LCHF Has Ruined Me!

Options
Before getting back on the MFP bandwagon and going LCHF, I belonged to a local TOPS chapter. They are a great bunch of ladies (and a few gentlemen).

I'm friends with a few of them on Facebook and they love, and I mean LOVE, to post those food/cooking videos. I watch them and think "oh, the carbs!" They look delicious but I can't get past how much sugar and processed foods are in a lot of them.

Replies

• caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    no it didn't. It educated you on how to fuel your body. I don't waste calories on a 300 calories poptart when I can occasionally have a piece of moist chocolate cake. I think that you should change your misleading headline. FYI TOPS and all corporations are in business a make a profit, not to get you to loose weight. To me, weight watchers seemed obsessed with food. I quit going.
  • abowman0870
    abowman0870 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. But something I've learned living in a houseful of carb eaters- there are so many recipes that can be modified to stick to LC. Still, glad you are staying strong.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Now I'm just sort of "Meh" or saying to myself, "We just ate. Why are we eating again? ". It's not that I don't eat, I just don't need all the stuff all the time and food/eating no longer a 24/7 focus that requires that much attention (due to cutting the carbs).

I am the same way! I used to think about food all the time, my tv on Food Network 24/7 and now i can barely get thru the show. Food does not interest me the same way. Now don't get me wrong I still ENJOY food but not in the same way, like as a PLEASURE. does that make sense? LOL
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I have never had anything open my eyes like LCHF about how the way I was eating was killing me. Maybe I did have death wish like Bob Beck talks about.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I want to spread the message to the world.....Everytime I see/hear my office mates eating these carb filled snacks I have to bite my tongue. I do talk about my success, but I refrain from telling others what to put in their mouth....
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL Yes. Food is not such a large source of pleasure anymore. It's not that LCHF food is not great and tasty, but I just don't think about as much as I used to.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Nah. I still love watching food shows, thinking of recipes or planning meals and where we'll eat when we go on vacation or out. Only difference is those meals and recipes and eating spots feature a lot more fat snd meat these days.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I love food shows too, and get a great ewwwiiiieeee feeling at some programs at others my brain is trying to make the recipes low carb high fat. I love food, I love eating, that will not change.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like I spend MORE time thinking or planning food now... carbs are cheap, plentiful and everywhere. Abundant LC choices when you are on the run, not always. Back to the OP, yes, I am constantly blown away at mainstream food and what I used to eat and define as healthy or yummy! Those Tasty videos that float around facebook... holy cow!!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    "ruined"

I think you misspelled "redeemed" ;)

Oh, GOOD catch @Just_Eric ...and I second that sentiment completely!! ;)
  • cr8ivewonder
    cr8ivewonder Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! My mum has struggled with her weight, which means we, as kids, did too. Going to my mum's now, and seeing all the LF items in her fridge, and watching her eat all this sugar laden stuff, while complaining about not losing weight-makes we want to shake her.