April Challenge?

Options
2»

Replies

• my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'd like to be able to walk to my parents house and back by the end of the month, it's exactly 6 miles, I have sideways kneecaps and need surgery so I'm working up to getting to my parents house and back.
  • GoldieLaVie
    GoldieLaVie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd like to set the goal of walking every day.
  • sissyn49
    sissyn49 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! My goal is to complete C25K. I have exactly 4 weeks left, so it's a perfect fit.
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I really like that one about 100 miles in 100 days. I will make it metric and add a bit, so 200 kilometres. Plus I want to hit a goal for 40 push ups.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    In March, I did a total of 517.5 kms on my bike (currently indoors on a trainer.)
    For April my target will be to hit 540 kms total.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    After working to control my BG for so long but still having it higher than I would like, I think I may need to actually reduce my activity. Doc (and he is a good one) believes the primary driver is cortisol and I am over-stressing my system physically causing it to remain elevated.

Am I allowed to join if my goals are to limit my exercise after decades of possibly being a bit too obsessive about it? Since I am in maintenance at weight, the big challenge will be to reduce intake to counter reduced output.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    After working to control my BG for so long but still having it higher than I would like, I think I may need to actually reduce my activity. Doc (and he is a good one) believes the primary driver is cortisol and I am over-stressing my system physically causing it to remain elevated.

Am I allowed to join if my goals are to limit my exercise after decades of possibly being a bit too obsessive about it? Since I am in maintenance at weight, the big challenge will be to reduce intake to counter reduced output.

It's improving your "fitness." Just in a different way. I'm cool with it.
  • jayerde
    jayerde Posts: 35 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Fitness goals:
    - 2 exercise sessions per week (current line up is Zumba, Aquacise and Circuit training).
    - Commute to or from work on my kick scooter at least 3 times per week.
    - Get my steps up to 10000 daily.

However I'm going to add an extra one for if/when I get a flare up:
    - Put my body and joints above all other fitness goals and accept that it's okay to have a sofa day :)
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My aim for April is:

- to go to the gym 4 x a week, doing 4 spinning classes and use 2 weight machines for 30 repetitions.
    - to have 2 tabs of olive oil and apple cider vinegar + lemon and nothing else for two days a week - preferably on the two days I am really busy.
    This gives my skin a really nice glow.