Diet/Nutrition/Meal Plans

Options
chandraminick
chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
This is the thread for those who wish to discuss diet and nutrition
while doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.

Replies

• chandraminick
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you need help figuring out what to eat, I can tell you what I did for three months, but I can not guarantee that you'll find it appetizing. It is just something that worked for me that I will be trying to repeat this time through the program. Not everyone has the same lifestyle and not every meal plan will work for everyone.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Your food eating can't be any stranger than mine. I put many things on salad for starts. When I see things like an english muffin with 1T peanut butter I just think I will be hungry in an hour from the chemicals in this.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    Your food eating can't be any stranger than mine. I put many things on salad for starts. When I see things like an english muffin with 1T peanut butter I just think I will be hungry in an hour from the chemicals in this.

Wow, cool, someone else on here finally gets this too. I think all those preservatives and chemicals mess up the cells on the inside of the digestive tract and cause a ton of problems. I'm always hungry and craving more after I eat like that too.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I learned not to eat that crap. I am having a great salad with lots of chicken on it and Balsamic vinegar. Not a little salad but a big salad. Last night I made bean soup for dinner. Very good. The big carb in it was carrots and the beans. I really don't like noodles and potatoes in my soup or chili. I call them low nutrition extenders so I do a pass on them 90% of the time
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I do think it would be kind of fun to chat on what we are eating.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    I do think it would be kind of fun to chat on what we are eating.

Yes, and I'll get some of that on here as soon as I get some spare time.
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    During the week, I'm pretty predictable. I do eggs and toast for breakfast, a banana right after my morning workout, greek yogurt and fruit around 10am. Lunch is either something homemade from my freezer or a huge salad full of veggies, chicken, and some nuts, seeds, or avocado and dressed with olive oil and lime or lemon or balsamic vinegar. Dinner is high in protein, usually with a 1/2 cup of rice or a small serving of roasted potatoes (like 120 calories), plus steamed veggies or salad or beans. Often, I'll have a Babybel cheese to tide me over while cooking so I'm not grazing in the fridge. Most evenings, I don't need anything else. But if I'm feeling peckish, I will have either a small greek yogurt (if I don't have many cals left), or a protein smoothie with protein powder, skim milk, and frozen berries.

My weekend breakfast and lunches are similar, but I'll often cook more elaborate things for dinner, and then package extras in 400 calorie containers for lunches for the next week. This is usually when I marinate and bbq enough chicken breasts for salads (I just let them cool, then cube them and store them in the fridge). Also the time when I cut up cantaloupes and pineapples, and package up my yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. for weekday lunches.

The one thing I struggle with is making suppers that satisfy my husband. He and I are both trying to drop pounds, but his daily calorie limit is about twice the size of mine. He doesn't care for veggies and salads, so he gets bigger servings of meat and rice or potatoes. But I actually need something that is higher calorie to put on his plate - otherwise I eat a 600 calorie dinner, and he eats a 1000 calorie dinner and is starving (and then orders pizza) a few hours later. Any ideas?
  • chandraminick
    Options
    I will probably have to post this conversation in segments because my SIMM card is messing up, and disconnecting me from MFP periodically. I am single, and don't have any kids a home, so I don't have the same challenges as a lot of other members pertaining to having to cook for family members and avoiding the temptations that go with that.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    I will probably have to post this conversation in segments because my SIMM card is messing up, and disconnecting me from MFP periodically. I am single, and don't have any kids a home, so I don't have the same challenges as a lot of other members pertaining to having to cook for family members and avoiding the temptations that go with that.

I am a parts runner for an automotive store, and I do see my coworkers eating chips, pop, candy and processed foods all day, but I have a plan in effect. I have bottled water and cans of chicken in my locker. I pour the water off the chicken and eat those for lunch. I have been taking cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, sliced cucumbers, and raw broccoli to snack during my shift.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    When I am at home, I am eating smoothies. I try to limit my fruit in those. A typical smoothie consists of water, small banana, frozen blueberries and chocolate protein powder. The optional items that I load onto these is probably unappetizing to most but.....kale or spinach, frozen squash puree, raw yellow squash or zucchini, frozen or raw cauliflower or broccoli, frozen okra, frozen Brussels sprouts, etc
  • chandraminick
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Any veggie that can be ground up raw and considered healthy and disquised by chocolate protein powder and banana is fair game.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I am married to a normal weight man that eats what I cook. I am a pretty good cook. I am not a big sauce person so that cuts a bunch of calories. I have no children at home. I do get tired of cooking some days. Make that many days. I work full time and then like to go to the gym after work. One thing I hate but am trying to change is to workout before work. I have a sit job but am not tied to the desk. I am not a big breakfast person. Give me a couple of cups of coffee with chocolate milk. I do make and freeze some foods. I did an egg dish with 18 eggs and putted 6 yokes out added chopped onion, mushroom, spinach S & P bake, cool, cut into squares and froze. I eat a big salad for lunch most days. I have to say that I am writing a book about my 1 year journey. We don't eat out much because every-time we do we are kind of disappointed be cause I do cook. If I had to label how I eat you could call it more of an intermittent fasted. I am coming off of a challenge that I lost 8 pounds. It is getting tough because I am getting closer to goal.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    Last night I made spaghetti so I put 1/2 cup of noodles in a bowl and added 2 cups of green beans and meat sauce on top. Now this is what I call a good meal. I love red sauce with ground-beef so I can put it on any veggie. gzalh7m9qs1x.jpg
  • lynnbaum
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is a picture of the egg bake I talked about. Please note apples not toast. Toast is a high calorie/low nutrition filler food and I am trying to stay clear of. 6dncve07r0xq.jpg
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    Help I am bored with food. I am tired of cooking.
  • chandraminick
    Options

Chocolater Protein powder smoothie with raw/frozen veggies=no cooking, no prep, no dishes
  • Shannonpal
    Shannonpal Posts: 8 Member
    Options

If you need help figuring out what to eat, I can tell you what I did for three months, but I can not guarantee that you'll find it appetizing. It is just something that worked for me that I will be trying to repeat this time through the program. Not everyone has the same lifestyle and not every meal plan will work for everyone.

What did you eat? Or did I miss that post?
  • lynnbaum
    Options

Chocolater Protein powder smoothie with raw/frozen veggies=no cooking, no prep, no dishes

I'm not thinking dear husband wants a shake for dinner? I am not a big shake person. I had a green drink before I went to the gym. I too want to know what you ate the last time you did this?
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    Shannonpal wrote: »

What did you eat? Or did I miss that post?
    I am looking for this answer too.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    I'll post it tonight after I get it off work