April Challenge

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I'm still so sorry your back is in bad shape :( And I really hope your stress starts to decrease soon! How is everything going with your MIL? Is there anything you can treat yourself to that would help with your stress, like a bath or something?
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 ugh I'm with you on the sweets. My mom sent us some sugar cookies for Easter and there is something so comforting about eating my mom's cookies these days. So I ate and ate and ate them...along with some candy, ice cream, and a cupcake yesterday. Maybe you can take a day off work soon to help recuperate after all of the craziness? We had Friday off and it was an amazing staycation day. I think we could all use a little time to reflect, unwind, and make plans.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the love everyone! I stated low carb all day today and expect to see a drop on the scale tomorrow. If I just keep doing that, one day at a time I'll be in good shape.

A day off sounds great! Planning a huge family vacation in August with my parents, 3 sisters, and their spouses and children. Really hoping I'm pregnant by then or announce at the beach! As much as I don't want to wait, I don't see two of my sister's​ or their families often since they are so far away...To announce in person would be so special :)

As for the back issue...7am physical therapy tomorrow!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    So far I am not going to reach my goals for the month.
    I apparently stopped exercising all together.
    And I am not gaining enough weight.
    I'm a little freaked out since not gaining enough is linked to higher infant mortality rates in the first year. I did talk to the midwives about it and they're not worried but I can't really help but worry.

Anyway.. here is my progress:
    Exercise days this month = 0 :(
    April 5 - 152.6
    April 12 - 153.4
    April 19 - 153.4

Goal is 157.9 by April 26. Doubt I'm going to gain 4.5 lbs of real weight in a week.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    4/4 actual: 193
    4/17: 196
    4/19: 192. Huh? Lol. I ate low carb and on the road (literally all 3 meals yesterday were eaten in my car) I'll take it. Belly is much less bloated and doesn't hurt anymore. Yay!

Katie, you can have the 4# I lost! Kidding aside, if your midwife isn't worried, then I wouldn't either. Worrying isnt good for the baby either. Hugs!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Kirstie155 thanks! I'd take the weight haha. Maybe I should stop weighing myself so much. I wonder if it's messing with me in the reverse way it usually does hahah.
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Not a great month for me, we have been away and I stacked on the pounds, have been spending all week trying to get them off! Nearly there but still 1lb up from the start of the month :neutral:@VeryKatie try not to put too much emphasis on the number on the scale, as long as you are eating enough and not going hungry I'm sure your body just takes over and burns/stores what it needs and feeds your bubba! (Just my thoughts anyway). I've never heard that stat though, maybe the data is skewed by women who don't eat enough calories or who are sick throughout their pregnancy?

Sounds like April has been a struggle for most of us...still 10 days to reign it in!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    fit mamma dont be so hard on yourself! As you said, we have all had a rough month and you still have 10 days to make good decisions.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. You've got this lady :)
  • 1fit_mamma
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks @Kristie155 :) just frustrating as I had this "non-negotiable" goal before TTC but it seems silly to hold off a for a few pounds (only 5 away). Just going to work as hard as I can for the next few weeks before the waiting game begins, and need to get back on the spreadsheet although it kills me to only have 1/2 the months data filled in haha
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Apr 1st 149.7
    Apr 8th 149.9
    Apr 15th 149.2
    Apr 22nd 148.3

Goal weight end of April 145.7

Not looking good for my goal this month. Don't really understand why - I've been working hard on increasing my exercise, and have been sticking to my calorie goal. If I don't hit the goal I'll look back at some old logs to see what I'm doing differently. Hoping for a big whoosh in the last week!
  • 1fit_mamma
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Still on a downward trend @samlovesthesnow, and maybe some muscle gain with extra exercise? Keep it up!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Weigh In:

April 1st: 203
    April 8th: 202.2
    April 15th: 204.4
    April 22nd: 202.6

Goal:

April 30th: 199

• Kirstie155
    Options
    4/4 actual: 193
    4/17: 196
    4/19: 192
    4/24: 194

Its been a food filled weekend, and we have had a lot of stressful things happen as well. We are really just trying to keep our heads above water at this point in my house.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    3/24 - 162
    4/7 - 162.5
    4/14 - 163
    4/25 - 163

I'm a little over 8 weeks along and have gained 1 pound so far. I'm feeling better in general, but still struggling with a lot of food not sounding appealing. I've been eating SO MANY CARBS and simple things (bagels, toast, cheerios, cookies, pizza) because its all that sounds good. I've been able to manage some fruit but not many vegetables, which I'm trying to include more of.

I have my first doctor's appointment this afternoon and we should get an ultrasound! Things will feel much more real to me if that little nugget has a heartbeat and all other tests are positive.

@Kirstie155 I really hope that you get some relief from the doctor and that everything else settles for you soon. At least for me, its impossible to focus on healthy eating and weightloss when I'm really stressed. Sending lots of happy thoughts your way!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    @jennamae102 How did your doctors appointment go?
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Exercise days this month = 1 (out of a desired 12)
    April 5 - 152.6
    April 12 - 153.4
    April 19 - 153.4
    April 26 - 154.2
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am 3.7 pounds away from my goal today. Hoped to hit 258 and am at 261.7

I set a pretty steep goal that I figured I could hit if I kept on point all month, but that didn't happen. I had two weekends that I overindulged and many days (mainly due to weather) that I didn't hit my step goals. Despite that, progress is still being made. I am down 16 pounds since March and on track to be down 50+ by the time we TTC mid-late summer.

• WifiresGettingFit
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow If you're increasing the amount of exercise you're doing, I would say it's probably water retention or hormones could also be causing water retention as well. If you aren't already maybe start taking measurements or progress pictures - the scale isn't the only measure of success! or just focus on how you've been feeling!

@jennamae102 It's good to hear that you're feeling better!

@Kirstie155 I hope things improve for you soon! HUGS!

@VeryKatie well 1 is better better than 0! haha

@SheilAnneSmith Awesome progress!

As for my April progress, well the official weigh in isn't until Saturday but I'm likely not going to make my goal for the end of the month. Way too many days where I overindulged (as usual haha) but I am headed in the right direction again according to TrendWeight so at least there is that.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 the appointment went well! We got an ultrasound and I'm actually measuring a little ahead of where I thought, so I was 9+1, with a due date of 11/27. I started hysterically laughing and crying as soon as we saw the screen, because it was just this massive sense of relief and shock haha. I've started calling the baby ducky now, because the hands were up in front of the face and it looked like a duck bill to me.

The only negative thing from the appointment was that I have a cyst on my right ovary. The tech said these are pretty common and usually go away on their own, but mine appears abnormal so I have to go back again in 2 weeks for another ultrasound to see if it has changed at all.

This actually feels much more real to me now, and we're planning to announce to our families over Mother's Day weekend!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @jennamae102 I'm glad your appointment went well, hopefully the cyst will take care of itself! Keep us updated and congratulations again! =)
This discussion has been closed.