What's the one thing you can't give up?

Options

Replies

• missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a few, but if I boil it down to one it's my Diet Dew! Everything else is sporadic and controllable, but my daily dew remains.

OMG, me too. It's a struggle.

• XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options

OMG, me too. It's a struggle.

So glad to not be alone!! :)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Carry on ladies - include me out....
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Given all my n=1 experimentation, I have come to realize there is nothing I can't give up. Fortunately, my top 87 favorite foods are all keto friendly. Popcorn was number 88, but after having it a few weeks ago and it making me feel like crap and gave me a bad acne breakout, I think it is getting bumped down several spots.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    Of course, if I don't hit my BG goals at this next appointment, I may resort to eliminating dairy to see if I am sensitive to it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let me be dairy sensitive!!!!!!!!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Crossing my fingers for you, @cstehansen ... I count myself as truly blessed that I seem to have the constitution of a wild goat....
  • ginamisa
    ginamisa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It was hard for me to give up coffee with vanilla creamer. But once I ran out of the creamer decided to do Bullet Proof coffee in the morn.. and it's been good- Got a battery operated frother... coconut oil, butter and a scoop of collagen peptide... a capful of skinny girl 0 carb chocolate truffle syrup....yummy and helped me get to my fat intake goals and keep the carbs way down.

Also, it was hard to give up my one nite a week relax with a couple drinks. Stopped the wine and margaritas and now do a no carb liquor - Vodka, Whisky with diet 7up. I may give it up soon though sometimes I wonder if it's stalling my weight. lost 20 lbs in 3 mos but it hasn't moved for the past week and half.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    I'm waiting for a hand-held drinks shaker to arrive, which will make blending my BPC much easier....
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    The one thing I can't give up is eating. If I could just survive without having to eat, I'd do great.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Oh, you too, huh...?
    Apparently the secret of eating healthily is to chew whatever you want. Just don't swallow it.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    The one thing I can't give up is eating. If I could just survive without having to eat, I'd do great.

The record for fasting is over a year. Of course the guy weighed something like 600 lbs to start.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Mine is BBQ sauce. I used to eat alot more on the food i ate, so now when i make a hamburger, i still want that flavor. However, it only takes me about 1 TSP of bbq sauce just to add a little flavor. It might be a bit high in sugar, however, for me its worth it and it fits my macros for carbs for the day.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    Mine is BBQ sauce. I used to eat alot more on the food i ate, so now when i make a hamburger, i still want that flavor. However, it only takes me about 1 TSP of bbq sauce just to add a little flavor. It might be a bit high in sugar, however, for me its worth it and it fits my macros for carbs for the day.

Try Stubbs. They are lower carb but I would eat it even if I wasn't LCHF.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners. I know they're not good for us. But they add so many different flavors to an otherwise sugar-free lifestyle and for me don't trigger sugar cravings. I've been reading about the Whole 30 plan; going on the plan would be quite easy for me since I've already cut out most of the no-nos. But giving up my Skinny Syrup Chocolate Caramel Truffle and my Skinny Syrup Irish Cream would be a real sacrifice.

As with many things in life, the perfect is the enemy of the good.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Whew, @mandycat223, you're on a roll!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »

Try Stubbs. They are lower carb but I would eat it even if I wasn't LCHF.

Just an alternate point of view: I tried the Stubb's Spicy that was the lowest carb version my store had @ 6 carbs per 2 Tbsp. To me, it tastes like I imagine generic ketchup would taste, with some heat. Tastes vary.

On the flip-side: I also tried some Cholula Hot Sauce that was recommended and it is tasty! I bought the Chipotle version. Good stuff (to me also).
  • k_e_l
    k_e_l Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...re bbq sauce...try the G Hughes Sugar Free from Walmart...soo good & only 2 g carbs per 2 tbsp serving. I have a boneless pork roast in the crock now that I'm going to shred with the honey bbq sauce & a low carb cole slaw for my side. Yum yum!! ;-)

jql3h107dcs9.jpg
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    johnnylew wrote: »
    What I have found is that there is not one food that cannot be replicated (or come very close) to be LCHF. I love pizza and I saw a recipe for making a pizza in a pan, where the cheese becomes the crust! I tried the cauliflower pizza (no go for me).

Best pizza recipe I've found is the fathead pizza - had it tonight in fact - it's a definite win!
    I did see one where the crust iscmade from minced chicken (with a few things added) too and will be testing it out at some point as I'm intrigued!

• Ketolover71
    Ketolover71 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Movie popcorn. No other carbs that day and more than normal water intake. It's usually on a workout day as well.

How do you feel after eating popcorn? I love popcorn and have an air popper. But haven't touched it since I've been on keto. Scared of the carbs.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Movie popcorn. No other carbs that day and more than normal water intake. It's usually on a workout day as well.

How do you feel after eating popcorn? I love popcorn and have an air popper. But haven't touched it since I've been on keto. Scared of the carbs.

A little bit of popcorn (assuming you have reliable brakes...??) is not the same as 3 large chocolate sundaes - if you can fit the small serving of popcorn into your macros, you should be fine!