April Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• gdneff
    gdneff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    thank you @Mjtckwnow and everyone else for the great ideas and information. I am going to do what I can and try and get myself in gear this month. Thanks so much.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    gdneff wrote: »
    thank you @Mjtckwnow and everyone else for the great ideas and information. I am going to do what I can and try and get myself in gear this month. Thanks so much.

You are already doing great with your weight loss, you've lost 36% of your total challenge goal :)

• hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yay for April Challenge! This week I've been slacking a bit and having a new challenge to start is very motivating! Looking forward to getting stronger and looking good in my Little Black Dress :smiley:
  • Lapoof420
    Lapoof420 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Very excited for the free wieght challenge! I've been trying to build upper body strength and my boyfriend got out his weights for me to use.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    POSTING DAY 1 WORKOUT FOR SATURDAY, APRIL 1ST:

LBD CHALLENGE:
    30 SECOND PLANK, 10 PRESS (PUSH) UPS, 10 MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS

FREE WEIGHT CHALLENGE:
    15 BENT OVER OVER ROWS
  • hannahhooter
    Options
    Wanting everyone's advice/thoughts on the amount of sets for this challenge...I know I always tried to do 3 sets for March challenge, but even in the last week the rep #s weren't super high.

Part of me wants to say "YEAH! I'll do 3 sets of everything everyday!" But I also don't want to get too burnt out and am wondering if this seems realistic?

Would love to hear others thoughts.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had the same thoughts. I am planning to do 3 sets of each as long as my old body can handle it. March's challenge helped me to feel stronger so I am putting my faith in this challenge and you ladies.
  • Mjtckwnow
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wanting everyone's advice/thoughts on the amount of sets for this challenge...I know I always tried to do 3 sets for March challenge, but even in the last week the rep #s weren't super high.

Part of me wants to say "YEAH! I'll do 3 sets of everything everyday!" But I also don't want to get too burnt out and am wondering if this seems realistic?

Would love to hear others thoughts.

My plan is to do 3 sets while the numbers are low to keep my workouts similar to how our last challenge ended. But once it exceeds that then scale down to 1 set. This LBD challenge uses much higher reps than the last challenge. Plus I'm doing both challenges so it will be more.

You can definitely do three sets for the 1st week after doing the March challenge so do that and then evaluate as go on when to scale down to 1 set.
  • trinitymwilson
    trinitymwilson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My advice is to take it one day at a time. Go by how you feel that day.

I've been fit and very unfit. I just got back into fitness after having my daughter almost 8 months ago.

if you put too much pressure on yourself you might develop a negative association to doing it.

aim for consistency everyday instead of 3 sets if you're new to working out. This approach i have found to be very successful for me the last two months I've been working out.

if you know you can achieve 3 sets every day then go for it!

Good luck
  • trinitymwilson
    trinitymwilson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What I mean by consistency is to just do the workout one set and done. it is achievable and will build confidence to keep going.
    hope this is helpful
  • tcullom
    tcullom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    New to the group but excited to jump in full force! Cant wait to do these work outs! Day one = tomorrow. Lets get it!
  • LauraS92mfp
    LauraS92mfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lbd for me
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    @Hanna...I'm going to stick with 3 sets throughout and maybe you can start off that way and modify as needed. What Trinity said is correct.
  • Lapoof420
    Lapoof420 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete: 20 rows
  • hannahhooter
    Options
    33ee61q7ebjx.jpg

I decided to do both challenges and am going to try to stay at 3 sets as long as possible

Day 1 ✔️
  • tcullom
    tcullom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Shew that 30 second plank is no joke! Day on - check. I read it like oh easy.. then i planked... for 5 secs.. oh crap lol but i knocked it out. I did it til i could hold it for a 30 secs. Woop woop!
  • dmiller4129
    dmiller4129 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Lbd and free weight day 1 done!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    Day 1 completed: 3 sets LBD & 3 sets Free Weights
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    POSTING DAY 2 WORKOUT FOR SUNDAY APRIL 2ND:

LBD:
    20 JUMPING JACKS
    10 BURPEES
    10 HIGH KNEES

FREE WEIGHTS:
    SHOULDERS = 15 OVERHEAD PRESSES
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Jane...THANKS for the thorough explanations!

@Hannah....you're AWESOME!...I so thought about doing this and you beat me to the punch, but really I don't have time...but in my old life (pre marriage and pre babies) I would have done this

SN: Hannah I was supposed to go to law school there :-/

LBD Day 1 - 3 sets COMPLETE
    FW Day 1 - 3 sets COMPLETE

YAY I was able to do the planks. YES I was shaking on round 3. Um, for these bent over rows...in my mind I wanted to use 15 lb dumbells so I picked them up, uh NO. So I used the 10 lb ones. Now I was able to "do them" but my form was all wrong. I was cheating and using my shoulders to pick up the weights when instead I should have been squeezing my blades together but I couldn't. Maybe it was because I did the LBD exercises right before them but regardless I'll be using 8 lb dumbells tomorrow and doing 5 sets and see how that goes.

GN folks!
This discussion has been closed.