One month from 16:8 to omad

eblyth00
eblyth00 Posts: 131 Member
I posted this in the if group as well but now that I'm going omad thought I would post here as well.
I am one month into my journey I started with 16:8. I did 16:8 for 2 weeks at the time I realized I wasn't hungry when it came time for my 8 hour eating window so I decided I would push it back and go to 20:4. I did that for one week once again no hunger when it was time to start eating. So I decided to go omad. I just completed a week of omad. Now I'm still not hungry when it comes time to eat, but I eat a large plate full anyway. Once I start my appetite comes right back and it is easy to eat my plate but am also completely satisfied. I may begin to incorporate 48 hour water fast in with omad as well, time will tell.
If/omad is changing my life, for the first time I feel like I am in complete control of my life. I am not a slave to food or the circumstances of my life. If I'm not happy with something I change it. I have the energy and focus to truly work on the betterment of myself, of my life. It is the greatest change I have ever felt.
I am a male 29 starting Weight 300lbs. One month in I have lost 20 lbs. Down to 280. When I started my fasting blood sugar 98 it's down to 79. My 2 hour post meal sugar was at 140 it's down to 115. Blood pressure was at 135/86, now its 121/76. I guess they must be right IF/omad must be horrible for us

Replies

• KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Wow!! Now those are results to be proud of! I'm so happy for your success. And I feel the same way...OMAD has helped me gain control of my life as well. There are so many supportive members in this group. Welcome and I look forward to your journey.
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Welcome to the group! I had about the same path to get her, 16:8 naturally transformed to 20:4, OMAD was the next step.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Excellent!! Keep the posts coming!
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Awesome! You're doing so great!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yah OMAD is so horrible :p but your numbers prove otherwise!!! You're doing AWESOME :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    @eblyth00
    Nice! Way to go. Besides losing some weight, I also got my blood pressure under control (14x/9x to 115/75 last time measured) and fasted blood sugar under 100 so has been good for me also!
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Wow fantastic!! I felt exactly the same. You are in control and not always thinking about what to eat next. Keep up the great momentum
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    eblyth00 wrote: »
    Oh I'm also down 4 inches on my waist!

That's the best part!!!! The inches!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    kabrigail wrote: »
    Oh yes, when someone says, "eating once a day is so unhealthy!" I say, "my high blood pressure through the roof and being pre-diabetic was so unhealthy." Now, I'm 50 pounds lighter and my blood pressure is normal and I am not pre-diabetic. So I think this will work for me.

People are scared of things they don't understand