Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't use any cooking spray with parchment unless I am looking to make something extra crispy. Craft stores carry parchment if you can't find it at the grocery store, usually in their cake decorating department.
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I found the turkey chili recipe! Am making it again tonight. It's pretty good, but I make it with half ground beef and half turkey. It tastes a little too bland for me with just turkey. http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/healthy-turkey-chili/
  • DukeCrunchySocks
    DukeCrunchySocks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Obviously I'm on a fermentation kick, today I'm going to make sauerkraut for the first time. The down side is that it takes weeks to 'get ready'.

Totally wroth it. Doesn't taste at all like the stuff in the stores. I wouldn't be able to stick to my diet without my sauerkraut, solves my munchies.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Here's a dessert idea that I use a lot!

Fruit of choice - 1 apple, pear, plum, peach or 1 to 1/2 cups of raspberries, blueberries, cherries, etc - or mix several kinds!

1 tsp to 1 Tbsp of butter or coconut oil
    1 Tbsp oats
    1 or 2 tsp chopped nuts
    1 tsp to 1 Tbsp of sweetener of choice (truvia brown sugar or maple syrup are best) - OPTIONAL

Heat oven to about 375 degrees F.

Wash your fruit of choice, then core and either slice or chunk as necessary.

Spray a ramekin with cooking spraying and put your fruit in it.

Melt the butter or oil (the amount is to your taste and calorie needs).

Mix the melted butter in a small bowl with the oats and chopped nuts. Sprinkle over top of the fruit.

Bake soft fruit for about 20 minutes, until hot. Bake harder fruits longer - you want them nice and soft.

Eat as is, or you can put a little almond milk in it or top with a little bit of ice cream.

I've also mixed the fruit with a little bit of water and about 1 tsp of flour to give it a pie-filling consistency. The sweetener is purely optional; you can eliminate it all together if you'd like.

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jirachii wrote: »
    Ooo sauerkraut. Tell me how that goes :lol: for me, the stuff is either really good on a sandwich, or one of the most disgustingly pungent foods known to mankind. There is no middle. Fermenting stuff sounds fun though, to be honest!

The sauerkraut turned out well after 3 wks fermenting. My challenge is I'm not sure when/how to eat it, I forget about it and it sits in the fridge
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This is currently a favorite recipe of mine. It makes a huge pot and I ate on it for days-- definitely more than 4 servings in my house.

https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-sloppy-joes/

• dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Easy go to lunch... let me know what you all think.
    1 can no salt corn
    1 can albacore/tuna
    1 to 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
    Whatever seasoning, I prefer it without extra seasonings

So easy. Around 400 to 450 calories and I feel really full afterwards. Of course corn is only kinda a veggie, but when time is tight this has been super easy and yummy.