What's your exercise of choice?

Options
2»

Replies

• theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I am super cautious about impact, so I love swimming. You have to manage the effects on your hair and skin and if you think about the pool water you lose all desire to swim. But I just love it, and if you are going to swim laps, get an underwater mp3 player. For 30 dollars on Amazon you can listen to podcasts, music, radio etc. However, when you are listening to sports, remember that if you yell underwater, people can still hear you.
  • faux_scots_lass
    faux_scots_lass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Since I made this thread I've found HASfit.com - and I love it. They have a huge selection of free workout videos to choose from and also some free workout programmes. I've been doing the 30 day beginner weight loss plan and it's awesome. A great mix of low impact cardio and strength training. Just what I was looking for.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've added running to my repertoire now, and have plans to start some strength training in May. I joined a gym but so far I've just been using the treadmill to increase my run stamina.
  • hmbuck1
    hmbuck1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm new so I'm sorry if this has already been a topic of conversation but has anyone tried a fitness boot camp? An area women's gym is hosting a 6 week boot camp that meets 3 days/week starting on Monday. I'm trying to decide if I should sign up. I'm a little worried it may be too intense for me right now but I also am ready to start seeing results and think a structured routine will push me to actually work out. Thoughts? Experiences?
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I also tried the first day of C25K when I started at 228 pounds, but I didn't wear socks that covered my ankles and my shoes skinned them raw. I also brought my dog, who couldn't keep up haha. She loves to run so I thought day one wouldn't be too intense for her.

I miss being able to run around as a kid, so running a 5k is on my bucket list. I really want to do the color run! When I break 200 I'm going to actually buy clothes I can run in and give it another shot. (I don't even own a sports bra.) 9 pounds to go! It sucks that I keep stalling weight-wise when I'm so close.
  • readytodothis
    readytodothis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have rediscovered my love of roller skating ;) it feels amazing and my butt looks awesome! I also like to walk, hop on the elliptical, do strengthening and body toning and if I really want to be sore and feel the burn I will take a HIIT class. I can do ANYTHING for 30 minutes (at least that is what I tell myself to get through it).
  • rosey0104
    rosey0104 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells! I'm obsessed haha. I love the fact that kettlebells get my heart rate up while still adding the weight lifting factor that just keeps me engaged. Cardio is hard for me as I get bored and shaking/swinging all this fat around is not easy on my already crappy joints. My muscular dystrophy doctor first recommended kettlebells because just getting two is cheap and there are TONS of free youtube videos for them. I'm now adding in some beachbody turbo jam/piyo/ turbofire to test what I can do and for variety.
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This week my HIIT exercise of choice is pushing a standard football sled with 135# pounds. You push it and run as hard and fast as you can for 50 feet then if you can still breathe push it back to where you started. Be sure to have something to drink on hand so you don't puke. >:)
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    rosey0104 wrote: »
    Kettlebells! I'm obsessed haha.

Kettlebells are my jam too!