Leslie Sansone April 2017 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited March 2017 in Social Groups
April (2017)

WELCOME to all walkers!

Happy April Fools Day :) Yes, it is really true that it is time to start a new monthly challenge for April 2017!

April showers will be bringing :flowerforyou: May flowers :flowerforyou: . Spring is here with maybe more rain than usual for some of us. Yet for others it could still look a bit like winter with some snow falling or hanging around, but hopefully some little tiny flowers are peeking up through any snow ;) At any rate lets all make April another extraordinarily awesome month while we continue walking through 2017.

We will be heading into summer before we know it, so lets take advantage of the pleasant walking weather :) . There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what this year has turned out to be for each of us thus far! Start overs are available each and every day, as well as each month here on the Monthly Challenge.

Since it is already "officially" Spring then there will be much to see on our walks outdoors as the seasons change. Then getting out to walk your miles will ensure that we don't miss anything as spring flowers and beautiful flowering trees and gardens appear. Raining??? Then having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking outdoors whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into April of 2017! Can you believe it :o . It seems like we blinked and winter is gone and Spring is here. So join us as we turn yet another calendar page... and walk our way to a Happy and Healthy April. No fooling :p

Let us continue through 2017 by walking strong and with the determination!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I know that I will have too much grading and end of semester computer time this month, so I really can't increase my miles as much as I would like to. So, I am going for 3.5 miles per day again, but I am going to really try to get over that each day.

April Goal 3.5 miles/day or 105 miles for the month.

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • Lipstick_chick1960
    Lipstick_chick1960 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the walk challenge that starts April 5 for 100 days ?
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,526 Member
    Options
    My goal for April
    - 120 miles
    - 10,000 steps 15 days this month
    - Control the eating
    - water, water, Water

I am on a search for pushy willows. I may need rubber boots though.... Lots a water and muddy spots on my walk.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am going to up my miles by another 10 miles this month. I want to build back up to 100 asap. I am doing yoga and using a massager for my legs and it seems to help. Most of my leg pain is now just in my knees and thighs. Getting stronger is my goal. I am will commit to 70 miles this month. Golf season officially started this morning. I am hoping to get out there at least 4 days a week....preferably more.

4.49/70

4.49 miles golfing this morning.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Having some issues going to go for 40 and hope to cruise right on by that. We shall see. ;)
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Wow it's April already! Jeepers I need to get a move on things. I'll shoot for 100 mile this month. This winter "coat" needs to come off.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I did a mile but I did it in hiking boots. Let's just say I am attempting to abide by doctors orders. I am glad I did as he showed up on the walking path. It's also why I only did 1 mile. LOL. Ok slow and steady. ;)
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I did a mile but I did it in hiking boots. Let's just say I am attempting to abide by doctors orders. I am glad I did as he showed up on the walking path. It's also why I only did 1 mile. LOL. Ok slow and steady. ;)

Be careful and I wish you a speedy recovery.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    9.83/70
    5.34 miles golfing this afternoon.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Goals for April:
    - 120 miles
    - 10,000 steps 15 days
    - water, water, Water

I have a very busy April. It will be a challenge to even eat properly. But, I will give it my best

Happy spring everyone.
  • Lilymay2
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Goals for April:
    - 120 miles
    - 10,000 steps 15 days
    - water, water, Water

April 1 - 3.09 miles
    April 2 - 3.70 miles
    April 3 - 5.35 miles - 11789 steps (1/15)
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    15.37/70
    5.54 miles golfing this afternoon.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Leslie started her 100 day walking challenge today. I did a quick 1 mile video of hers off You Tube this AM.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    21.34/70

5.97 miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    Leslie started her 100 day walking challenge today. I did a quick 1 mile video of hers off You Tube this AM.

I'm doing it to. I did a Boosted mile today.
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new to this group and so excited. 1 did party to the favorites dvd tonight. It's a hitt workout and I did 1 mile
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Hey I'm new to this group and so excited. 1 did party to the favorites dvd tonight. It's a hitt workout and I did 1 mile

Welcome to the group!
  • eatsleepmove
    eatsleepmove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing well!

I've come back to join you. Last month, one rest day turned into many missed days which then turned into total discouragement. But when I got the announcement e-mail about the LS Walk Challenge, I was inspired. I really want to see this 100 days through. I'm not going to pressure myself to do more than one mile a day. I'm just going to focus on creating a daily movement ritual and then see where I am in July.

To start it off, I did the old school WATP Get Up and Get Started. And, of course, because I hadn't moved in weeks, it was brutal!

The last time I was here, so many of you inspired me. To me, your monthly goals were so ambitious. I was envious. I have such respect for you all.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing well!

I've come back to join you. Last month, one rest day turned into many missed days which then turned into total discouragement. But when I got the announcement e-mail about the LS Walk Challenge, I was inspired. I really want to see this 100 days through. I'm not going to pressure myself to do more than one mile a day. I'm just going to focus on creating a daily movement ritual and then see where I am in July.

To start it off, I did the old school WATP Get Up and Get Started. And, of course, because I hadn't moved in weeks, it was brutal!

The last time I was here, so many of you inspired me. To me, your monthly goals were so ambitious. I was envious. I have such respect for you all.

Welcome back! Good for you.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options

Welcome shoppingdiva2011!