May Challenge...Sneak Peek

Options
Mjtckwnow
Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
Just wanted to give a sneak peak of the May Monthly Challenge so that you can get prepared if need be.....

For May we will be doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred! That's right, we are going to see amazing results at the end of May!

You do NOT need to have this DVD to take part in this challenge. The workouts are available on youtube.com and I'll post the link to each week. I have completed this program before and I do not have the DVD and have solely used the youtube links. You will need hand weights and a yoga mat (mat not 100% necessary) to complete this series.

The workout lasts 30 days and there are 3 workouts. It is up to you how many times you complete each workout but I will post guidelines for you to follow or adapt as needed. You can of course adapt each workout as necessary & modify for lower impact. If you have been following the 2 previous monthly challenges, you should be ready to tackle this in some form.

I'll also add an alternative May free weight challenge TBD, in case the 30 Day Shred is above your current fitness level.

This is our "all in" for end of challenge results....google 30 Day Shred Results and get inspired! We've been building towards this and we can do it!

**if you want to purchase the dvd (not neccessary) you can get it on Amazon for under $10**

f7p9zka19ywx.png

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have the dvd but have never made it past the 1st level...probably since I never make it more than 3 days before I want to do something else.
    It is a tough workout but really good at giving you some modifications.
  • hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    7bcnpyg4p4d8.jpg

Woo hoo! Look what I had on my DVD shelf. Have never even popped it in the DVD player, but I'm pumped to do so now and hear about everyone's results!
  • hannahhooter
    Options
    Does anyone have recommendations on where to get a good set of hand weights? I've been wanting to buy some for awhile and this is the perfect excuse to do so. Lol
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I modified level one of this dvd to use as my "floor routine". I use this on my non running days and do more reps and use heavier weights. I never really liked the other levels so I do what works. :smile: I also found that I don't lose weight with this workout but I sure do shrink and firm up. I can't argue with the results so I keep coming back to it.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to have this new challenge. I have been following another thread this month doing this DVD but I feel like I've been there alone the last couple of months. I am so glad to have this group along for next month. YEAH.. Thanks MJT.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Dumb app...didn't most my msg this morning :s anyway...long story short. I started it and got 10 days in and didn't finish it. 2nd go round hopefully will be better. It DID GET HARD! I tend to run from "hard"...I know. I'm mental!
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Dumb app...didn't most my msg this morning :s anyway...long story short. I started it and got 10 days in and didn't finish it. 2nd go round hopefully will be better. It DID GET HARD! I tend to run from "hard"...I know. I'm mental!

Jessica- the way you are killing the LBD and FW challenges, you are going to kill the 30 Day Shred. We will get through it together!!!!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Does anyone have recommendations on where to get a good set of hand weights? I've been wanting to buy some for awhile and this is the perfect excuse to do so. Lol

Amazon, wal-Mart, any discount sporting goods store. I would recommend a lighter set (3-5 lbs) for this due to the number of reps
  • hannahhooter
    Options
    [quote=

Amazon, wal-Mart, any discount sporting goods store. I would recommend a lighter set (3-5 lbs) for this due to the number of reps

Thanks!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    @hannahhooter Do you have a TJ Maxx? My local one has a great workout section including hand weights and kettlebells
  • hannahhooter
    Options
    @Mjtckwnow

I live in a tiny town with no decent stores :neutral: I may check Walmart, but I should have clarified that I need online recommendations. I'll look into Amazon for sure like @TheCupcakeCounter suggested.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    @Mjtckwnow

I live in a tiny town with no decent stores :neutral: I may check Walmart, but I should have clarified that I need online recommendations. I'll look into Amazon for sure like @TheCupcakeCounter suggested.

Tons of great options on Amazon
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Thanks Karen...NOW IM REALLY EXCITED!!!!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Mjtckwnow wrote: »
    @Mjtckwnow

Tons of great options on Amazon

Yes - I am an Amazon addict! I got my 25 & 35 lb kettle bell, 18lb weighted bar, 12 lb med ball, my bosu, and several dvds at Amazon. The Amazon basics line is really quite good and a lot cheaper.
    Looking at weighted hula hoops right now if anyone has one they really like I am open to recommendations. Think a hula hoop would be really easy to do while watching tv as well as the mini-challenge.
This discussion has been closed.