Weekend Bling Report

Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @BeeerRunner kick *kitten* report!! You definitely have what it takes to be an awesome trail runner! Look out tree roots!!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Did the Nebraska Trail Run 12K today. Challenging hills. Usually I screw up by starting out too fast. With single-track trail, I started towards the middle to back of the group. Felt like I was going way too slowly in the first mile, but eventually started getting past a few other runners. That might have been really helpful, though, because I often wear myself out too early and did not do that this time.

Time was something like 1:37:4x (I need to check exact time, but that was the clock when I came in). That isn't a great time compared to others, I think, but for me it is. Especially considering some of the difficulty of the trails. I was projecting to be just under 2 hrs., so this was better even than anticipated.

There are some photos already posted, and I changed my profile photo to one of my favorites so far.

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    The Capital 10 Miler is in the books. I started at the back of the pack and stayed there for the first 4.5 miles. At that point I was bored senseless and kicked it up a notch until I caught up with a slightly faster friend. I ran the last 3+ miles with her and finished my day just under a 10:00 minute pace. I really needed this type of race since my legs were about to go on strike. :p

lc5bsdqx3dds.jpg
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Wow BeeerRunner - that is a heck of a way to finish a race. I'm glad it didn't stop you. Congratulations on finishing under 4 hours anyway.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    @silverfiend Great job on your 1st HM!! That last mile is tough and really requires a lot of mental focus to keep pushing and not giving up. My husband told me he could tell I gave it my all coming into the finish of both my HMs so I'm thinking my arms and legs may have been flailing. Lol!

Best wishes in your next one!!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Ran Cooper River Bridge Run for the 3rd time. First time they have ever offered a medal (40th Anniversary). It was also the first time I was in a time seeded group. However, the race didn't go as well as I have performed previously. The combination of a broken toe and a bad cold after that was a real setback, so I settled for a more moderate (half marathon) pace.

33736623721_b24602c6b8_z.jpgIMAG2712 by gsaun039, on Flickr

33736623981_54f89db1d9_z.jpgIMAG2700 by gsaun039, on Flickr

33709684352_315485cbb8_z.jpgIMAG2702 by gsaun039, on Flickr

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @STrooper- Nice job! I have run that bridge before, but not the official race. It's no joke. My husband and I always say we are going to make it down there one time for the race, but we still haven't yet. I ran the Charleston marathon in 2015 and was kind of disappointed that it din't go over the bridge. That would have been really cool. It's such an impressive structure!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp, running in hot weather with a nasty cold and finishing is still amazing. Great job!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @Wendy98 That's Awesome!
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    @Wendy98 that is an incredible run! Congrats to you for a PR!
  • lporter229
    Options
    Wow Wendy, that is impressive. No PR for me at Boston. Actually my slowest of my solo marathons. But I had a hamstring injury throughout training and was not sure what I could expect out of my body. I finished with a 3:53:10, which technically would be a BQ for me, but I know it won't be good enough to actually get me back next year. At any rate, I was pleased with my performance and happy to be able to say that I finished the Boston marathon!
  • lporter229
    Options
    @MobyCarp -A sub-40 10k is quite impressive in its own right, but at 60+ years old? That just blows my mind. Well done!!