Shape change?

Options
Heirgreat
Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
Anyone in ketosis notice areas of more rapid fat loss? Such as abdomen or arm fat loss- have any before/after pics?

Replies

• motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    According to co-workers, family, and friends..... my face is what they all noticed a change in first, more than anything. I guess it makes sense -since that's what everyone looks at first, right?? It just kind of hit me by surprise because I never realized that I had a fat face lol.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Someone at a social gathering sort of open-endedly half-asked, after I'd been into it for several weeks, if I were feeling better.

I explained that I'd been dehydrated since overthrowing my previous diet but had only recently pardoned salt and some other political prisoners.

She replied, "I didn't think it was anything serious, but one hesitates to ask when someone our age loses a lot of weight quickly."

(I think this may have been intended as a compliment....)

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I seem to have trimmed down the face/neck a lot. I have lost 4 inches on the waist.
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I track weight and measurements. I noticed the loss of my fat face and have tracked the loss of inches off my stomach. However mentally all I see is the fat that I still have to lose. Today I am wearing a shirt that I could not get into 2 months ago. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I started out without about 35 lbs to lose. At the point I had lost about the first 10, I was feeling a little disappointed because I couldn't get into my smaller shorts yet. Luckily I had taken measurements when I started because I lost many inches from all over with the largest drop around my rib cage. I even lost half an inch just on my neck! I hadn't noticed I was clasping my bras on the smallest hook and they were no longer being stretched out and giving me back rolls! Lol
    But I had only lost maybe a half inch on my waist which wasn't enough to fit smaller shorts yet.
    A couple months later, my scale weight loss stalled out around 140 lbs. 10-15 away from the goal I chose. At that weight, I was where I had been years earlier when I lost weight on CICO and exercise. The smallest size I had ever gotten to back then was a tight size 8 (I was really a 10 ;) ) on keto, at the same weight, I was truly a size 8. Then I struggled with that stall and honestly, it's been over a year now. I still haven't lost anymore weight, but I've continued losing fat.
    Now I'm a true size 6 at the same weight I was wearing 8's last year and 10's years ago. In my experience, on keto, you can lose more fat, but not necessarily more weight.
    qcsbcusx3rlf.jpg
  • StarshipFighter23
    StarshipFighter23 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Someone at a social gathering sort of open-endedly half-asked, after I'd been into it for several weeks, if I were feeling better.

I explained that I'd been dehydrated since overthrowing my previous diet but had only recently pardoned salt and some other political prisoners.

She replied, "I didn't think it was anything serious, but one hesitates to ask when someone our age loses a lot of weight quickly."

I've been asked recently, whilst being 40lb lighter but suffering a bad cough, whether I had been checked out for cancer due to the rapidity of the weight loss!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

I've been asked recently, whilst being 40lb lighter but suffering a bad cough, whether I had been checked out for cancer due to the rapidity of the weight loss!

I try to remind myself to be glad that people are expressing relief that I'm ok, but it's still mildly disturbing to hear what they'd been imagining....

Fast weight loss shouldn't be a goal in itself - the obsessive attitude that accompanies it isn't what's needed for max benefit in the long run.