Exhausted!

Options
keeponkickin
keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
Hi Ladies,

Been ages since I've posted. Going to be 50 next month and perimenopause is kicking my *kitten*. Periods are hit and miss, sleep isn't good, I feel hot and then cold (no sweating though), I'm foggy headed, but the biggest thing is the crushing exhaustion and the feeling of dread. God please tell me this gets better. I feel like a shell of the womanI once was. I have nobody personally to talk to about this.

I could also use some mfp buddies. Friend me :smile: -

Replies

• megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I went from being able to sleep like a baby through the night to god awful sleep ability during the early stages of menopause. Now, I am back to sleeping almost through the night (usually wake up once to go to the bathroom.) Yes, I was foggy and felt like I was brain dead for a while. It took me maybe a year to adjust and then another year to get to better sleep patterns. I noticed in that time that i slept better on the days I had a workout in the morning. For some reason, it seemed to make a huge difference in the entire day - more energy and focus all day plus a better nights sleep. Even on my official "rest days" i will take a relaxing walk or ride on the bike. It does get better, but will take a bit of time. I also sent you a friend request.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How's the fatigue doing??
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Hi, @keeponkickin . This is the first I've seen of your post and I'm wondering how you're doing too? Peri has definitely caught me off guard with its countless issues, so I sympathize. But I will say, the exhaustion & dread sound concerning to me, as there are other health issues that could be going on there. Hope you are in regular contact with your doctor!

I'd love to hear your weight loss story- you look great! :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!, I am lucky to get 4 hours sleep a night. the fog I am used to. no sweats as I am already sweaty all the time, used to that.not many periods for almost 46 years old. maybe half day.but the WORST ANXIETY in the world, and I have never had any my whole life!, it is shattering!, I do believe that exercise is key for me!I try to burn 1000 calories a day even if it is just walking. but I like to try new things each and every day.I take one day at a time. I have a good day then a bad day. I am here any time if you message me I reply right away. I know those feelings of dread, so very scary!, and I thought I had the perfect life!, it comes on fast and hard!