4 weeks in and fighting the urge to eat chocolate

Options
GillianSmith2
GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
I am 4 weeks in to this WOE and have found it quite an easy transition, managing to do less than 20g carbs a day 16 hour and then 24 hour fasts. Today however i am soooo hungry and all i want is a cadburys cream egg. I keep snacking on the things i should just to take the edge away but the urge just wont go away. I will NOT give in to temptation as that is not my style but just needed to vent :)

Replies

• BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    stay strong! i actually enjoy 85-90% chocolate now. today i bought 100% for the hell of it, so i'll eat it at home so i don't make faces at work.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

I also will have a square of 85% or higher on occasion. But I try to make it a rare thing as it's easy for it to start to be daily and become cravable.
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    i cant stand dark chocolate and to be honest im not really a chocolate fan so its strange that i want it, i made a batch of fat bombs instead and have had one of them. Results :smiley:
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I use cocoa powder stirred into yogurt. You could try greek yogurt or straight whipping cream? plus stevia if you can budget a few carbs it might work for you.
  • abowman0870
    abowman0870 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Some sweet member of my family bought Robin's Eggs and left them in a not so good hiding spot. I snatched one and basically swallowed it whole. :#
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    yeah, i'm knocking it back down to 90%. chocolate should never give its full 100%
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    yeah I get odd cravings for gummy bears and I have no idea why.
  • Syleyna
    Syleyna Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I usually start craving strawberry jam. I never eat jam when I'm not dieting, but as soon as I can't have it my mind won't stop thinking about it.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I heard that if you are craving chocolate, you might be low in magnesium but guess what else is loaded with magnesium and keto friendly? Avocados! Maybe try eating some to see if it takes away the craving :)
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    ohhhh i tried avocado and it went straight in the bin, I dont know how everyone can eat it :(
    Luckily the fat bomb worked :) and today i have just had some nice green veggies for lunch so hope it all helps. I am feeling back to normal today as well
  • KayeArlana
    KayeArlana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've recently found Lily's Dark Baking Chips (no sugar added/sweetened with stevia and erythritol). If is works with your plan I would try them. They have been a life saver for me. I was hesitant to try them because I am super sensitive to the unpleasant taste of stevia and try to avoid anything that has it, but I've found the stevia-erythritol combo doesn't have it. You can get them on amazon.com or netrition.com (netrition is cheaper even paying for shipping).
    I had been desperate for something chocolate and regular dark chocolate has never hit the spot with me and cocoa concoctions just kind of made me feel sad inside so when I ran across it I figured I didn't have anything to lose. I've used it to make things like chocolate-covered almonds and a trail mix with nuts and no-sugar added coconut chips. Cant wait to try using them for some low-carb baking.

0x2h232jzhp1.png
    rmmhhtaf5ue1.png
    5lj1uqm5dvk8.png

• vidaliababy
    vidaliababy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has an AMAZING chocolate called Simple I believe, 4 squares are only 2 grams of net carbs :) it's unbelievable and it satisfies my chocolate cravings :)
  • vidaliababy
    vidaliababy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ITS ALSO SOOOO MUCH CHEAPER THAN LILYS!!!! Wooooo!
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You can have a little of something you really want. It won't hurt you. I little is not a 2-pound bag of the stuff. This is another of the great secrets to long-term weight loss.

Cheers
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    ohhhh i tried avocado and it went straight in the bin, I dont know how everyone can eat it :(
    Luckily the fat bomb worked :) and today i have just had some nice green veggies for lunch so hope it all helps. I am feeling back to normal today as well

I'm NOT a fan of avocado myself (yes, I know, heresy)...this is why you MIX them with other things, like into the filling of deviled eggs or with your favorite may to make CA BLT, or as guacamole.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

Pureed avocado with cocoa and stevia is a pretty good dessert. ;)