Hey all,

Does anyone know about this product?

Thanks
A

Replies

• angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Perfect Keto Base, Exogenous Ketone Supplement, Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB), Chocolate Sea Salt Flavor (211g) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7XI35O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_y-L6ybGY5TR87
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Does anyone have experience or advice regarding this product? Huge mix of reviews ive seen online. I am doing keto but i just restarted again after a break (bad dumb emotional stuff n not caring about my health or body). So i would take this with a hflcmp diet.

Does it help you get into ketosis?

Would a magnesium supplement (for sleep) + drinking salt water to avoid keto flu + a few mct oil doses a day for the extra fat and to excellerate ketosis = basically this product???
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Exogenous ketones can help you get deeper into ketosis, and faster, but for most people it will be unnecessary. If you fast a day, by the end of the day you'll be using ketones. If you switch to a very low carb high fat diet without reduced calories, you'll be in ketosis within a couple of days. Faster if you exercise.

I can see exogenous ketones for health reasons. Perhaps for those using it to treat epilepsy or maybe Alzheimer's. High level of ketones are not associated with greater weight loss though. Some believe it is ketones that diminishes appetite and helps with weight loss, but others think it may be the lowered carbs. KWIM?

I think you are probably right in that for most people MCT, salt, and magnesium would have a similar, if not the same, effect. I have not researched the product though.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    If you have a choice between a chemistry experiment created in some lab and real food, I don't think there's much choice. There's a reason why we see a never ending parade of magic potions for sale.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I think the question what is your reason for seeking deeper ketosis?
    For therapeutic benefits? Then yes, this would help but so would coconut or MCT oil at a hugely cheaper price.
    For weight loss benefits? Forget it. It doesn't work that way. You must burn your bodyfat for weight loss. Ketones are a product of fat oxidation. They do not burn your bodyfat. They are the product of burned fat. If you provide and outside source, your body doesn't need to make its own ketones.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    You must burn your bodyfat for weight loss. Ketones are a product of fat oxidation. They do not burn your bodyfat. They are the product of burned fat. If you provide and outside source, your body doesn't need to make its own ketones.

Ditto this ^^^^!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Seconding above ^^^^!! Waste of money if you are not on a Keto diet for neurological reasons.