Woohoo...Took my blood tests yesterday and am officially no longer Pre Diabetic!

Options
ginamisa
ginamisa Posts: 20 Member
Been doing Keto since Jan... I had some ongoing health issues before starting... and told myself once I got past 3 months...will do a full panel blood test to see if it's messing my system up....and maybe rethink it.

Just got some of the test results back... and my A1C is now 5.3 and am no longer considered a prediabetic.... PRAISE GOD! I've been 5.9 lately... and the fasting blood test kept getting higher and higher....been considered pre-diabetic for 20+ years....And... My cholesterol/Triglycerides is in normal range... I have high HDL, and my iron levels is now in normal range... I've been anemic for years as well and been low iron for years.... WOOOHOOO..... SOOO SOOO HAPPY!

My kidney dr is worried about me being on this diet... and am still waiting for those results...
But I am sooo sooo happy with what I see right now. Diabetes runs in my family so been trying to get that number down.. and nothing was working but Thank GOD found this diet and it's gotten me to a healthy space.

Changing the way I eat and going KETO and incorporating walking has definitely worked to improving my health! :-) Weight loss is a lil slow lately...but I lost 20lbs in 3 mos....and I got a ways to go for sure to get to a healthy weight but am def on the right path!

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Your Kidney Doctor is full of TRANS FAT!!!! ;) LOLZ Kidding.

That's terrific news and welcome to the club! I reversed my diagnosis of Pre-D a couple of years ago too. Keep up the good work!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!

But hmm. Do you perhaps have a proctologist named Dr. Kidney?

I ask because no sensible nephrologist would be relying on 1950s Reader's Digest dogma about protein and fat nuking your kidneys.

(You would think he'd be ecstatic that you're no longer burdening them with as much sugar....)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Even with the hard, visible and tangible evidence sitting right in front of them, they still want to be right....
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    (Oooh! look! I can finally see my own avatar again! 'Bout time too...!)
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This is encouraging to me, because on June 6 it will be 3 months since i started low carb, and i cant wait to see my numbers go down also.. as i am pre-diabetic.
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome news!! Congratulations!!
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    This is terrific news and you should be very proud.

After 15 years of dealing with digestive issues and never ONCE having a lineup of gastroenterology "experts" ask me about what I eat, I'm pretty cynical about the medical profession and nutrition. Apparently, if any topic isn't a big deal in medical school it doesn't matter or, if does, what you briefly reviewed 25 years ago is good enough for today. In general, we might as well consult our lawn service guy as our doctors on this particular topic.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    :s

Now that you mention it @mandycat223 , I don't know why I haven't asked our lawn guys what to do about dysplasia... er dyspepsia (since they smoke and usually look like they've just been bitten by the bottle).

Apparently, the wise regulators in Australia share your view about the nutritional incompetence of physicians, since they've been hounding Gary Fettke for even trying to learn and preach food as medicine... .

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic...congratulations.