How did you decide your goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• DDBooBoo57
    DDBooBoo57 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I picked 127 because it is the lowest I can go and still feel good--not tired. I haven't been 127 since 2005. I got down to 140 in 2013, and then I gained it back. Perhaps 127 is not achievable. Hmm?

Height: 5'6"
    HW: 167lbs
    CW: 154lbs
    GW: 127lbs
  • jenhaynes74
    jenhaynes74 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My weight loss goal is 125-127lbs based on frame (small frame). Technically, I want to lose body fat (inches). I have 25-27% body fat. Approximately 5lbs of fat = 1" off body. So my goal is to lose body fat and gain lean/maintain muscle.

Jan. starting weight: 147lb. < result of the wrong way to Reverse Diet. Lots of calories too quickly
    Currently: 130 (5' 5.5"). <4 months of slowly increasing calories (managing my macros 40/40/20) through weight training & exercise.

I tend to get skinny (the gaunt side) on low calorie/low fat diets. So I'm easing my way into the process.
  • jenhaynes74
    jenhaynes74 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Now I'm back to my weird self who loves salad but no dressing. Yup, just give me the leaves and I'm happy. :smiley:

Me too Glassofroses! I fill up on greens and they, all by themselves, taste amazing! I do add in protein (salmon, chicken, or just eggs chopped up) and feel like the luckiest person in the world to be able to eat this way!

[/quote]
    This comment was for someone that doesn't add salad dressing to their salads:
    Do not be afraid of healthy oil! Low-fat diets are not sustainable long term especially if you enjoy dressing. What matters is your macros - meeting your daily target of 20-25% healthy fat, which helps you burn fat. (Fun Fact: eating fat to burn fat. Crazy right!!)

Quick dressing: Dijon Mustard, Balsamic Vinegar, & Olive Oil. < It meets daily macros for healthy weight loss.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Now I'm back to my weird self who loves salad but no dressing. Yup, just give me the leaves and I'm happy. :smiley:

Me too Glassofroses! I fill up on greens and they, all by themselves, taste amazing! I do add in protein (salmon, chicken, or just eggs chopped up) and feel like the luckiest person in the world to be able to eat this way!
    This comment was for someone that doesn't add salad dressing to their salads:
    Do not be afraid of healthy oil! Low-fat diets are not sustainable long term especially if you enjoy dressing. What matters is your macros - meeting your daily target of 20-25% healthy fat, which helps you burn fat. (Fun Fact: eating fat to burn fat. Crazy right!!)

Quick dressing: Dijon Mustard, Balsamic Vinegar, & Olive Oil. < It meets daily macros for healthy weight loss. [/quote]

*thumbs up* #teameatallthemacros I have IBS so fat, or dairy fat, is a hard one for me to get down but I push within my limitations because it's important. I also happen to just really not like the taste of oils* or avocados, or fat in general, but I eat it to be healthy. I'm never under on my fat macro, it's that darn protein one, so it's just a matter of picking my battles and dressings isn't something I think is worthy of pushing through my gag reflex (sorry for the visual). If you can eat healthy fat/dressings with no problems, do it. I would never advocate cutting a macro, it's just a bizarre problem I have. :smile:

[my macros are 35C/30F/35P on non-training days and 50C/30F/20P on training days]

*my mum never used them growing up so to me it just makes things slimy. The same with salt, never add it to anything because my mum never did.