Loss of appitite whe upset

Options
Am I the only one who loses her appetite when upset. I react too stress with a very upset stomach and eating is the last thing on my mind.

Replies

• scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Nope, I lose my appetite for over so many things... Upset, angry, sick, overwhelmed, almost anything can steal my appetite.
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    When I am bored I eat more - but yes when I am upset, or as I am discovering - sick, I have a hard time eating anything. I am learning to just keep nibbling to get the calories in.
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I tend to not eat when I am super stressed and upset. Now bored, that's a different game altogether. However, it must be the body's reaction chemically for me when stressed not to eat. I always reason because whatever is upsetting is bigger than my appetite.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Our emotions can play a huge part in our eating. Some under stress will tend to overeat, while others tend to be sick to their stomachs. Its normal:)
    It is important to recognize your triggers for stress and try to find ways to combat it. (I know easier said than done!!:)) And if you find eating takes a back seat to stress, keep an eye on how many days go by where this is an issue. If its one or two days, not too much to concern yourself with..but if it extends beyond that point, then you may need to find some ways to deal with your stress levels so it doesn't get to the point where you don't eat.

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Emotion is a massive trigger either for over or under eating.
    Try to go back and see if there was anyway you could deal with these emotions differently to try and keep things on a more even keel so as not to have the swings of highs and lows.
    We all become upset at things occasionally but if this is happening often in your life, it could start a spiral of self destruction in terms of your long term goals.
    We are here for support if you want to discuss things.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL