Starving

Options
dulcitonia
dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
Ive been at the strength training with a trainer for 3 weeks. I lost a lot of weight many years ago but I've been pretty out of shape for someone in normal weight range. My problem... I haven't changed my diet but I have been hungry for 3weeks! I'm eating way too many calories now and know this is not good long term. Anyone have this something similar? I know strength training increases metabolism but I'm wanting to eat way too much :( .

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Change the types of food you are eating? Sometimes playing with your macros a bit helps. Some people feel more satiated with more protein, other like more fat or carbs. Open your diary for more specific advice.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more protein and less carbs. Protein will satisfied you more and you won't eat over your calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    make sure you're eating enough fat, protein and fibre to keep you full
  • dulcitonia
    Options
    I'm a low-er carber for 5 years.
    I was hoping to hear that appetite happens in the beginning of training but gets better... Wishful thinking. Thank you all for the input.
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes, I exeperienced this for 3 or 4 weeks when I began strength training but then it abated. I already eat protein with every meal and minimal carbs. I have also recently increased my fibre. In the am I have a smoothie with fat-free, lactose-free greek yogurt, frozen berries and 2 tbsp ground flax seed. In the afternoon, I have a Leanfit vegan protein shake (I am not vegan but lactose intolerant) and I add extra psylium fibre. The extra fibre seems to also help and then, of course lots and lots of water :-) If I crave a treat, I make warm chocolate "pudding" with cocoa, glucomannan, almond milk and stevia - very high fibre and low carb - topped with the fat-free, lactose-free greek yogurt to add some protein. All of this sends my fibre intake through the roof but also makes me feel full :-)
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I throw in some ground hemp seen instead of flax.
  • dulcitonia
    Options
    I am a little over a month on a training g program and I think it's getting better. Yours gettin better around same time is reassuring..
    :)