For all those who THINK you are stuck

JohnnyLowCarb
JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
So it was not that long ago that I reached out to this wonderful community and vented that I was stuck. So many veterans reassured me that if I was doing everything right that it would happen and to be patient. So I looked at a chart that I maintain (Green is Actual, Yellow is the current week, and Blue is projected future - Yeah I am obsessed and a data junkie) . I like the weekly measuring to remove some variability, but I still log in to MFP my daily number. I have found that after a period (weeks) of sustained weight loss my body will go on a 3 week straight line and then start going down again. this may or may not be your body's reaction. I simply post this for those who may get discouraged on what I did to understand my body's reaction. Study your own situation and see what you can determine. This (and the Low Carb group) really helped me!tg7msepar703.png

Replies

• JohnnyLowCarb
    here is a better way to look at it.grhz339el5sd.png
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Maybe it's a guy thing. I also have a spreadsheet with a chart and map actual vs planned. It helps me to focus towards the long term. Yours has more colours. I may need to upgrade :)
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Maybe it's a guy thing. I also have a spreadsheet with a chart and map actual vs planned. It helps me to focus towards the long term. Yours has more colours. I may need to upgrade :)
    That made me laugh!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    <refresh>
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    I need to make one. That would be really helpful!
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    @LemonMarmalade For me it is now a tool to calm me down. I use excel and simply track my weekly weight. I use the average weekly loss to project the out dates. The green horizontal line is my desired weight. You should be able to see your own trends as you start tracking.
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Did you go a step further and calculate your fat percentage? I did that and then projected the weights I would start to hit acceptable levels :)
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    Did you go a step further and calculate your fat percentage? I did that and then projected the weights I would start to hit acceptable levels :)

No TraveelerRay, how are you measuring your fat %? Calibers or ht wt measurements? Very good strategy.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Funny you post this, I started Keto the last week of January at 268, got to 255 within a 4 weeks then sat there for 4 weeks, in the last 10 days I've dropped down to 247, i assume I will plateau again soon but it's nice to see progress.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Data is part of the reason I do love treadmill running....that and I'm truly a fair weather runner. Snow? Nope. Rain? Nah. Wind? Pass.

For a lot of us, good data about what our body is doing helps keep us motivated and make sense of weight loss and gain which sometimes feel like black magic and *kitten*.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    edited April 2017
    The app Happy Scale does very similar....for those of you that are less computer savvy
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I'm very similar. In a one month period of losing I often only have one or two weeks when the scale actually moves down ward.

Not a guy thing. ;) Except I am old school and do it on graphing paper. LOL

• JohnnyLowCarb
    What is graphing paper???? Lol jk
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    johnnylew wrote: »
    What is graphing paper???? Lol jk

LOL I know, I know. My friends call me the Luddite. ;)
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    @EbonyDahlia awesome true great job
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    ncahill77 wrote: »
    Funny you post this, I started Keto the last week of January at 268, got to 255 within a 4 weeks then sat there for 4 weeks, in the last 10 days I've dropped down to 247, i assume I will plateau again soon but it's nice to see progress.

I was right, been here for 2 weeks now, I'm really looking forward to that next whoosh.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Which data are your trendline based on? The R2 seems low.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    I have a spreadsheet too. I weigh in an it automatically calculates my current BMI (I know, I know, but it's *a* benchmark at the moment)
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    kirkor wrote: »
    Which data are your trendline based on? The R2 seems low.

The trend line is based on the actual weight and it does incorporate the projected and the projected ultimate desired weight at 175 so the R2 is being affected by those out months where I have projected weight loss and weight stability. As long as I am below a declining trend line I dont worry about the R2 too much.