Active April 2017 Challenge: Week 3 (4/15-4/21)

Options

Replies

• awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    4/18 Rest Day
    4/19 OTF Endurance Day (60 Minutes, 946 Calories)

Today I did 600 meters on the rower in 2 minutes, 22 seconds. Idk if that is good or bad but it seems impressive lol. At least now I have a base line.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,143 Member
    Options
    4/18 Kettlebell workout in the morning and evening. A 2 mile walk in the afternoon. Kettlebell workout in the evening. Carbs and calories were good.
    4/19 Stronglift workout B in the morning. Only walked a mile. Kettlebell workout in the evening. Blew the carbs and calories for the day!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    4/20 - planned rest day - and I DID IT!!! Yay me!!!! :lol:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    4/19:strength training done. Jessica Smith videos.
    Active April: 18/19
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm going to finish up the week strong, despite a Tuesday night blip, I'm doing OK.
    Going for a walk in a few minutes before the rain starts. Carpe Diem!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I got in 1.5 miles yesterday. If it doesn't rain this evening I will try to get in a walk since I have to take the kids somewhere anyway. Depends on how dark it is, though. The park near where they live is sometimes sketchy but should be fine in daylight.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got 10 of 14 hour step goals done. Seems like the 9am and 2pm hour are a little iffy so aiming to improve that today and tomorrow.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,143 Member
    Options
    4/20 Kettlebell workout in the morning and evening. BG&A's in the afternoon. Three walks for a total of 6 miles. Carbs and calories were good.
  • baconslave
    Options
    4/20: Staggered in circles up and down the hills of my yard for an hour, ducking suddenly when a bee made a drunken swerve, and with many nonsense interruptions from the offspring.

Active April: 19/20
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Not feeling great. I've had a sore throat for two days and just blah. Rested yesterday. Today I did iso speed hammer.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Today I did strength and walked over 12k steps.
  • awaywewander
    Options
    4/20 OTF Endurance/Strength/Power Day (60 minutes 879 calories burned)

This morning the number on the scale was 197.8 pounds.

Getting ready now to go get an adjustment at the chiropractor and then off to another OTF class.
  • baconslave
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Not feeling great. I've had a sore throat for two days and just blah. Rested yesterday. Today I did iso speed hammer.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    This week I was still averaging 100g carbs/day and my calories are up near 2,000. It's a wonder I'm not gaining weight like crazy. I am walking lots more so that is helping. This is harder this time for some reason. Coming out with a "0" net gain/loss this week, due to some poor choices. There is nothing that should provide any temptations this weekend. So back at it for another week. Rest up for those who need it. Have a great weekend.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    This week I was still averaging 100g carbs/day and my calories are up near 2,000. It's a wonder I'm not gaining weight like crazy. I am walking lots more so that is helping. This is harder this time for some reason. Coming out with a "0" net gain/loss this week, due to some poor choices. There is nothing that should provide any temptations this weekend. So back at it for another week. Rest up for those who need it. Have a great weekend.

It is good you are moving more. One thing to remember is if you are moving more, your muscles are growing. You don't have to have them grow to the point of looking like a body builder for the shift from fat to muscle to make positive differences such as better cardiovascular health, better metabolism and reduced size since muscle is denser than fat. Even more important is exercise is shown to be the best way of "browning" fat. If you are not familiar with the difference between white fat and brown fat, you can use Google to get some pretty good info on it. Short version is brown fat is denser, has more mitochondria (used for burning fat/ketones), increases your metabolism.

If you are more active but staying even in weight, that is not necessarily a bad thing is all I am saying.
  • awaywewander
    Options
    4/21 OTF Strength Day 60 minutes, 814 calories
  • laurenj915
    laurenj915 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party but...

I completed a Zgym workout MTWThF
    Zgym challenge- 100 kettlebell swings everyday for 30 days. I am already on day 24!! How does my butt look? ;)
    And I ran 2 miles Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    This was theoretically rest day, but I walked over 15k steps, including a bit of a hike with DH. (We tried to go canoeing but found out after we got to the park that the river was too high so no canoe rentals today. :( ) So we went hiking instead.
  • jayerde
    jayerde Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Getting back into it(ish) this week:

15- 6,721 steps, no extra exercise so not a great day.
    16- 6,702 steps, 1.5 hours of Yoga
    17- 8,323 steps, 30 minutes of Zumba, which my Vivofit reckons was actually running 2.57km.
    18- 6,613 steps, took me 40 minutes to kick-scooter home.
    19- 12,048 steps, so only meet my goal of 10,000+ steps once this week. This was probably thanks to the 35 minutes of kick-scootering (yay I got faster) and the 50 minutes of aquacise.
    20- 6,848 steps, Took the bus to work but scootered to and from the bus stops which took about 10 minutes. 30 minutes of Circuit training to leave me aching, 35 minute scoot home.
    21- 3960 steps, rest day because all my leg muscles were so sore I couldn't tell if I had any joint pain. No scooting or extra exercise.

So didn't meet my step goal but managed to meet my scooter goals and exceed my group exercise. Woo go me! :)
  • baconslave
    Options
    laurenj915 wrote: »
    I'm late to the party but...

I completed a Zgym workout MTWThF
    Zgym challenge- 100 kettlebell swings everyday for 30 days. I am already on day 24!! How does my butt look? ;)
    And I ran 2 miles Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Welcome!