Anyone else dreading the "Easter Bunny"

Options
2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    We started putting money in the plastic eggs just so I didn't have chocolate in the house cause i bought the good stuff, man. Even if the kids didnt appreciate it.

All of em,get sunglasses, coloring books, sidewalk chalk and the teen girl gets a purse and lipstick usually so I really do keep the candy to a minimum.

They all get kinder eggs even though I,now have to smuggle them in cause American laws deem them dangerous. But you know....they can have guns in schools. *cough*

Really? No kinder eggs allowed? LOL Choking hazard? I wonder if LEGO will be deemed unsafe too. LOL
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I still shudder when I hear the words "Kinder eggs". A few years ago, I bought a box 48 Kinder eggs in UK Costco to take to my grandsons in LA amongst other presents. Little did I know that they were banned. I have learned since that I could have been fined $1000 per egg if stopped at Customs.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    A 300g bar of 85% dark chocolate just went into the secret chocolate stash drawer. Hubby doesn't know I bought it. I will drag a chunk out next week when he's not looking and surprise him with a treat for us. As long as I don't keep adding to the stash when the stuff goes on sale in a couple weeks.
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've had crazy awesome self-control since I started Keto but man I am not looking forward to Easter morning or the night before where I might binge on all those sugary carbs my kids are expecting from the Easter Bunny lol. My kids don't usually get candy except for on Holidays when Santa or the Easter Bunny bring them stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to control myself and let the kids eat their treats instead of me! HAHA

I have been ok with the cravings so far, but my Easter plan is to but them mostly candy that I don't like...then I won't be tempted at all, because they'll eat all the good stuff right away! ;)
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I got them candy at the store yesterday and stashed it at my parents house :) Temptation free unless I wanna wake up 4 kids in the middle of the night and drive to my parents house HAHA
  • MissMorts
    MissMorts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ok so I've been fine, for the whole lead up, staying strong, good self control.... but, there's hot cross buns everywhere! And what's worse, the supermarkets here are selling Brioche hot cross buns! I used to binge on these babies... I could go through a whole pack in one sitting and then go back the next day for another, and again and again.... you get the picture... Easter wasn't a good scale time for me....
    And now they're back! And I can smell them! And smell the icing sugar wafting through the supermarket....
    Lord - give me strength!
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Nope, kids are grown.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    So far this Easter season I've done pretty well. I helped sell homemade chocolate eggs for a friend's church and brought home 42. I've only had one little corner. It jacked my FBG up so no more. I've been scouring Pintrest for Keto dessert ideas and I've got a couple I want to try. I refuse to let this holiday derail me too much.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I just got done stuffing 48 Easter basket eggs
    for the grand kids.
    I used Hershey's Milk Chocolate Eggs &
    mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
    No problem with pilferage, I don't like chocolate B)

>:) or o:)

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to clarify, the 42 eggs were not all for my house :smiley: . The majority went to other people.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    A 300g bar of 85% dark chocolate just went into the secret chocolate stash drawer. Hubby doesn't know I bought it. I will drag a chunk out next week when he's not looking and surprise him with a treat for us. As long as I don't keep adding to the stash when the stuff goes on sale in a couple weeks.

Dammit, they were on sale again, so I added to the stash... Now we have a whole lb of chocolate sitting in the secret stash drawer (we did eat half a bar since I bought the first one.)