spices you want. Then make like and omelette on the stove. The thinner the better though.

I can't stress the wringing out part enough. If you do this right, it counts as part of your daily work out.

I tend to make these in personal size which makes them easier to flip half-way through. If you make them larger, flipping can be difficult because they just are not sturdy enough.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like to "mash" it in my food processor and add all the goodies (butter, sour cream, cheese). You could also use as a substitute for pasta with recipes that have yummy cream sauces.

Also, google fathead pizza. The crust is made from cheese and almond flour. I like it much better than cauliflower crust.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options

Also, google fathead pizza. The crust is made from cheese and almond flour. I like it much better than cauliflower crust.

Seconding the fathead pizza recommendation. Your kids won't even know it's low carb stuff.....

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »

Seconding the fathead pizza recommendation. Your kids won't even know it's low carb stuff.....

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/

I third this!! I tried the cauliflower crust and my boyfriend and I hated it! But Fathead is AMAZING!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I stir-fry it with coconut oil, cabbage and sliced Brussel sprouts with melted cheese on top :yum:

Edit to say I stir-fry raw cauliflower finely diced up.
  • ricmac68
    ricmac68 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today I mixed 2 ounces of almond flour with 5 ounces cooked cauliflower, eggs and some cheese as my crust base. Very good held up well in my pizza.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love to use it to make mashed cauliflower like mashed potatoes!!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower mash, so tasty! I wholeheartedly recommend you trying it out.