Getting VSG looking for friends

Options
Hey all, I'm getting the VSG on March 14, I'd love to make more friends who have had it too or are going to :)

Replies

• StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place for advice, tips, support and everything else! Sending a friend request!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Also sending a friend request. Had gastric bypass on 4/18/16. Good luck..1 week to go!
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I am hoping to get the sleeve at the end of April.
  • professor700
    professor700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You'll do great!
  • professor700
    professor700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved March 3
  • peachie113
    peachie113 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm working towards mine. I have to be at my job a year and it's nearly all paid for. I'll be having mine in August!
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    add me I was sleeved 9/15/15 lost 180#
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. This weight loss group here on MFP are great. I was sleeved 2/02/2015, I'm at my goal and maintaining. I don't have all the answers and can't say that I did everything right but I can share with you my experience.
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sending good vibes. This group has been a big help to me.
  • psujewels
    psujewels Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 3/6/17
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    psujewels wrote: »
    I was sleeved on 3/6/17

Awesome! How are you feeling?
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sleeved 10/5/2016
  • rosebudk627
    rosebudk627 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 2/13 and am looking for friends here!
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was sleeved 2/22.
  • babycakes8908
    babycakes8908 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm getting the VSG on March 14, I'd love to make more friends who have had it too or are going to :)

Hey! That's the same day I was sleeved! Feel free to add me.
  • lizloves2laugh
    lizloves2laugh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Having the hardest time getting down 3 protein shakes per day, much less any additional liquid. :(
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Having the hardest time getting down 3 protein shakes per day, much less any additional liquid. :(

WOW! Three protein shakes? This early? My surgeon told me not to worry so much about getting protein or nutrients the first few weeks and to concentrate on getting enough fluids.
  • lizloves2laugh
    lizloves2laugh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol. Surgery was Tuesday, 3 days of clear liquids then 2 weeks of full liquids. Idk those are my instructions. On the full liquids they said at least 60 to 70g of protein per day. It's hard.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Liz, that is similar to my experience. I just went back to my MFP diary from the immediate post- surgery time and I proteins hakes and soups for the first two weeks. When I went for my 2 week follow up, my surgeon authorized my first egg and I got to skip pureed food and go right to mushy.

What a trip reviewing the diary! I can remember some of the soup flavors and the cartons they came in! Blast from the past!

There is so much variation between programs. My official program had me expecting two weeks of puree, but the surgeon said i was progressing well so it was OK to try some mushy and progress if it agreed with my sleeve. Best egg I ever had! Follow your program and it will all get there in time. I honestly don't remember much of the first month, so it wasn't that bad.

Rob
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was to try to get 3 shakes from my first day home. I was able to by day 3. Give it time and it's comforting to remember they count as liquid ozs!