For women with PCOS - How long before you saw results?

Options
2»

Replies

• MySweetLavinia
    MySweetLavinia Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @GaleHawkins thank you for the support! I don't have a lot of support in everyday life so this makes a real difference in my day. This is such a nice community! :)
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    liadin I was just put on something g by nd for thyroid and my BP is all the sudden high I didn't make the connection...did your BP go up?
  • Liadin123
    Liadin123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    treehugnmama - I've never had a problem with my BP personally... I don't think anyway. But my thyroid meds made me really ancy and my heart race.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Liadin123 wrote: »
    I had gone to a naturopath who tested all my thyroid, she thought it was a bit low even though it was called "normal" by my doc... and put me on meds to increase it, but the meds made my heart race and they were awful. So I just don't know.... I so wish I could just pay to have tests sometimes... but I can't argue with our medical system - I guess every "system" has a downside though! Here's to hoping everything gets better for the both of us though!

@Liadin123 - was it a NDT? If so, you probably need to start with a lower dose and slowly build up. My doc FINALLY just switched me and that was one of the warnings. I've been told if you start at the lowest dose and go up slowly, you avoid most of that reaction. So far I'm not having it, but I take BP meds because of BCP triggered HBP...