Can't find a good source of fiber! HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Insightful as the norm. processed "funny fiber" additives (cellulose, corn starch fiber....). Yea...No, on that stuff : )
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    fatblatta wrote: »
    Insightful as the norm. processed "funny fiber" additives (cellulose, corn starch fiber....). Yea...No, on that stuff : )

I'm not really knocking the sawdust in cellulose: termites seem to like it.. It's the fact that corn tends to horn in there, too. :s
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I have not had plumbing issues. That may be TMI for everyone. I ignore the fiber column on MFP, but I did install the script to do the subtraction for me to computer net carbs.

Leafy greens cooked with a little bacon grease in the pot are amazingly good, and the net carbs are low due to the fiber content. My fondness for them might explain the "no plumbing issues." I will have a cup with supper and then have another cup with bacon and eggs for breakfast. mmm...
  • suzc11
    suzc11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just sometimes - maybe once a week - I'm feel a bit like I want/need something high fibre. Chia seeds are always on the soak in our house so it's a bit of that with my favourite ground flaxseed concoction on the top, a few berries or nuts and some cream and it's a great pudding that reminds me of eating cereal!
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Flax seed meal has fiber and other goodies for health..
    You can also make awesome 1 minute muffins with it!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Lots of info here. I had been doing a lot of Nutritional Yeast Flakes for fiber but stopped two weeks ago when I added Poly MVA as a supplement. It seems Poly MVA may attach to fiber and exit the back door instead of making it into the blood stream. At $25 an Ounce that is a No No. I am getting positive results from taking Poly MVA and no negative results from cutting my fiber intake it seems.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Extensive personal research has proven wine to be an excellent method of ensuring things keep moving.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Don't forget how delicious avocados are. High fat, high fiber, and about the tastiest thing you can put into your face-hole with salt, pepper, and a little apple cider vinegar.