Question about the girls...No modesty.

Options
nikoba
nikoba Posts: 291 Member
I'll be turning 40 this year, so I know age is against me. But do I just have to accept the fate that as I lose weight, "the girls" aka - my breasts - will suffer? I'm successfully 25lbs down, and while I haven't noticed tons of shrinkage there, I feel like their consistency has gotten mushier. They've always kinda been my pride and joy and something I could still play up as a big girl. Just wondering if any other well endowed ladies have tips to keep them as full as possible while losing? Any favorite sports bra suggestions welcome too.

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    So far they're ok, but I'm only 34 pounds down with ~70 to go. Nursing two kids can't have helped either.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have dropped a couple band sizes, but no cup sizes...I love Panache!!!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Do push-ups. Strengthening your pectoral muscles keeps the girls nice and perky. ;)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I'm down from a DD/E, to the Prez of the Itty Bitty *kitten* Committee. :disappointed:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    It just might be luck. If you have young acting skin that bounces back from stretching and wrinkling you'll probably keep the girls relatively perky into older age. I lost 35 lbs and went from a 36 C to a 32 DD. Because of the difference in band size the cups are pretty well the same. I'm 53 and they're a little less full on the top than I prefer, but no complaints from other parties lol. But no kids and no breastfeeding, on the other hand I went braless a lot when I was younger. So who knows, we are all so unique. Even each girl is unique.... No twins.
  • missjosefina
    missjosefina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to massage a good firming lotion in to my girls, belly and butt every day. I've not lost much lbs yet so don't know if this is working xxx
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I forgot to add that I smoked for 20 years...that will DEFINITELY age and sag skin faster than most anything. I quit a few years ago, but loose skin is going to be my future no matter how well I eat now, because of that (no kids here, either).
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    Lol @ "keeps the girls nice and perky". Keeps? Ha. I haven't been perky since I was 28, and I was not even a C cup back then.

Now, I pretty much just fill a B, and now that I'm 44, I have flapjacks. They lie low and stay away from radar, literally (under my armpits when I sleep at night, or trying to slide out under my bra band when I'm trying to put it on, etc.). Also, they've always been really far apart, so each of the girls thinks she is an only child. No amount of duct tape or Wonder Bra-stuffing is going to get these two to meet, ever. Cleavage? Never had it. Lol. I can go braless in public and basically get away with it because it's flat. #SadButTrue

yup. I call mine sad little pancakes.
    They have been unimpressed with the push-ups and strength training I've been doing since I began my weightloss journey.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that - lol @ "unimpressed" though :P
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've heard conflicting theories on whether wearing a bra or going braless is better for keeping things in place. I've always had a large chest, whether I weighed 140 or 230, but I never felt comfortable going braless, even to bed. Never had kids and never smoked, so that's not a factor. My health is more important that a full set...so weightloss is the priority...but I'm hoping I can preserve the breast mass for as long as possible.

If mine become sad little pancakes (love that term, by the way), I'll just ball 'em up like socks and stuff them back into the push up bra :)
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, I've smoked for 10 years, and I have a baby. Mine have never been perky lol but now they're just sad... Getting a new bra today to hoist them up but that's pretty much all I can do. If it gets worse with weight loss I'll think about augmentation down the line.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I am on the small side of things. A C when I was heavier and a B now. I have a fairly large rib cage and clavicle area that sort of gives the impression of size and cleavage. I do like small though. Hubby is SOL. ;) I can fit in clothes well, they don't get in the way, and they are not painful with bouncy exercise.... I think if men had to wear large breasts for a while, they would change their tune. Or never leave the house. ;)

I used to rely on pectorals to help me build more size but the girls are lower than they used to be. They are still lookin forward but the years of gazing upwards are lonnnnng past.

I still try to keep my pecs strong,when shoulder pain allows it, but now I get quadruple boob. There is the pectoral bulge and then a flatness/dip and then the breast bulge.... Looks really rather funny if I try to go bra less in a tube style of top. :D.

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The first thing I noticed while losing a lot of weight was that mine have gotten further away - my big belly was acting like a 'boob shelf' and holding them up even without a bra. Now they're rather lower.

The most annoying thing though is they are deflating but they're not doing it at the same rate. The left one has hardly changed but the right one has lost a lot. I was probably always a bit lopsided but as the weight has come off it's become a much bigger difference, and super noticable.

I'm starting to think when I'm done losing weight I'll want a little augmentation on the right side just to even them out.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    My husband says I have ketoed all my boobs away. lol. I do think weirdly they are rather smaller than when I was in junior high and naturally thin. IDK what that's about. It's like @Sunny_Bunny_ was saying...it wants to take all my boobs and spare my thighs for some reason! Right now they are at least moderately upright/perky. Maybe because there isn't an abundance to sag? lol.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to get rid of these things . . . my dream is to lose a ton of weight and then get top surgery completely if I need to have skin removed. I pray I'll lose weight faster up top!