Active April 2017 Challenge: Week 3 (4/15-4/21)

Options

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby goats! We now have 6 new peeps and 2 ducklings, but they came from Southern States :smile: . I did not get a lot of walking in over the weekend and I did go slightly off plan yesterday. I'm right back on track today, though.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    My Active April challenge was to do 540km on my bike for the month (average 18km / day), while also continuing to be under my carb and calorie goals.

After 16 days, I'm well ahead of schedule on the bike, with 315km on the odometer for the month. I've kept under my calorie goal, and was under my carb goal every day except today. It was a family get-together and while I avoided the chocolates and sweets, I did indulge in some carby snack-type food. No regrets though, it was tasty and I'll be good again starting right now. :smile:

Finally, Sundays are my weigh-in days, and as of this morning I'm down another 1 lb. That's 158 lbs so far, and 97 lbs left to hit my goal.

New profile pic I see. You look quite different - younger, actually. Great job on your progress so far!
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    New profile pic I see. You look quite different - younger, actually. Great job on your progress so far!

Thanks very much!
  • reneemmadden
    reneemmadden Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I had a fantastic Easter Weekend. I know I went over on my carbs, but it was family weekend and I went so far as to take off my Shine and just enjoy it (only 3 bites of my momma's famous grilled potatoes and one slice/no crust of homemade cheesecake.) Put my tracker back on this morning and still lost a bit over a pound in the past week (Monday Weigh-ins!) I finished week 2 at 16.0 miles, up from 9 week one (but short 2 days.) More gardening to come this week!
    April 3: 196.4
    April10: 193.4
    April 17 192.4
  • cstehansen
    Options
    For the last week, I managed to stay under 15k steps every day and over 10k except 1. My BG readings were nearly flat from the previous week except I had much higher readings on Saturday for some reason. Can't figure out what happened, but it was running 10-25 mg/dl higher all day through Sunday morning. Seems to have gone back down to close to what it had run most of the week by after lunch on Sunday.

With the lower activity, my average resting heart rate increased again. It is still at a healthy rate, but I am wondering how much further it will increase. I also checked my BP at one of those kiosks at the store and it was a little higher than normal. Again, still healthy level, just higher than I am used to seeing.

I will continue through the end of April with trying to keep activity levels down from what they used to be and continue to monitor everything. My BG is still my primary metric, but if there is only minimal improvement there for the month and I am moving in the wrong direction elsewhere, I may need to move back to my normal activity level.

So far I have been successful in reducing food enough to remain in my maintenance range.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    3 mile tempo run this morning and also walked for over 2 hrs this afternoon, so I'm at just under 22,000 steps! Definitely a record for me (at least since I've had a Fitbit).
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    4/17: Strength 41 min. Total body

Active April 16/17
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options
    Managed 3 miles overall yesterday.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    4/17 I did strong lift work out a in the morning. I walked three different times for a total of 4.6 miles. I finished the evening with my kettle bell workout. Carbs and calories were excellent!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi! Checking in with my walk today. 1 mile at lunch. Eating my left over roasted turkey from Easter. Thinking today is probably the last day. Super dry after I microwaved the heck out of it in the café. At least it's protein and keeping me out of all the goodies here at work. I'm down 4 pounds since March 18th. So things seem to be heading in the right direction again. My carbs still creeping up to 100, but I'm going lower and lower gradually.
    Carry on!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Stayed home from work sick today which I rarely do...I think I was just exhausted because I've slept nearly all day. No workout as a result, but I should be better equipped to get up at 4 tomorrow :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    On target to hit 10,000 steps today.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    4/17-rest 4/18-iso strength chisel
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Stayed home from work sick today which I rarely do...I think I was just exhausted because I've slept nearly all day. No workout as a result, but I should be better equipped to get up at 4 tomorrow :)

Hope you are feeling better after the rest.

4/18: 66min worth of power walking videos from Jessica Smith.
    Active April: 18/19
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    @baconslave Thanks lady! I am. :) I was able to get up and to the gym this morning. 4/19 is a success!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options
    1.5 miles in yesterday.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    mmmmm. halfway through the working week and I'm at 0 running miles. I've had functions every night this week. Should be able to do something though tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. Running buddy (dog) would love it if we made those 4 mile days.....lol
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Cadori Nice job getting 'er done! Feels great to start the day off with a workout. Although, I wouldn't know. I went out with the ladies from work last night. The good news is I avoided the bread which everyone said 'was to die for' Whatevs. I also ordered a $15 dollar, 2 tablespoons of Yellow Fin Tuna Poke meal. I was going to get the fried clams, so I made a better choice, even though the place was waaaay overpriced for what you got. The bad news is a had a couple glasses of wine and now I don't feel so good. Haven't had breakfast yet. Ugg! It's going to be a long day for me.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    @Cadori Nice job getting 'er done! Feels great to start the day off with a workout. Although, I wouldn't know. I went out with the ladies from work last night. The good news is I avoided the bread which everyone said 'was to die for' Whatevs. I also ordered a $15 dollar, 2 tablespoons of Yellow Fin Tuna Poke meal. I was going to get the fried clams, so I made a better choice, even though the place was waaaay overpriced for what you got. The bad news is a had a couple glasses of wine and now I don't feel so good. Haven't had breakfast yet. Ugg! It's going to be a long day for me.

Funny they should use that expression since they just might if they keep eating it.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I've been doing really badly in terms of movement since I gave blood on Monday. I'm used to taking it easy the day of but ended up in a really bad "crash" mode on Tuesday. :( I'm not sure what I did wrong since I made sure to hydrate/fuel on Sunday and Monday. But Tuesday all I did was sleep (literally wake up, pee, eat a bit, drink a bottle of water and go back to sleep). I'm making sure I get my hourly steps in today but holy hell yesterday sucked. :( Has anyone else experienced that after giving blood??