Looking for friends

Options
Anyabean17
Anyabean17 Posts: 27 Member
I'm not new to MFP, but I'm sort of new to the whole friends thing. I have one friend I know personally, and one I met here on MFP. I'm hoping to add more friends that log in and even post status updates once in a while. Hoping for motivation and encouragement--giving and receiving. I'm a big introvert at heart and don't see myself posting in forums all the time. I'd rather just have a few friends (either introverts like me or outgoing extraverts or anywhere in between) I can get to know a bit. I'm looking to lose 30 pounds, and just started the You Are Your Own Gym DVD workouts, and wear my Fitbit mostly every day. Okay, hitting the Post Discussion button now.

Replies

• str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like. Im closing in on 48...wanting to lose the 20 pounds I have gained back in the last year and always more than willing to help with whatever I can.
  • annobrien8802
    annobrien8802 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im.46 trying to loose weight add me please
  • BabyJen75
    BabyJen75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been around for a while too and new to the community thing too. I'm an INFJ (meyer Briggs) so I certainly understand the introvert thing. I just turned 42 and have 100+ to lose, so I will be here for awhile. Feel free to friend me if you like, I could use help with motivation too.
  • beesmum
    beesmum Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 43 and looking to lose 80 lbs
  • athenamoon01
    athenamoon01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anya_KC, I am very much an introvert, like you. I have a hard time posting in forums. I am just returning to MFP and am also looking for some motivation. Perhaps we can encourage each other. I am 44 on Saturday and need to lose 35 lbs. So, feel free to add me as a friend as well.
  • llsmith
    llsmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am new to the weight loss and looking for motivation.
  • ally_rasm
    ally_rasm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm also shy and introverted. Trying to get out of my shell a little bit. I'll add you. My goal is to be active with my posting and challenges in hopes of staying motivated and get this weight off.
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I feel the same way.
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. Happy to add new friends
  • GammaKJ
    GammaKJ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Can add me as well. 44 here. Have around 95 pounds to lose. Not new to MFP but not active in posting either in a forum or on status updates.
  • swebee14
    swebee14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started (again). I'm almost 45 and need to lose 50 lbs at least. Have high blood pressure and Dr is concerned. How do you add friends? I may find it before anyone answers since I am exploring while being bored at my desk job...
  • NextRightThing2015
    NextRightThing2015 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. Fellow introvert here. I like to motivate and encourage others on their weight loss journey because it helps me stay focused on mine.
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Like you , I'm not new to MFP but am new to the friends thing. Please feel free to add me as I'm also looking for support.
  • beesmum
    beesmum Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Having friends can be motivating!!
  • lucy3541
    lucy3541 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me y'all. I'm also an introvert. Probably won't be very active on forums but, would enjoy having a few friends to cheer for on this journey. I'm 47 and have 120 lbs to lose.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I log in and post once in a while. Have been told I can be funny, but more of a 'hey everybody point and laugh at that guy' kinda way. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Elsiebeane
    Elsiebeane Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Please add me! 48 with a crap ton of weight to lose. I would love the support.
  • BamaChick74
    BamaChick74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just joined this week and I am looking for friends as well. I will add you all if you will accept. I am 43 and have about another 40 lbs. to loose. I am usually pretty optimistic, but could always use encouragement and happy to give it back.
  • Healthyhenk
    Healthyhenk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 42 and i'm living in the Netherlands. I'm looking for friends for motivation, tips exchange so feel free to add me!
  • kverenat
    kverenat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I'm 41 with about 60 to lose. Need all the help I can get!