Might have to cancle my Gastric Sleeve surgery

Options

Replies

• faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you've got this! Avoiding invasive surgery and taking matters into your own hands ... total win. <3
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    This is seriously awesome! Congratulations!!!
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats! Keep it up.

How many grams of carbs did you achieve this at? I'm in a simular situation and this is very inspiring.
  • abowman0870
    abowman0870 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing such a joyous story. Congratulations!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Fab, you're doing amazingly!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Good for you, keep going with this healthy lifestyle you've adopted, it's clearly working for you (and us).
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Aquawave wrote: »
    In my opinion, only a quack would recommend surgery at 225 pounds. Keto on! You are doing fantastic!

I was 275 (5'4) when I was first referred
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Keep going and if you can avoid the surgery, by all means it seems that this should be your route. This is so good to read!
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! That's totally awesome!! I really wish that doctors would recommend at least trying a Ketogenic diet for a few months before any type of weight related, and/or sleep apnea related, surgery. They wanted to do 2 surgeries on me for my sleep apnea -remove my tonsils & fix a deviated septum. Turns out that keto was really all I needed. Glad I never did the surgeries. I was really thinking about doing it still -up until just a few weeks ago. Everyone is different though. Regardless, I hope you hit your target weight with Keto!! Keep up the good work!!
  • Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    I got sucked into an episode of my 600 lb life where someone weighing about 675 was told by the doc to lose 50 lbs in the next 30 days by eating 0 carb before he would consider doing the surgery. She lost more than that. I had to watch another episode just to see if this was normal, and sure enough the same thing happened. At least that doc gets it.

Wow that's cool. I don't think I've ever watched that show. I'll have to check that out & look for that episode. You got me interested now.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Yes @cstehansen is right! Dr. Now does have all pre-gastric patients do a no-to low carb diet 30 days prior to surgery. Mostly to get them used to eating LOTS more protein which their body will need to function once they have the surgery. There was one patient who had the surgery and lost tons of weight but got very ill because she didnt like eating soo much meat and wanted to eat carbs. Well with the sleeve, your body does not process food the same and she was very malnourished, she had to get hospitalized. It's by no means an "easy way out". It should only be used in extreme cases where all other methods have been tried and failed imo
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    @Scochrane86 Did you have your appointment with your dr yesterday? What did they say?