Go for a run after work

Have a fab day guys, Happy Hump Day!

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    DAY 3:

Hello every and Happy Hump Day! Happy to say that I have managed to lose 3.4 lbs since Monday! Been trying hard with these goals. Although it hasn't been perfect, the effort I am doing is working. Let's hope I can get to last weeks weight by Saturday. In yo face Easter!

lsk10x24wxan.jpg

@lpeltenburg - I hear ya on them calling your name. I had to hide ours because my eyes just kept going back to them. Out of sight out of mind...out of my mouth!!!

@lalajka - thank you. Been bloated here too. All this bad eating has done some bad things to me! Already feeling better though.

@fitphoenix - thank you for taking the time to write. I totally agree with you and this has been my way of thinking throughout my journey. I guess having had so much chocolate already I was trying to go cold turkey on it but i wasn't successful with that. All in moderation is the best approach. Thank you for reminding me.

@MonicaA2013 - let me know how 30 day shred works out for you. I hear lots of good things about it.

@Skipper111 - hope bunny is ok.

MY GOALS:

- COMPLETE 5 WALKS THIS WEEK (INDOOR OR OUTDOOR)
    1/5 WALKS COMPLETED
    - DRINK ATLEAST 3 LITERS OF WATER 7/7 DAYS
    1/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - NO CARBS FOR DINNER 5/7 DAYS
    0/5 DAYS COMPLETED
    - EAT VEGGIES AT EVERY MEAL 5/7 DAYS
    2/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - LOG EVERYTHING IN MY DIARY 7/7 DAYS (THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY)
    2/7 DAYS COMPLETED

103775544.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @mar_moulin Your enthusiasm is catching. I am still reeling from Easter, and it's my birthday tomorrow. :naughty: But I am determined to shift the excess baggage.
    @jdelaroy My Anniversary is on the 25th July, but thanks for the early congrats!

:sunglasses: Spring refocus on goals :sunglasses:I have a plan and I am now on it! Drat Easter and chocolate !!! I put on 4.5lbs, but it's going DOWN!!!

:heart: Weight on 17/4/2017: 160 lbs :trollface::cookie::cookie:
    Goal weight: 152 lbs
    Every day, to help me achieve my weight loss goal, I will:
    :star: Prelog food/follow through. ✅ 3/7. I have already logged what I am going to eat today.
    :star: Do 20+ minutes each of strength/flexibility exercise. ✅ 3/7. 30 minutes lower body work/30 mins Tai Chi done.
    :star: Do 10000+ steps. 2/7. I'm on it!!!
    :star: Drink a minimum of 8 cups liquid. 2/7
    :star: Take part in Sole Mates/GoTs/100 More Days Challenges. 2/7
    :star: Refrain from eating after 8 pm 5/7 days each week. [b1/5[/b]
    :star: Refrain from eating after 9pm 2/7 days of my choice each week. 1/2

80464089.png

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred or as Jackie called it dread lol I made 17 days saw results but my body was in such pain I stopped and switched over to yoga. I suffer from fibromyalgia and it just put my body in a tizzy the pain just never stopped.

Grandma who is 93 broke her femur yesterday will be having surgery today. Kind of like OMG she is going to be horrible to deal with. All she keeps saying is she won't go in assisted living.

Kept to my goals yesterday which was tough as the added stress I was tempted to have a diet coke and do some retail therapy . I held on but just barely hopefully today goes better.
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options

Kept to my goals yesterday which was tough as the added stress I was tempted to have a diet coke and do some retail therapy . I held on but just barely hopefully today goes better.

Good effort on sticking to your goals and I hope your Grandma is ok?

I stress eat awfully if i'm having a bad day. Need to keep on top of it.

Struggling to get back into the swing of things eating wise after Easter weekend. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be back on track :-)

• fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo Sorry to hear about your grandmother's injury. Hope the surgery goes well and recovery is smooth! Changing living arrangements is always rough, but there are lovely options out there!

@mari_moulin I've definitely done cold cut offs after holidays before, so I totally get where you're coming from with that too. Sometimes, it's the best way to stop a bad habit in the short term. I think it was Christmas 2015 where I had to just stop with anything treat-like in January because I wasn't handling it in a moderate way at all. Easter went much better for me this year, and I'm actually eating appropriate-portioned leftovers for dinner this week. So far, so good.

I love Jillian Michaels! I own probably about a dozen of her DVDs and find they keep me motivated and working hard. Since I'm part of another challenge that has weekly exercise challenges and am training for a 5K obstacle course, I decided not to make a 30-day commitment to any one DVD, but 2-3 times per week I do a Jillian workout. Right now, I'm alternating between Ripped in 30 level 1, Beginner Shred level 1, and No More Trouble Zones. I like the variety. :)
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @fitphoenix I don't think I would be able to do the same video for 30 days either. I also get not wanting to be overwhelmed by too many challenges. I am in this one and the other one with you, plus one at my gym. Anymore and I think I would lose it.

Well for some reason I am still not doing great on food. It is like they just keep jumping into my mouth. I expected to go to the gym last night, so I ate like I was going to the gym. Guess what?! You got it no gym. :( I really need to get better at this. I made the mistake of buying some Easter candy on Monday, and now all I am doing is eating it. Maybe I should just throw it away. Didn't do horrible on goals though.

Yesterday's goals:
    UNDER CALORIES :'(
    15000 steps :)
    80 ounces of water :)
    Lunch Walk, no but I made up for it at home, jogged for 30 minutes :)
    School/evening walk :)
    Book work :/ No need to do today
    ** gym time**
    Hogwarts challenge :) Half way done.

Today's goals:
    UNDER CALORIES
    15000 steps
    80 ounces of water
    Lunch Walk
    School/evening walk
    Book work
    Hogwarts challenge
    No messing around at work, I have a lot to do.
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been having some serious problems this week. I'm stress eating and constipation. I've got to get back on track. I'm going focus more on my eating today. No more excuses!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

@jdelaroy I was in that situation once or twice :) planning something and then having your circumstances change is unpleasant but trust me in the long run they don't matter much.

@michelleywardell emotional eating is serious. Pretty much everyone struggles with this. I started changing my line of thinking from "I need some food to manage this" to " thank goodness I can control my eating and make progress at least on one life aspect" it's truly helped me.

Yesterday was good! Took that long walk, accomplished my goals but sleep could have been better; I shouldn't have had an energy drink late in the day but I wanted a boost before training. Lesson learned!

Today's goals are the usual ones: eat within calories/macros, training, chin-ups, steps, water and better sleep.

Let's have a fabulous Wednesday!!!
  • deconstructeddancer
    deconstructeddancer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Do we enter our weight every day in this 100 day challenge? This is my first time in this one.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Do we enter our weight every day in this 100 day challenge? This is my first time in this one.

You can update your weigh any time you like as long as you make sure to do it on the MILESTONE days. The spreadsheet will only recalculate for the MILESTONE weigh in though.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @michelleywardell be sure to get enough water and fiber every day that will help with the regularity problems.

@mari_moulin I have done 30 day shred back when i first started this journey and decided it was time to return. I enjoyed it after i got used to the moves lol. I have also done a lot of her other videos, they are on YouTube so i didn't have to buy the DVD's

I have been CANDY gobbling. My MIL likes to put CANDY all over the house and she always picks my FAVORITE ONES !!! UUUGGGHHH !!! AND its TOM week for me so less control than normal too. TODAY is a new day though and I will try harder to keep myself in control.

Water, calories and exercise are my priority for the day.

Good luck to you all on your daily goals.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,087 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Morning.

@danelutza19, I love your way of think, "I can control my eating and make progress at least on one life aspect" Thanks for sharing, :)

I'm so ready to start getting back to my regular routine, Spending time with my son was fabulous plus my little granddaughter is oneeeee energy bundle, lol. I think I'm in good shape for my age but I'm really sore, lol. My 6 year old grandson, is growing up sooo fast too.

This weekend went okay, just should of made better food choices. Today starts a new week for me and the start of me getting to my maintenance weight!

Goal for today
    1. Morning workout ✅
    2. Hit my protein intake
    3. Catch up on house cleaning
    4. Strength (Hogwarts / Monthly challenge)
    5. No late night snacking
    6. Make grocery list (healthy snacks)
    My MAIN goal is to get to maintenance weight!
    ~~~~I can control my eating and make progress at least on one life aspect~~~
    Overall goals
    1. Get to maintenance weight
    2. Morning workouts
    3. Run 3 days/weekly
    4. No late night snacking
    5. Stay focus even on weekends
    6. Yoga 6 days/weekly
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I really need to concentrate on exercise. My goal for the next 5 days (Wed - Sun) is to get on the elliptical and/or recumbent bike for 20 minutes each day. It will be a start for setting up a routine. Once I find my pedometer I'll start counting steps again.
  • kimmysue100
    kimmysue100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my first time joining a challenge group. My friend has me motivated to get going, and I have a ways to go & need the motivation, so here I am! I actually started tracking my food the last couple of weeks, but was out of state for Easter, so I need to get back to it! I figure this challenge group is just what I need. :smile:

Goals for this week
    *Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    *log/journal everything that goes into my mouth!
    *exercise at least 3 days for 30 mins (I'm really bad at this one, so figure this is a start)
    *stay at or below calorie limit for each day
    *get 6-7 hrs of sleep a night (I'm also bad at this one, I'm a night owl!)

Today I will
    *journal
    *plan meals for the rest of the week
    *drink my water & stay within my calorie goal

I look forward to getting closer to my goal! Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • elagro
    elagro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went to my personal training class. Was not in the mood at all but it ended up being great. I feel it today though.
    Goal for today:
    1. Ride my bike to work.
    2. Stay within my calories
    3. Sign up for the October ride

I used to do 30 day shred. Lasted over 3 months. Now I live in a tiny space so I have my gym and bike as exercise.

Problem is, I get hungry when I workout hard. Defeats the purpose????
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @kimmysue100 welcome and well done on commiting to a challenge. You have really well defined goals so I'm sure you'll be successful!
    @elagro personal training sessions are tough! you really have to do the work, cos there is nowhere to hide. But it always feels great at the end :)
    @2020pinktogo sorry to hear about your grandmother. How did the surgery go?

Today I had another low energy day. I don't know why, it might be the weather, it's windy and cold and makes me want to stay under my blanket and watch tv all day. I didn't do any real exercise, but I did drink my water and eat healthy and stayed under my limit. Let's call it a rest day.

My goals:

1. Cut down on sweets
    2. Up my water intake to at least 2 liters a day
    3. Exercise at least 5 times a week
    4. Lift/strength train
    5. Work on doing 5 military push-ups in a row
    6. Work on doing at least one pull-up
    7. Eat healthy home cooked meals
    8. Start and finish Yoga Camp
    9. Get back on my MTB
    10. Lose 4.5 kg (10 lbs)

Achieved on day 3: 1, 2, 7.
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Today has not been a good day for my snacking :-( the morning was right on track, afternoon can only be described as a disaster!!!

I managed 30 Day Shred when I got home, but nowhere near enough to undo my eating :-(

New day tomorrow! Keep on track guys :-D
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Finally getting a chance to check in. I went to the dentist this morning and I've been playing catch up at work ever since!! Finally feel under control!!

Yesterday was another good day. I ate very well, got in over 10,000 steps and did yoga. Today is going to be harder getting in 10,000 steps since I didn't have a lunch break and get my walk in. It's also raining here (boo!!) it's 3:30 and I only have 2,615 steps so far. Time to walk around the building to get extra steps in. But I'm going to try my hardest!!

Have a great rest of the day!!!

Today's goals:
    10,000 + steps today
    Water, water, water
    Pre-log food and follow my plan to the "T"
    Yoga!!!
    Eat under 50 grams net carbs

Main Goals:
    Start running again
    Yoga!!! 6 - 7 days a week!
    Eat low carb
    Get back to 135 lbs where I felt great and looked great! I have some pants that are just a tiny bit too tight :smiley:
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @kimmysue100 welcome! Glad you're giving this a shot, every little bit of motivation and support helps tremendously!

Good evening everyone! Didn't have a chance to write this morning, but yesterday I met all of my goals except #6. walking the neighborhood (3 of us biked instead) and #8 I fell asleep before I could read anything! But the rest of the goals were met, so I think I'm ahead of the game!

Day 2 Goals:
    1. Log my meals and eat accordingly
    2. Drink 6-8 glasses of water
    3. Take my vitamins
    4. Get in at least 30 minutes of exercise and 10,000-12,000 steps
    5. Journal
    6. Walk the neighborhood with our pup!
    7. Office Depot for printer ink and planner for vacation!
    8. Begin reading tonight!

Day 3 Goals:
    1. Log my meals and eat accordingly. (I cheated a bit tonight - stupid biscuits and gravy Lays I bought today for the kids)
    2. Drink 6-8 glasses of water (managed to get those in already)
    3. Take my vitamins (done)
    4. Get in 30 minutes of exercise and 10,000-12,000 steps (done and an additional 30 min. of core exercises done)
    5. Journal (working on this now)
    6. Office Depot to return items that didn't work (done)
    7. Begin reading tonight! Already read one chapter today so done!

Can't wait to see what's in store for me tomorrow! Hope everyone had a terrific Wednesday!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    @elagro, do you eat back any of your exercise calories (or how have you set up your calorie goal), what are your macros like, and how much water do you drink? I'm wondering if you should be eating at least some back, if you're confusing hunger with thirsts (our bodies do this sometimes, signalling thirst in a way that we interpret as hunger), or if you should up your protein so that you'll feel full longer. Ideally, exercising shouldn't lead to you feeling hungry all the time!