Let's call it a science experiment....

Options
2»

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Liquidfeet wrote: »
    You can try pizza eggs; either scrambled or open faced omelette style with the sauce, cheese and toppings. It really helps cut down the pizza cravings. Or maybe try making a mini pizza in a portabella mushroom and baking it.

I really need to try this.
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    Actually, I've been de-frocked.

A pity, it was a nice one with roses an' sequins an' stuff....

I was thinking we could have a clergy support group with keto friendly snacks at the meetings. I do know of one other priest on the forum who may or may not wish to be outed (and so I won't).

I'm a Reverend :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I'm a Reverend :)

There's a rather portly collection of folks here who are distinctly irreverent...
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott , remember what they say: Point one finger and 3 others are pointing back at you.... :p
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options

I feel like Elvis would approve!

Uh-huh-huh, he shur would....
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott , remember what they say: Point one finger and 3 others are pointing back at you.... :p

Actually, thanks to recent hand surgery those 3 fingers point at my cat, regardless of whatever they might say.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Oh, so now it's *kitten*'s fault...? :D
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options

I feel like Elvis would approve!

Uh-huh-huh, he shur would....

How about Liberace'!! He'd approve and add more sequins!

• castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I like the Soul Bread pizza crust, which uses whey protein isolate powder instead of almond flour. The recipe as written makes a very thick crust, so I usually divide it into two or three pans, bake all the crusts, then top and freeze whatever I'm not using immediately.

Deep Dish Soul Bread Pizza
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    And I'm back to my weight I was before the binge. One day elevated. Not bad! Granted, it was a 2000 calorie binge, which is nothing compared to what I used to do, but I'm pleased that the crazy high carbs didn't kill me for days.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Well, I was up 1.2lbs today, but otherwise I feel great. No sluggishness or fogginess. No headache. And best yet? No desire to have lots of carbs! I'm pretty pleased with how well that all went. I'll be interested to see how long this extra pound lingers, but I'm certainly not stressing over it.

Sounds about like my experience when I was running CKD. Every Friday night, I'd slam down either a whole medium pizza and order of breadsticks, or about nine different maki rolls. Eventually though, the combining of high carb, high fat and high sodium started to make me feel like *kitten*.

I want to say that I made it for about two months before it finally caught up with me hard.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    And I'm back to my weight I was before the binge. One day elevated. Not bad! Granted, it was a 2000 calorie binge, which is nothing compared to what I used to do, but I'm pleased that the crazy high carbs didn't kill me for days.

I'm glad to hear someone else is not in total angst after eating a bunch of carbs. I've never been and just recently, as an n=1 experiment, intentionally ate over 240 carbs. No headache. No disruptive digestive tract. No weight gain. No bloating. No nausea. I was a little sluggish. No doubt about that.

I have no intention of eating high carb again as a W.O.E. or even on a semi-regular basis but did up my daily total from 20-30 ish to 50. Also upped my protein (which was probably lower than most) and reduced fat a bit.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yep, I normally aim to stay below 50, and I believe my pizza bash put me up around 270g. Definitely not something I'm planning on doing even on a monthly basis, just because I still have plenty of weight to lose, but it's nice knowing I CAN if I want to on a rare occasion.