Realistic Expectations & Reasonable Effort

Options
chandraminick
chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
Having realistic expectations and putting reasonable effort into this program is what is going to make you successful. This program is not a cake walk, and we are not all going to drop a bunch of weight and a lot of inches two weeks into the program like the results we are reading about on the internet. The key to being successful with this program is to focus on getting stronger and fitter instead of dropping weight. The first time I did the program, I lost 17 pounds, and the remainder of the 40 lbs did not come off until after I finished the next thirty days of the program. By the time I had done the program for 60 days, it did not get any easier. I just got better at doing the exercises more efficiently and properly as well as disciplining my mind so that I could focus on what needed done. If you are struggling with something, ask someone for help instead of giving up.

Replies

• lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do a push up that doesn't look like an elephant with my but in the air. To lose 5 pounds would be nice but to maintain the lose I have from the amazing race would also be good. Did you want us to post an unrealistic goal? My shoot to the moon goal is to fit back into my size 7 jeans and workout 25 days in the next month.
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Since I'm using the YouTube version, I only see a level 1 workout and level 2 workout. Are the dvd's different? I definitely need to lose weight, but I want to be stronger and healthier more than anything! I'm having a heart cath done Tuesday and currently on high bp meds, my goal is to no longer need meds and to complete workouts in their entirety without modifications!
  • chandraminick
    Options
    dino1147 wrote: »
    Since I'm using the YouTube version, I only see a level 1 workout and level 2 workout. Are the dvd's different? I definitely need to lose weight, but I want to be stronger and healthier more than anything! I'm having a heart cath done Tuesday and currently on high bp meds, my goal is to no longer need meds and to complete workouts in their entirety without modifications!

When I was on YouTube a couple years back, level three wasn't on there then either. I got the complete workout on ebay for less than ten bucks. Yes, all three levels have different exercises. The only thing that is the same is that there is a warmup, three minutes of strength exercises, two minutes of cardio and a minute of abs in all three levels with a short stretch afterwards. I was still modifying and having difficulty keeping up with all the cardio 60/days after I started, so if you can't keep up with the girls in the video, don't worry about it. Just try to be better than YOU were before and don't fall into the trap of trying to keep up with them, because they are professionals.
  • roundcanuck
    roundcanuck Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    dino1147 wrote: »

I'll be doing it via YouTube also. I've managed to find all of the Shred videos on YouTube, 1, 2 & 3 ( it was a bit harder to find 3 though). I've included the link I've found for you if you still are looking: https://youtube.com/watch?v=4-GXC4HppzE
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    My goal is to look good in one of those shirts with part of an open back. That fat roll has to go. I have a picture of a before. I should of taken the picture before I bought the shirt.
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My goal is to find some breathing room in my pants! Also, to eventually do an actual lunge, an actual squat, and actually jump during jumping jacks and jump rope cardio segments.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    joannezuk wrote: »
    My goal is to find some breathing room in my pants! Also, to eventually do an actual lunge, an actual squat, and actually jump during jumping jacks and jump rope cardio segments.

One of the things I liked about this program is that it allowed me to to gradually get stronger in those areas too. Aside from the weight loss, there are so many benefits to a picking with this program for an extended period of time.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    @joannezuk great goals! love them
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing some weight loss and hoping to gain some core strength, I've really lost a lot the past few years.