Why am I not losing??

Options
sasaar
sasaar Posts: 36 Member
I've been in ketosis for a few weeks, sticking to my macros and haven't been able to hover beyond my natural weight of 129.4. I don't feel like my clothes are fitting differently. I need help! What can I do??
1200 cal/ day
20 g net carbs
94-110g fat
64g protein

☹️☹️☹️

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If you're at 129.4 I'd say you're close to maintenance, if not there. If that's the case your weight loss will slow down. If you're wanting to see inches gone, you might consider adding certain exercises in, if you don't do them already. Weight lifting, pilates, yoga, something of that nature.
  • sasaar
    sasaar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you're at 129.4 I'd say you're close to maintenance, if not there. If that's the case your weight loss will slow down. If you're wanting to see inches gone, you might consider adding certain exercises in, if you don't do them already. Weight lifting, pilates, yoga, something of that nature.

My starting weight was 132, my goal weight is around 120. I'm 5"2.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If it were me I would try increasing protein by about 30g and cutting fat accordingly to keep calories stable.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    That close to goal you may see the scale slowing down. I haven't experienced this myself, seeing as I'm nowhere near goal, but that's what I've read. I second the suggestion about protein, especially if you exercise or plan to.
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm one of the people that will have gain / loss of the same weight for several weeks and then randomly drop 5lbs. Some people don't have steady losses, a huge chunk comes off one day. That being said, I'm very big but I've only lost 20lbs out of 100lbs. But I am dramatically smaller than 2 months ago. Get a measuring tape and take pics :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    If not any or all of the above....it appears you are eating at maintenance level calories.

If you're not weighing or measuring your food intake, it might be beneficial to start. If you are sedentary and old (63) like me, 1200 may be a bit too many calories for weight loss @ 5'2". I'm rarely one to advise people to cut calories.

My preferred mode is to 1st ensure accuracy of intake. 2nd is to add a little exercise. Exercise is beneficial to your over all health and even a brisk walk a few times a week (if you're able) will help with the calories-out part. Cutting calories is #3 (IMO) so my least favored when already at a low caloric intake. Food is fuel. Food is medicine. A body needs to be fed.

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    No, @Sunny_Bunny_, not sick of it at all. It's an inspiration.
    I've lost weight on my wrists (my watch keeps turning so that the watch-face is on the palm side) and off my fingers and hands, too - I can slip off a silver bracelet without undoing it (I won't lose it, it's still a case of pulling it over the base thumb-knuckle) and my wedding and engagement ring are happily turning quite freely, but again, the finger knuckle is preventing a mishap loss.... So far....
    Face is a bit thinner (doing the exercises!) and - don't laugh - my feet are thinner too!
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    This question/concern comes up so much! I understand, I was there too. First comment have is, you made a specific point to call out "net carbs". To get losing again, I would change for a while to "total carbs". This could get you back on track and ensure that you are not over-carbing it.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    'slight' change...?! You're kidding, right? I see a great change! *Round of applause and a big hug!!*
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    less fat in the lower back, less fat around the ribcage and upper belly, your natural waist has looks like it has dropped about an inch, less fat in the upper chest (what my daughter likes to call "arm boobs"), and looks like slightly less in the upper back/shoulder

I like to sew and make many of my clothes, these areas totally impact how clothes fit if you are making them custom sized.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    hmikkola92 wrote: »
    I got engaged on the 15th

Congrats @hmikkola92 !!

I didn't think I had any fat to lose in my arms and hands, but my watch is loose and I have already had my wedding ring sized once, and I will probably have to have it sized again when I reach goal since it's already getting loose again.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    hmikkola92 wrote: »
    I got engaged on the 15th,the ring fit snugly. Yesterday I noticed it's started sliding sideways. I have been going up and down the same 3 lbs for a few weeks now. And I'm pretty sure rings don't stretch ;)

Yay! Congrats! Imagine how great it's going to be shopping for a dress!

'slight' change...?! You're kidding, right? I see a great change! *Round of applause and a big hug!!*

Thanks! We are always our worst critic aren't we?!? I didn't think I saw much but the more I look at it, the more I feel like I notice.
    less fat in the lower back, less fat around the ribcage and upper belly, your natural waist has looks like it has dropped about an inch, less fat in the upper chest (what my daughter likes to call "arm boobs"), and looks like slightly less in the upper back/shoulder

I like to sew and make many of my clothes, these areas totally impact how clothes fit if you are making them custom sized.

Thanks for pointing that out! I really hasn't studied them as well as I should have. I just keep focused on the belly right in front of course! Which is why it's so easy to think nothing has changed.

When your Happy Scale chart looks like this, it can be discouraging even when I know better!
    24ni2pv8wr3d.png

• AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    I call my little pot, My Buddha-Belly (I'm Buddhist).
    I'm very proud of it, it's testimony to the fact I've been a Mum. Sure, I can, and will lose it, but I don't wish it away in any sense of dogged determination..... Not to critique anyone else's views, just my opinion. Of course YMMV.....
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Cool @Sunny_Bunnie! When was it that you went from a size 8 to a 6 and sometimes a 4 without losing weight?

Nice change in that most recent pic too! You're melting! Encouraging to all!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a pound since January, but a pair of pants I bought then are now baggy...even fresh out of the dryer.
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think we've all proven you still lose inches even if the scale is being a bugger.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Cool @Sunny_Bunnie! When was it that you went from a size 8 to a 6 and sometimes a 4 without losing weight?

Nice change in that most recent pic too! You're melting! Encouraging to all!

I bought shorts in May last year (2016) that were all 6 and 4. I think I'm a true 6 and the 4's just run a little big.
    All winter I wore 8 and previous summer (2015) was all 8 and I think even some 10's

The 6 and 4's seem to be the right fit still this year.