Week 1

Options
lynnbaum
lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
I created a post for day 1. I am thinking we will have to many things to search through so I am creating week 1. Week 1has to go from day which was April 1 to the next Sunday. This way week 2 will start on a Monday.

Replies

• lynnbaum
    Options
    I need to get that workout done today. Knowing it is really only 20 min motivates me a little. I keep thinking I am going to get bored doing the same thing over and over. I need to start thinking I will get strong. Getting bored is negative talk and the negative talk stops here.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Not sure whether to post in the Level 1 thread or the Week 1 thread, so I'm covering both. L1D1 and L1D2 both shredded!!!!
  • hazyupsydaisy
    hazyupsydaisy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday at 10:00. Did Cycle 1 today at 4 p.m. I'm going to try like hell to do it every day for these 30 days of April. I'm glad I have this group to keep me accountable!
  • Shannonpal
    Shannonpal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    L1D2 completed.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    L1D2 shredded! Pecs were a little sore going into day two with only 3 lb weights, and those lunges. Cardio is a killer, but so is being weak.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    Not sure whether to post in the Level 1 thread or the Week 1 thread, so I'm covering both. L1D1 and L1D2 both shredded!!!!

When I made the week 1 I was thinking of all the things that go on besides just saying you got it done. I am also a member and have been part of other groups where threads get really long. Sorry if this is confusing. There is the good, the bad and the ugly of week 1 that we can talk about. This can be anything. I like the little yellow flags so you know where the new post are. I think this is great.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I have to say that we went to a local restaurant for lunch today. Really it was our only meal. Not the IHOP. The Ihop had a lot more cheese on it. Instead of looking at this as a big bummer I am looking at all the calories I saved. It had a normal to less cheese on it. Score!! fruit instead of hash browns. Raisin toast. I had ice cream for dinner. We will not talk about that.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    IHOP is one of my weaknesses just because of cream cheese stuffed French toast, but its not the only food I crave; so, I guess I can get over it too with practice.
  • chandraminick
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I started yesterday at 10:00. Did Cycle 1 today at 4 p.m. I'm going to try like hell to do it every day for these 30 days of April. I'm glad I have this group to keep me accountable!

There were days before that I didn't feel like doing it at all. I just started the DVD, and did it at a modified pace. I was into it by the time it was over, and totally relieved that I did not skip a day even though I didn't go at it like a maniac. Its ridiculous to think that anyone could do that on every workout, so I just hang in there. Every one of them that I could get under my belt was a huge motivator for me. I keep them written on a white board so I can see it at the end of the month, and make sure I don't leave blank days.
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm marking my days on our family calendar with a big green check mark. Seeing it every time I walk into the kitchen is a good reminder. Also, I'm very reluctant to mark a red x on the calendar, so that help me to stay motivated.
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 3rd workout and tonight will be my last until this weekend. I'm having a heart cath performed tomorrow, so I expect to out of exercise mode until Friday to be safe. Ya'll keep on doing great!
  • hazyupsydaisy
    hazyupsydaisy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just finished L1D3. My pecs are very sore! It hurt to put on a bra today! I have to skip tomorrow. My day starts tomorrow at 7:30 and goes till 9:30 pm. Oy.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I did nothing yesterday so I got up and got it done this morning. I am now doing the 29 day challenge.
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think that I'm going to have to leave the challenge. I've tried playing the DVD on my dvd player, blu-ray player and today my laptop and today was the longest it's run,but for some reason it quit and I can't get it restarted. I'm just going to try to do some other forms of exercise for today. Maybe I'll get a new blu-ray player this evening and try again tomorrow but I'm already so far behind I wouldn't be on the same days or in some cases week as everyone else .
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    I think that I'm going to have to leave the challenge. I've tried playing the DVD on my dvd player, blu-ray player and today my laptop and today was the longest it's run,but for some reason it quit and I can't get it restarted. I'm just going to try to do some other forms of exercise for today. Maybe I'll get a new blu-ray player this evening and try again tomorrow but I'm already so far behind I wouldn't be on the same days or in some cases week as everyone else .

That sucks! If you have a laptop or smart tv, you can stream it on you tube.

• Shannonpal
    Shannonpal Posts: 8 Member
    Options

lynnbaum wrote: »
    I did nothing yesterday so I got up and got it done this morning. I am now doing the 29 day challenge.

Proud of you for getting back on track. Some days just don't happen and that's ok, not losing sight of your goal is more important than keeping it 30 days!

• lynnbaum
    Options
    I did go to the gym tonight. I had to give them a different credit card so I figured I might as well workout. If you don't give them a new card they keep texting you. So I got that done. I did get a good sweat on.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I got up to do workout this morning. I just can't keep doing the same workout. I need some variety in my workout. I would rather add something then hate. I just need to not fall into the trap of looking for something easy and make sure it really is a challenge. I did do those pushups round 1
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I'm not leaving the challenge because I am seeing some positive of the challenge but I have to add some extra workouts. When I log into youtube in the morning all I can think of is - look at all the workouts I am missing out on.
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm still unable to workout, but good news is that my heart cath showed no disease, thickening or blockage. Two more days and I will give it a slow go