Oops

Options
My MIL was the most obnoxious Easter bunny, and brought my son so much candy...and.....

I ate some Peeps. And a few M&Ms. I'm ashamed :# I've been perfect so far I just love Peeps ugh :D
Back on the horse tomorrow. Can't wait to feel like crap from all the water retention from sugar lmao

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I love those marshmallow-y, sugary things. I was 52 years old the last year I received a box of Easter Peeps in the mail. At some point after I moved from PA to NC my Mom would buy several boxes, pack them up and ship them to me for Easter. 18 years of "The peeps are in the mail". <3
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yeah, hanging out with my family yesterday for our Easter get together was like being in a candy store. After we all realized how much candy there was brought to the table at Mom's house, we all agreed no one needed any of it. I ate one piece of chocolate, not that I needed it.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    yky28zalrijx.jpg

:D
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    Yeah, hanging out with my family yesterday for our Easter get together was like being in a candy store. After we all realized how much candy there was brought to the table at Mom's house, we all agreed no one needed any of it. I ate one piece of chocolate, not that I needed it.

Haha! You are so rockin' it.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and my sister is 26 . . . our parents still hide Easter eggs for us to find. My sister gets really into it. I think next year I'll suggest hiding the eggs that say things like 'do ten sit-ups'.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm still on a weight loss track but April is and has been bat *kitten*. If I make it through the month maintaining the current loss and keeping up my exercise schedule I'll call it a win. I passed on all the candy but ate a slice of my mom's coconut cake because OMG IT'S AMAZING and she makes it once a year and I've purposely never learned to make it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The other day when someone was looking for a keto version of s'mores, I found a number of keto friendly marshmallow recipes. I wonder if something like a fine version of stevia/erythritol blend would work for the outside "crunch" factor? So there are a boatload of options if anyone is looking for a gateway avoidance...
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Just say no to Peeps. They are not even artificial food stuff IMO.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I don't do Peeps, ick. I did break down and have a piece of chocolate cake. Mainly so as not to hurt feelings.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I dodged all the Easter candy bullets yesterday. I kept carbs at 10 for net and was feeling all self-righteous. I slept a solid 8 hours and woke up to find I was up a pound and my fasting glucose was 120. Go figure...
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I dodged all the Easter candy bullets yesterday. I kept carbs at 10 for net and was feeling all self-righteous. I slept a solid 8 hours and woke up to find I was up a pound and my fasting glucose was 120. Go figure...

Proximal osmosis?
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Proximal osmosis?

Who knows? Monday is often high (due to stress from Sunday I am sure).
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    The other day when someone was looking for a keto version of s'mores, I found a number of keto friendly marshmallow recipes. I wonder if something like a fine version of stevia/erythritol blend would work for the outside "crunch" factor? So there are a boatload of options if anyone is looking for a gateway avoidance...

Here are couple more LC "marshmallow" options:

http://gpinzone.blogspot.com/2014/05/low-carb-marshmallows.html

http://www.holdthecarbs.com/low-carb-marshmallow-cream-mix
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I will be lurking in my favorite stores for deeply discounted Lindt bunnies tomorrow, MWAHAHAHA!!
    logo125.png
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    FWIW, my fasting BG was 92 this morning. There is nothing like a day off to normalize things a little.