Keto Confessions

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    If anyone can recommend a coconut oil that doesn't make every single food item it touches taste like coconut, please let me in on the secret. The flavor of coconut is okay for some things like certain chicken recipes. But wrecking havoc in my tomato sauce or my coffee, eee-yuck!!! My first (and last) jar of coconut oil wound up doing duty as hair masque and cuticle oil and even then I didn't care for the scent.

Refined coconut oil is flavorless or you could use MCT oil
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I tried avocados a couple weeks ago. Yuck lol. I could eat it if it was blended into something, but then I thought, what's the point?

Just about the only 'added fat' change I've done for the HF side of LCHF was switching from half-n-half (10%) in my coffee to full fat (35%) cream. I think my diet was already kind of 'HF' even before I went 'LC'...
  • Cryren8972
    Cryren8972 Posts: 142 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm not a big avocado fan either....I love it in guacamole, but that's about it.
    There was a time when I would eat it on an everything bagel...that was actually pretty delicious too, but I haven't found a low carb equivalent.
    My son can cut one in half, sprinkle it with salt, and eat it like that. I wish I could....
    Conversely, I'm one of those people that thinks cilantro tastes like soap. However, I love it with lime. LOL
  • Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Confession, I eat Natural Peanut butter with a TBSP measure right from the JAR. Also Coconut Manna too. I also Love the saltiness of melted butter.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I love eggs but can't stand the egginess of keto mug bread, I love veggies but hate veggie tacos or stuff bell peppers. I hate fake sugar and would rather just not have sweets than use stevia.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Cryren8972 wrote: »
    Conversely, I'm one of those people that thinks cilantro tastes like soap.

Me and one of my sisters, too! It tastes absolutely horrible. I love Mexican food and it can be hard to go out for Mexican without encountering it.

• Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Confession, I eat Natural Peanut butter with a TBSP measure right from the JAR. Also Coconut Manna too. I also Love the saltiness of melted butter.

Heck yes! this is my after dinner dessert haha
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I hate cream cheese, avocados and macadamia nuts. Fortunately, I never have to eat these. I also can't eat eggs. I like the flavor but they upset my stomach. So if they are part of a recipe, they won't bother me, but by themselves...bleeeccchhhh.

But I can eat butter, coconut oil (refined), high fat meats, several cheeses. My current favorite is to make an Alfredo sauce and put it on almost anything (but haven't tried it on spaghetti squash yet).

There are lots of ways to get in the fat we need without eating anything we dislike. I love bacon but there is only so much I can eat. Anytime I eat the same thing too often, I get sick of it. So I have bacon maybe 3 times a week. And I never eat more than 2 pieces.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I don't like avocados. I do like carbs. I know they aren't good for me and they wreck all sorts of havoc on my body but I like 'em. They taste good. I actually find it easier in a way that I CAN'T have many of them. Or, at least, I can, but I remind myself of the consequences.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    homemade alfredo is THE BEST...ditto for hollandaise...
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I smelled the white bread when I made my kids a pb&j for lunch. I mean really smelled it.
    Didn't eat it, but it smelled wonderful.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    For me it is eggs. They are okay at best. Sort of like oatmeal - it's all about what you put on them that makes it good.

I haven't had eggs since.... October I think. LOL

And olives. Meh. Not overly fond of pickles either.

I don't really like cauliflower (rice or whatever) as a stand it for potatoes. It just seems wrong. LOL

And I tried to eat my meat less well done so I could get the benefit of more vitamins and such. I still just can't do rare.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OH...I forgot about green olives. I can't stand green olives plain by themselves, but I will tolerate them if they are combined with something else. The recipe for Christmas vegetable salad and the recipe for Cheddar Olive balls (a savory cookie) come to mind. I don't care for the various different kinds of olives used in Greek or Mediterranean cooking either (Kalamata olives?).

Now black olives are an entirely different story. I absolutely adore black olives...go figure! lol
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I could live on eggs. Eggs and avocados. Yummmmm.

Really, a low carb way of eating has everything I need. I miss home made bread. So I try to make room for it occasionally. I've totally done what you did @food_lover16. Lol
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I can eat olives of any color like nobody's business.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I can eat olives of any color like nobody's business.

For me, that's nuts. I could happily live on nuts and coconut.
  • cindy1470
    cindy1470 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wish there were foods I didn't like! Put some truffle salt on that avocado and I'll eat the whole thing!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Cryren8972 wrote: »
    I'm not a big avocado fan either....I love it in guacamole, but that's about it.
    There was a time when I would eat it on an everything bagel...that was actually pretty delicious too, but I haven't found a low carb equivalent.
    My son can cut one in half, sprinkle it with salt, and eat it like that. I wish I could....
    Conversely, I'm one of those people that thinks cilantro tastes like soap. However, I love it with lime. LOL

The cilantro/soap thing is actually a marker on one of your genes.... Found that out on 23andMe. I never knew that before and couldn't figure out why cilantro is such a 'love it' or 'hate it' thing. Now it makes sense.