Low Carbers - What are your macros set as

Options
2»

Replies

• clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My goal is fat loss/muscle preservation. Macros 20 c, 59 f and 79 p, 9% c, 57% f and 34% p for a calorie total of 927.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Macros are 5% carb, 75% fat and 20% protein at 1300 calories. Nice that MFP keeps track for me as long as I am logging. Usually, I preplan tomorrow's meals the night before which takes out all the guess work.

My goals are maintaining healthy glucose, A1c and lipid levels. Last year, I was about to be diagnosed diabetic, switched to ketogenic and now my levels are normal. Lipid levels improved significantly, too. Also weight loss. Had 108 pounds to lose and am now down to about 60 pounds to lose. It's slow but eating this way eliminates my cravings. Looking at this as a lifestyle rather than a diet helps. The excess fat will be gone eventually.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    for about 3 years i aimed and was close to 10 carb, 55 fat and 35 protein. over the last year i have upped carbs and see I'm hitting closer to 30 carbs, 40 fat and 30 protein with maintaining weight...seems to be a TON of carbs, but most are fruits, veggies, non dairy ice cream..etc...i do eat a single serving a chips a few times a week which i NEVER would of done a year ago! been between 118-125 for the last 6 months with the carb increase. Im older though and not very active, so i try to stick to 1350 calories...
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    for about 3 years i aimed and was close to 10 carb, 55 fat and 35 protein. over the last year i have upped carbs and see I'm hitting closer to 30 carbs, 40 fat and 30 protein with maintaining weight...seems to be a TON of carbs, but most are fruits, veggies, non dairy ice cream..etc...i do eat a single serving a chips a few times a week which i NEVER would of done a year ago! been between 118-125 for the last 6 months with the carb increase. Im older though and not very active, so i try to stick to 1350 calories...

I am curious as to how you feel with your protein being around 35?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Currently maintaining at roughly 1600 calories per day:

65% fat (usually somewhere between 105-115g)
    25% protein (usually somewhere between 100-110g)
    10% carbs (40g/day)
  • melbybs1
    melbybs1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Carbs: <20 gm/day
    Fat: minimum 70%
    Protein: <30%